It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruz did it again - went against the will of the people in Maine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Umm actually its nto a cult. youre free to leave at any time and ar enot required to give anything to the church if you dont want to or cant. SO by definition most are no tcults. now mormons and catholics...... have cult like ideas....but youd have to ask them. since im a un affiliated babtist.(christian but dont belong to a church specifically because of their corruption at the highest levels)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Benevolent Heretic pretty much hit the nail on the head.

I want to add that there is nothing wrong with christian values as a whole when they are inclusive and reflect the teachings of Jesus (and in that respect they are wonderful values by which to live). However, when they are exclusive and seek to take away or deny the rights of others, or deny services or the right to happiness to others (as long as that right to pursue happiness doesn't purposefully, physically harm another person). Remember: slavery and denial of equal opportunity for women was largely done under the "christian" banner, too.

Do we see Cruz and crew loving their neighbors? Only if they're appropriately "christian." If they're Muslim, transgender, or gay they're apparently SOL in CruzLand.

Sadly, what we see in people like Cruz is, in essence, a somewhat radical christian (theocratic) reaction to radical Islam.

And they are both dangerous to our country.
edit on 26-4-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

The GOP is turning people away with these tactics. If it continues they WILL lose the White House, and probably every other office at all level of government, because they will have lost the trust and support of the voters.

The GOP lost the White House a while back in this race, when they first very publicly targeted their own front-runner.

While a lot of the GOP voters will likely stick with the party for other races, those of us who realize how blatant and disrespectful the GOP elite have been in ignoring the will of the voters, will not hesitate to vote AGAINST our own party, just to show that we simply won't stand for it. I wouldn't be surprised if the GOP ceased to be a relevant party after this election.

Whether you support Trump or not, any American, and especially any Republican, should be outraged at how blatantly a political party can try and circumvent the will of the voters for their own agenda. The Democrats are seeing the same thing, just differently, with Hillary and the Super-Delegates. If the GOP had Super-Delegates, they would have been even more successful in ignoring the voters' will.
edit on 26-4-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Umm actually its nto a cult. youre free to leave at any time and ar enot required to give anything to the church if you dont want to or cant. SO by definition most are no tcults. now mormons and catholics...... have cult like ideas....but youd have to ask them

I used the word cult because I was responding to someone who used that word. I also think religions are cults. There's no requirement for giving anything or being held captive to be considered a cult.
Mormons and Catholics are Christians, just as Baptists are. They follow Christ, hence Christianity.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Umm actually its nto a cult. youre free to leave at any time and ar enot required to give anything to the church if you dont want to or cant. SO by definition most are no tcults. now mormons and catholics...... have cult like ideas....but youd have to ask them

I used the word cult because I was responding to someone who used that word. I also think religions are cults. There's no requirement for giving anything or being held captive to be considered a cult.
Mormons and Catholics are Christians, just as Baptists are. They follow Christ, hence Christianity.

A cult follows WITHOUT ASKING OR QUESTIONING. I ask and question all the time. Its not just blind faith. A cult has blind faith and will do stupid stuff because of it.

No you are talking about the power structure and how they dictate to the lower members. I'm independent so Personally dont follow them. I myself do myself alone. As it should be.

Here. read this. it explains better.
Is christianity a cult
edit on 16000000pppm by yuppa because: added value

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I am really tired of all the crying about this stuff. This is the way the party works. It has never been a secret and even a basic knowledge of US history would keep any of this from being a surprise. Trump joined the GOP knowing the primaries work. That was his choice. And if he did not know then that makes him incompetent anyway. This is a man who brags about finding loopholes in business to deals to get the advantage. He chose this political party, in fact he change his political stances on just about everything to do so. To late to cry about it now because somebody else is better at making deals.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

A cult follows WITHOUT ASKING OR QUESTIONING. . . A cult has blind faith and will do stupid stuff because of it.

That sounds like most major denominations of Christianity (and most other religions). Some people truly question, others simply blindly follow how they have been raised and what they've been raised to believe.

For all intents and purposes, religions are cults. Period.

Culturally, we seem to think of cults as smaller fringe groups outside the norm with questionable beliefs and actions (which is why there's a negative connotation), but all a cult really is a group of people following a certain dogmatic belief system what a central figure they (may or may not) deify (whether human or not).

Religions are, essentially, cults.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Just because something was always done a certain way, does not make it ethical.

Just because there are rules, does not mean those rules are ethical.

Just because some powerful people think they control the little people, does not mean it is ethical.

Things need to change.

Trump is the only one speaking up for the people's right to choose their presidential nominees. And it is not because he is losing, because he is not. As he has said repeatedly, he is speaking out because the system is not fair to the people. This is why we need him in office. He stands up to those that no one has stood up to before.

edit on 4/26/16 by BlueAjah because: added

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Personally, I think the "crying about it" is really just a ploy to call it out to the people.
A way to get the rather shady practices to be talked about in the media.

All this does, is solidify his "the other guys are all crooks" stance, which of course is really his appeal.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I concur. Most people do not know how the system works. By convention time everyone in the US will know how "democracy" really works.

Ron paul tried to play it by the actual rules
Trump is playing it by how the public perceived it was played.

either way, a very small group is shown is to run this machine. voting and rules are just rubber stamps. Really I'm guessing about 5000 people are needed to maintain this rubber stamping of RNC candidates.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I'm not sure anyone is saying that the way they operate is ethical. I'm certainly not. The elections in this country haven't been ethical for many, many years. And they're getting worse all the time. And Trump is doing a GREAT THING by bringing it to everyone's attention. But the ONLY reason he's doing it is because he was so incompetent that he let this whole thing sneak up on him and he got (or is getting) bested by the guys who knew how to play the game. Trump lucked into this. If he had known how primaries were run, he could have made 'election reform' the center of his platform with the motto of "Take America Back" and won the election with 70% of the vote, nationwide. He should have run as an independent instead of appealing to fear and one side (Republican) of a very divided country.

I'm sorry you think he's going to do something about primary elections "for the people"... He's not. He just fell into this and he doesn't know what he's doing or how to get legislation passed in Congress. He thinks he's going to be King complete with a magic wand. It's very sad that so many people believe that he can do even part of what he says.

I honestly don't know how I'm going to vote. It won't be Trump, but if he had run a different campaign and not made such a cluster of it... I mean, I've heard him say, "I'll be so presidential and boring, you won't believe it"! and then turn around and say he's not changing a thing... He sways on most of his positions like a willow in the wind. He's "being presidential" already - changing his positions because the party told him to. Well, if he had run independent and didn't appeal to the fear, I may have supported him, too. But he's been WAY too negative, confusing, insulting (I know some people like that) and incompetent for me to even consider him now.

Everything in your post could be said about Bernie Sanders.
edit on 4/26/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I like Trump for his policies, his accomplishments, his skill, and his ideals.
But another thing in his favor is that he is not an insider and not a politician.
So, the things you are criticizing him for are some of the things that people like about him.

He does not have insider cronies to make back room deals with delegates, offering political favors. That's a good thing.

It has nothing to do with not knowing how the system works.

In areas where delegates should be voting with the will of the voters, Cruz is making insider deals with the party cronies to steal that choice away from the people.

Colorado just changed their rules last August so that the people could not vote at all. Only delegates made the decision to vote for Cruz. Trump did not fail, he just was not going to play that insider game.

Trump is winning with the people. He earned every delegate through the voice of the people.

Cruz failed miserably with the public, and only got where he is making insider deals.

Trump's path had nothing to do with not knowing how things work. He just knew that he was not going to get ahead using those tactics, because he was not going to bribe and coerce delegates, he has said so.

And, if you think Cruz is not using dirty tactics... here is an example. I emailed PA delegates to see how they would vote. Check out this reply from one of them. I had heard he was supporting Trump and asked if that was true. His reply:

Yes, You have MY WORD that I will not
vote for any candidate but Mr, Trump.

No pressure or bribe of any kind could make me change my mind.
I am concerned with the future of our Nation for You ,your grandchildren and
mine.

Now, I never mentioned anything like a bribe when I asked him. I wonder why this delegate would mention that. Could it be because he has been pressured and offered bribes? It is not from Trump, as he says he would not accept bribes.

edit on 4/26/16 by BlueAjah because: edit

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
There really seems nothing dangerous in a cult that says love your neighbor as yourself, forgive others and sin no more, is there?

If that same cult says that some people shouldn't have equal rights and that cult members shouldn't have to obey the law, then it is absolutely a dangerous cult!

We need Christian values over the "screw the world where is mine" crowd or the "Hate you cause you aren't like me so I will tortuously murder you" crowd.

"Christian Values" is a tricky phrase, because it depends on which cult member you speak to as to what it really means... Sure, we need more 'love one another' and 'forgiveness', but there's VERY LITTLE of that going on in modern Christianity. It's more like, 'use legal means to force others to behave as if they belong to our cult'.

No, thanks! I'd rather have Trump and his insanity than Cruz and his slimy coercion...

Wrong, there is no cult that says love your neighbor in one hand and what you think on the other. They are either with Christ or Satan is what Jesus would have told them. NO we DO need real Christian values not the values you want to attach to Christians who have fallen away from God. Trump might be playing for the other team when he starts walking back those things that made me want him for Pres.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

I want to add that there is nothing wrong with christian values as a whole when they are inclusive and reflect the teachings of Jesus (and in that respect they are wonderful values by which to live). However, when they are exclusive and seek to take away or deny the rights of others, or deny services or the right to happiness to others (as long as that right to pursue happiness doesn't purposefully, physically harm another person). Remember: slavery and denial of equal opportunity for women was largely done under the "christian" banner, too.

Do we see Cruz and crew loving their neighbors? Only if they're appropriately "christian." If they're Muslim, transgender, or gay they're apparently SOL in CruzLand.

Sadly, what we see in people like Cruz is, in essence, a somewhat radical christian (theocratic) reaction to radical Islam.

1st, NO he is NOT perfect but who is, at least he gets a 97 Conservative rating.

You guys aren't seeing the Cruz i see and are pointing at very weak examples of him being a trouble maker in the big scheme of things. Examples that are not a problem for me when stacked up against the crap the Dems and RINOs are feeding us. Like allowing a clan of murderous people to come in with good people because it "feels good" to let them in with little or no security clearance when their old neighborhood is full of haters who want to murder any who dont follow Islam exactly the way they want from you. Christians don't profess to want anybody dead that don' t follow their particular denomination like ISIS is doing do ya?

I like Ted's bumps better than Hillary's or Bernie's bumps against society and against any of 100 out of 100 RINOs (yes there are more than that). I see Cruz actually saying EXACTLY what needs to be said in these matters of border security. Because we nor anyone else has a country without a border do we? And Trump is saying what needs to be said about that too, if he doesn't keep walking it back.

Cruz/Trump or Trump/Cruz will win. Divided, we are in big trouble.

Please, listen to Ron Reagan's speeches about Government and i hear the words that Ted Cruz has been talking. Ted gets it that we are taxed to death for liberal crap. That crap they are feeding us is designed to destroy our very way of life, on purpose with fervor.
edit on 26-4-2016 by Justoneman because: edit to add a bit more

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

edit on 26-4-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

A positive attitude is always a good thing

And true - sorry it was a response to posts above.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

. You guys aren't seeing the Cruz i see

Exactly my point.

Nail meet hammer.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

A cult follows WITHOUT ASKING OR QUESTIONING. . . A cult has blind faith and will do stupid stuff because of it.

That sounds like most major denominations of Christianity (and most other religions). Some people truly question, others simply blindly follow how they have been raised and what they've been raised to believe.

For all intents and purposes, religions are cults. Period.

Culturally, we seem to think of cults as smaller fringe groups outside the norm with questionable beliefs and actions (which is why there's a negative connotation), but all a cult really is a group of people following a certain dogmatic belief system what a central figure they (may or may not) deify (whether human or not).

Religions are, essentially, cults.

In my case i prefer a cult of people who choose to love and have forgiveness in their hearts. We will still have to kill the wolf be it figurative or real, before it eats the flock of sheep because if the flock dies we die.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Good for you.

See my previous posts: my problem is with self pronounced "Christians" (such as Cruz) who seek to deny others basic rights because they don't practice their religion in an INCLUSIVE way.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Good for you.

See my previous posts: my problem is with self pronounced "Christians" (such as Cruz) who seek to deny others basic rights because they don't practice their religion in an INCLUSIVE way.

Still hands down, he is our man. Those statements not withstanding because he gets the part about the Constitution the others pretend to ignore. He is pushing for everything we need to get us back on the right track, plus he adds some stuff we can agree to not like about him. As is Donald pushing for what we need with issues we can agree are not good, his stance will work for me too compared to our options.
edit on 26-4-2016 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2016 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join