It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruz did it again - went against the will of the people in Maine

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Please read the articles. There was an agreement that the delegates would contain equal supporters from each campaign and be distributed proportionally based on the vote.

That proportion based on the vote should have been Cruz 12, Trump 9 and Kasich 2.

But instead the Cruz campaign reneged on the agreement and actively worked to put in delegates that mostly supported Cruz... therefore ignoring the will of the voters as the delegates just chose who they wanted. It's crony politics.

But it's alright because he was holding the bible high while doing it!

edit on 24-4-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I did read the articles. I know what happened. My point is that these agreements hold as much weight as their pledge to support the winning candidates. NONE. They've ALL broken that pledge. Cruz is no worse than any other. Trying to make Donald the victim just doesn't work anymore.

I agree completely that ti's crony politics, but they're ALL as guilty as the other of that.
edit on 4/24/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
If Cruz had Trump's numbers, the media and the RNC would be begging, if not DEMANDING Trump withdraw for the good of the party. #doublestandards

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

The right is a huge cluster bomb this election.

LOL!! Yes, it is. Like those packages of fireworks that sell for $80 under the 4th of July Fireworks tent - and they're all going off, but not all at once. It'll take a while longer to get to the great big ones.

"Spins around, emits sparks, flies rapid upward, reports" and so forth and so on.....
a few invisible "aerial bombs" tucked in there to get people disoriented.....

it's astounding. Dazzling, really.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Someone remind me again...why do you people vote at all ?

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

The thing is, Donald is not actually the only victim.
The common people are the victims. We are the ones voting, and being sold a pile of... something... that our votes mean something.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Oh, I agree! Today's elections are pretty much a joke. I'm not one to say it's worthless to vote, but I'm not under the illusion that our primary election is in the hands of the people. I've known for a long time that the PARTY elects their nominee, not the people. That information surprised MUCH of the country, including Donald. He had NO excuse not to know all the details about how the primaries work and how to take advantage of every opportunity, as Cruz did. And Donald WOULD HAVE. You can bet he would have used the system to his advantage. But he thought he had it in his pocket, so he didn't bother. He thought it was a popularity contest... and sadly, that's what it's turned into. He's very popular with the people. But the PARTY has to put him forth, and they don't want to. NOT because he can't be bought, but because he would start WWIII with his crazy ideas and he would escalate the inevitable downfall of the US of A.

I think our votes mean something, but not as much as most people think and not our primary votes.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I did read the articles. I know what happened. My point is that these agreements hold as much weight as their pledge to support the winning candidates. NONE. They've ALL broken that pledge. Cruz is no worse than any other. Trying to make Donald the victim just doesn't work anymore.

I agree completely that ti's crony politics, but they're ALL as guilty as the other of that.

No doubt Trump will also break the GOP pledge he signed that he would stay with the party. He'll go third party after they screw him at the convention in July. He'll return the favor and screw the Rs by handing the election to Hillary. Pledges are made to be broken. They're not legally binding. A pledge is a sign of keeping honor. No one keeps their word anymore.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

Someone remind me again...why do you people vote at all ?

A dog and pony show to make people believe that we actually live in a Democracy where we have a say who gets elected.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
No doubt Trump will also break the GOP pledge he signed that he would stay with the party. He'll go third party after they screw him at the convention in July. He'll return the favor and screw the Rs by handing the election to Hillary.

I think you're probably right. That "pledge", on everyone's part, was just a show to make the RNC appear to be able to come together. I don't know how they're going to do that AD (After Donald), because the whole GOP electorate is split. I think it will be a good thing for the country. I hope the Dems split, too. It would do this country a world of good to fracture the stranglehold these two organizations have on our governance. And for that, I could actually muster up some gratitude for Mr. Trump. But I don't want him (or Cruz) for president.

A pledge is a sign of keeping honor. No one keeps their word anymore.

Not anyone in politics, anyway. To some people, their word is still very important to them.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
was it a verbal agreement or written ?

if it was written then show some backbone and enforce it

if it was verbal shame on you

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
weird
edit on 24-4-2016 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

No doubt Trump will also break the GOP pledge he signed that he would stay with the party. He'll go third party after they screw him at the convention in July. He'll return the favor and screw the Rs by handing the election to Hillary. Pledges are made to be broken. They're not legally binding. A pledge is a sign of keeping honor. No one keeps their word anymore.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Curly Haugland, a longstanding RNC official and an unbound delegate from North Dakota who will be on the convention rules committee in July, told CNBC that attaining 1,237 during the primaries does not secure the nomination.

“Even if Trump reaches the magic number of 1,237 the media and RNC are touting, that does not mean Trump is automatically the nominee,” Haugland said. “The votes earned during the primary process are only estimates and are not legal convention votes. The only official votes to nominate a candidate are those that are cast from the convention floor.”

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Curly Haugland is a tool.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: dawnstar

Everyone (except Cruz) seems to agree that the GOP is using Cruz. He just happened to be the one that survived the primaries long enough to be the only one they can use to possibly slow down Trump. And the main way he is slowing down Trump is by party backroom deals and shady delegate activity. That Cruz has survived this long has little to nothing to do with his popularity or ability to win voters.

They are using Cruz in an attempt to keep every delegate they can from Trump so that they can nominate whoever they want at the RNC.

THIS is why they should make the delegates vote the way they were distributed or suffer a penalty such as going to jail for comitting fraud. ID love for a lighning bolt to strike cruz while he is on stage at a rally one day.(or maybe faulty wiring ) and stop this liar.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I think you may be right... The rules indicate that the FIRST ballot will take place at the convention, and while the majority of delegates are bound, the rest can vote however they want to...

GOP Convention Facts

To become the Republican nominee, a candidate must secure the votes of a majority of the 2,472 delegates at Convention. A candidate that receives the vote of 1,237 delegates or more wins the nomination.

Every delegate has only one vote and a majority of delegates will be “bound” to vote for a certain candidate on the first ballot.

Unless that first ballot of delegates are ALL bound to Trump, I don't see how he wins...

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

See even the bound ones are still not doing their jobs. They are voting against what they are to actually do because the GOP says so or risk their statuses.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Very true.

In Pennsylvania we have a huge challenge tomorrow. We, the people have to vote for the delegates who will go the convention. FIFTY-SIX of them, all unbound.

Some have stated who they plan to support, but they are under no obligation to stick to that.

I have been emailing delegates, as have many others, to see how they stand. We have to have some idea who to elect. I emailed no matter who they were supporting, even if uncommitted. For those who said they were for Trump, I asked if they were committed through the whole process.

This one reply in particular says it all, (from a PA delegate):

Yes, You have MY WORD that I will not vote for any candidate but Mr, Trump. No pressure or bribe of any kind could make me change my mind. I am concerned with the future of our Nation for You ,your grandchildren and mine.

Now, I wonder why a delegate, a supposed insider, would mention pressure and bribes?
Note - my email to him did not remotely mention bribes.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Justoneman

Cruz is not so gullible but does give people the creeps. But i think he is true to the country and Constitution and is certainly not perfect but it appears to me he is one of our best hopes at this point in our Republic.

While he may firmly believe in holding to *his* interpretation on what is constitutional, he sees things through a purely (christian) theocratic lens, and that is one thing that's so dangerous and frightening—because it's blatant.

Did we miss something? There really seems nothing dangerous in a cult that says love your neighbor as yourself, forgive others and sin no more, is there?
We need Christian values over the "screw the world where is mine" crowd or the "Hate you cause you aren't like me so I will tortuously murder you" crowd.
edit on 25-4-2016 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
There really seems nothing dangerous in a cult that says love your neighbor as yourself, forgive others and sin no more, is there?

If that same cult says that some people shouldn't have equal rights and that cult members shouldn't have to obey the law, then it is absolutely a dangerous cult!

We need Christian values over the "screw the world where is mine" crowd or the "Hate you cause you aren't like me so I will tortuously murder you" crowd.

"Christian Values" is a tricky phrase, because it depends on which cult member you speak to as to what it really means... Sure, we need more 'love one another' and 'forgiveness', but there's VERY LITTLE of that going on in modern Christianity. It's more like, 'use legal means to force others to behave as if they belong to our cult'.

No, thanks! I'd rather have Trump and his insanity than Cruz and his slimy coercion...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join