It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Button cell battery found inside tablet/pill when I was in mental health hospital!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: gell1234

Weird. If you thought it came from the pink pill, did you save the next dose, crush the pink coating off and see if there was a battery in it?
Yeah, I bit into it the next night. It was a normal tablet.

At the time I thought my mistake was telling a few people what had happened, and they didn't do it again because I had told people about it.

Though now I'm not sure if telling people was the reason it didn't happen that night.

Btw.

I still felt ill on the second day, I think I was fine after that. Hasn't seemed to happen again since. (that I know of)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
How big was the battery, measurement wise.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
It wasn't one of the flat batteries, and it wasn't one of the smaller button cell batteries.
I would say my best estimate is over 5mm wide but less than 10mm wide. It was almost as 'thick' as it was 'wide'

The same size as the tablet. reply to: Atsbhct

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Did it have the positive/negative markings?

Maybe it wasn't a battery but an expired pill that hardened or something?

I woulda left it In a cup of water or something to see if it dissolved at all.

In any case, I bet it was the meds that made you feel ill, regardless of the mystery battery.

I'm glad you're doing better!

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
You can't mistake a button cell battery for a tablet. Tablets aren't silver and they don't rust.
a reply to: GoShredAK

edit on 24-4-2016 by gell1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Can you tell us what medication it was and what dose?

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: gell1234ok you're right, they were feeding you batteries.

J/k......sorry that came out rude......
edit on 24-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
You said it was the shape of the tablet. I know they make some of those meds so you can't split them and taper off.

I was thinking maybe the shell dissolved and revealed the medicine that hardened into a metal like state.

Far fetched, but so is the premise of the OP.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
But it had the battery markings on the back, though I can't remember what they were.

I said the battery and tablet were the same size, but if I remember I'm sure the tablet was more oval shape. a reply to: GoShredAK

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I can't remember as I have changed type of medication and dose a few times.

But it was an antipsychotic.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Weird, I wouldn't put anything past psych doctors really. I'm not trying to freak you out either. I have been down this road before.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: gell1234
I never left the room nor did anybody enter the room.

I threw my tablet in the toilet and went to bed, next day I went straight to the toilet when I woke up.

No one had been in my room using any device (during the day) unless they were using the device on me, and no one used any device on me.

a reply to: solve

I thought of something else.

Bear with me. Ever flushed the toilet, watch stuff disappear down the hole only to see a small bit come back up right at the end?

All toilets have what is called a siphon trap, an elbow in the design to keep smells from coming back from the pipe into the bathroom through the toilet. Its possible the battery, (being too heavy) was caught in the trap for some time before coming back into the bowl when you flushed it.

It may have been there, been thrown away by some nurse like I suggested earlier, but not completely flushed away.

Image of siphon trap in toilets

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I figured it was either some people I had met not long before I went to hospital, that we're into some weird things (paranormal things)

Or an agency of some kind (government/secret society). Although I went through some unexplainable events and talked about it, I'm not sure this is enough of a reason to poison me, as a lot of people talk about paranormal experiences.

I have thought that maybe one of the nurses that gives out the medication could have been in on it. But I don't think the doctors were...although I can't be 100% sure.

a reply to: GoShredAK

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
They didn't use any devices on me, so why would a device be in my room? And it's unlikely that someone entered my room with a device not intended for me, whilst I wasn't there.

reply to: intrptr

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I never left the room nor did anybody enter the room.

I threw my tablet in the toilet and went to bed, next day I went straight to the toilet when I woke up.

No one had been in my room using any device (during the day) unless they were using the device on me, and no one used any device on me.

a reply to: solve

I thought of something else.

Bear with me. Ever flushed the toilet, watch stuff disappear down the hole only to see a small bit come back up right at the end?

All toilets have what is called a siphon trap, an elbow in the design to keep smells from coming back from the pipe into the bathroom through the toilet. Its possible the battery, (being too heavy) was caught in the trap for some time before coming back into the bowl when you flushed it.

It may have been there, been thrown away by some nurse like I suggested earlier, but not completely flushed away.

Image of siphon trap in toilets
This is the most plausible explanation IMO.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Maybe,

But like I said I was in that room for a few weeks, so it's unlikely to be from the mental patient in there before me...

And no devices were in my room for the whole time I was in hospital...

Also strange that it happened the same night I flushed my tablet.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Wrong thread lol
edit on 24-4-2016 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

edit on 24-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc
Not surprising at all. Modern life is deeply unfulfilling, especially for men. Deep down every guy knows something is seriously wrong. Every man who's testosterone hasn't already been obliterated by all the chemicals is still effectively living in the wilderness, or his biology is anyway. He needs to go out and fight, f*ck, hunt, build stuff with his own hands, craft, run, and howl.....
That has nothing to do with this thread.
edit on 24-4-2016 by gell1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc
Not surprising at all. Modern life is deeply unfulfilling, especially for men. Deep down every guy knows something is seriously wrong. Every man who's testosterone hasn't already been obliterated by all the chemicals is still effectively living in the wilderness, or his biology is anyway. He needs to go out and fight, f*ck, hunt, build stuff with his own hands, craft, run, and howl.....
That has nothing to do with this thread.

My bad bro, thought I was posting on the suicide thread.....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join