It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who whinge about their job

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I need to vent this. People who constantly complain about doing their jobs really piss me off. If you don't like working in a job you hate then #in leave. Having to go into work and listen to people moaning is toxic for the work environment. " I can't believe I have to do this" or " this is bull#" have no place in the work environment. Be #in grateful you have a job. Maybe you didn't get your promotion or pay rise because you arrive late and leave as soon as it's one minute to the end of your shift no matter how much you have left to do or come in hungover as # everyday.

I actually have this problem at the moment, a co worker is all pissy because I got promoted to manager instead of her. Even though she is lazy, comes in constantly hungover, not punctual, first to leave, she still thinks she's entitled to a promotion?? I work a 60 hour week and sacrifice seeing my 3 beautiful kids all the time, do I like it hell no but I'm not gonna go around making the work place toxic for everyone else.

So if anyone who reads this is a complainer when in work just knock it off. Trust me everyone that is in your workplace would much rather be sipping mojito's on a beach somewhere but we ain't, so try not to make it worse for everyone around you.

/Rant
edit on 022016022016bam24 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad
Getting a job somewhere else is dependent on the employment situation.

And can people not complain if their work life is avoidably made worse than it needs to be?
Case in point; this rant turns out to be about one of your colleagues. In effect, then, you yourself are complaining about one aspect of your work environment.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I don't complain in work, this is the rant section, you know a place to rant about things that's why it is posted here. And yes complaining in work about having to do basic tasks of your job is toxic for everyone there. I do the exact same job as said person but don't demoralise everyone else about how bad it is ( which it isn't). People have their own problems without having to listen about how hard someone thinks they have it.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Sorry, I didn't appreciate the distinction. Fair point.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Sorry, I didn't appreciate the distinction. Fair point.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I have found myself stuck in crappy jobs.
I found other jobs until I was happy in my situation.
Money isn't everything. The people you are around are more important.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

I agree completely, whinge bags, do something else if you don't like it. I've left every job I didn't like, the 'no work to be found' line is mostly BS in the UK, just ask any of the hundreds of thousands of eastern Europeans who move here for employment.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

I get your point, you are right, that is why i do not bother working for anyone.
if i am working somewhere i am always drunk, and i do not even enjoy alcohol.

Hunting and fishing suits me better, and makes me happy, not money.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

I can appreciate that but the sad fact of my life is I have to work if I need money. I know the old saying money isn't everything but these days everything has a cost. I want a roof over my kids heads, money, I want food in their bellies,money, I want them to have a proper education, money.
edit on 312016312016bam24 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Agreed. :up;

I've worked with ineffective colleagues who never miss a chance to complain. They think they can do everyone else's jobs better and how they should be paid more. Always moaning that they're being ripped off and underpaid. You can't speak to them for long before they start to drain your enthusiasm.

What's worse is that most people like that create more work for others! They never give 100% so other people actually take up the slack. The same people they complain are overpaid are doing part of their jobs for them and they still moan.

The thing is, once you have more than about six people, there will always be one who whinges. They gravitate to each other when they meet a similar mind-set and become like a cancer in any workforce.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Have I been a "whinger'? Yup!
( altho I was one while doing 2 peoples jobs)

Did I grow, or learn my way out of it?
YUP!

98% of the problem was learning to identify toxic workplaces, toxic/ineffectual managers/ lousy companies.
REALLY wish this stuff was taught in school!
Oh wait! Lots of school administrations are JUST like this!! Maybe be tough for them to teach then?

Came across a couple of articles.
This one deals with blue collar kids navigating a white collar world.
www.getbullish.com...

Next to ATS this other is my favorite website. Learnt a lot here, like ATS I find tons of good advice in the comment sections.( when people aren't picking nits to death that is!
)

www.askamanager.org...

Lots of UK people on here as well, so don't think this is all US stuff.

All that said, Whingers won't change being whingers till they decide they need to change. What I have learned is
If your Boss hasn't "managed" this person out the door yet they suck as a boss. While this is your rant, maybe you'll find some help in these links so your current " Work-Downer" has little to no effect on you anymore.

I find reading about other peoples workplaces is interesting, but mostly shocking. I think the Boss who made his employees wear dunce caps was a show-stopper. Hey! Who knew it wasn't illegal???
Ask a Manager has some outstanding Bad Boss Stories.

Also I sympathize with your rant, worked in 3 toxic jobs till I broke the cycle. Now I have to be careful to not let it color my perspective on the normal/nice one I'm in. I apparently learnt some really bad habits I need to ditch. One is jumping into new responsibilities and thinking I MUST ace this!!! LOL!! New company trains, and expects things to take time. The concept that I won't be berated for making a mistake is a totally new concept. Altho it's normal, in a normal workplace.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Cheers for the links

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
There is one thing about complaining about your job and complaining when your job is needlessly complicated by outside factors.

Case in point, we are in the middle of a shift in how things are done between us and our major contractor. Instead of the usual course of things where we get our proofing in large data chunks and can easily see how much work there is in front of us and estimate how long it will take, there is a glitch in the system where it trickles in a job or five at a time. Then the contractor wants to take certain things that every store must do and dump them on us all at once for every store.

So these two conditions collided the other day and we were stuck in a situation where we had to proof material for every store for the contractor and could not see how much we had done and how much we had yet to do because of the glitch in the system. So it was like an unpleasant mystery for around two hours.

I can tell you that there was plenty of good-natured grousing.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I work for a bank and I just transferred locations because of the assistant manager where I use to work. She was a HORRIBLE human being who shouldn't be working with people at all!

She constantly complained about customers and how she hated being there and this started within 5 mins of her Getty to work! The more annoyed she was the meaner she was to customers and me! I had it out with her a few times because I will not be talked to in such a manner. I don't care if you're the damn CEO you show respect! She would mock customers and judge them. It really made work uncomfortable for me. I dreaded going on when she was there which was daily! She was always so damn negative and condescending to customers. We had a lot of elderly at our branch and she was so mean! She seriously shouldn't be working with people with her attitude. She actually said to me one time that she must be doing something right since she is in management. Well I found out later she lucked into the management position and was suppose to be a teller!

She would curse customers behind the teller line. Talk down to them, get annoyed at every little thing. Oh I was miserable working with this person! I tried to quit once and my main boss wouldn't let me. I told her I want to transfer because I couldn't work in that environment. It was so highly UNPROFESSIONAL!!!! Well about a month ago I got my wish and I transferred to a branch with awesome people who actually HELP our customers! They are so kind and friendly. I also got an extra 10 hours a week! So I'm loving my new location!

This chick I worked with was young and imo very inexperienced in management and her actions showed it! I am writing a letter to the regional manager about her. I've kept details of all her insane behavior. We also had a personal banker quit because of this person and how our branch was run. It was a circus! I'm glad I'm no longer there.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Some of us have very legitimate reasons to complain!

This article hits on the surface of what happens at my mine, but is still so mild compared to the true reality!

Mining is one of the unhappiest professions

It' is truly insane.

Edit: 5 years and no missed days except when I was quarantined for a rare flu. usually 65-75 hour weeks, sometimes 84 hours. It's hard to be happy when you spent more time with other grumpy burnt out dudes than you do with your family. Oh and nearly nationwide mining has had wage freezes for nearly 3 years now

edit on 24-4-2016 by C8H10N4O2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

This is the rant forum

Perfect place for a rant of any kind!

You can complain about your job just don't do it at work! It's unprofessional!

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver
Yes, I acknowledged a couple of posts further down that I had missed the point of the distinction.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: mblahnikluver
Yes, I acknowledged a couple of posts further down that I had missed the point of the distinction.

Yea I saw that after I responded lol

I like the rant forum. It's the only place I know I can rant and be somewhat anonymous!

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Lol I'm a welder, I do dangerous things I don't want to do all the time. You'll hear me complain when I dont think things are safe or if I'm being underpaid versus risk. I dont know any happy rig welders they are all angry all the time n I luv it that way.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Just be thankful, your fit enough to work. Some people aren't so lucky.

If you have your health, be thankful.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join