It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince secret drug dealer revealed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Im not durprised. An eccentric talented artist quietly had an opiate addiction.

He must have kept it under wraps very well. Now don't let it fool you I still think he was clearly a talented artist but well.. What can you say?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

XCLUSIVE: Prince's former drug dealer tells how the legend spent $40,000 at a time on six-month supplies of Dilaudid pills and Fentanyl patches - highly addictive opioid pain killers - for 25 years

Well that's no joke. I guess we can put the conspiracies to rest now if this guy is for real huh?

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I think I'll wait for more info.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
its going to be really sad to see prince get the dead celebrity treatment

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

The daily mail isn't reliable. I'm not suprised that a tabloid like the DM has published such a story. I highly doubt this story is very credible.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Hmm. Wasn't aware that it was a tabloid but I really wouldn't be surprised.

With that level of excentric .

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The guy in the article said he saw Prince eating chicken. Prince was a vegan.

I'll also wait for more info...

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I'm sure if a rag magazine wanted to splash the headlines for profit at your corpses expense they could dig up a drug dealer that would say what they wanted about you too.

The important question, one that won't be asked till much later after the headlines effects are safely in their bank accounts, will be...... how much did the supposed drug dealer get paid for his story? It must be a lot to counteract the self incrimination implied.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I like most of your post's, but we should wait a while til the true story comes out. there is way to much speculation.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

He must have kept it under wraps very well. Now don't let it fool you I still think he was clearly a talented artist but well.. What can you say?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

XCLUSIVE: Prince's former drug dealer tells how the legend spent $40,000 at a time on six-month supplies of Dilaudid pills and Fentanyl patches - highly addictive opioid pain killers - for 25 years

Well that's no joke. I guess we can put the conspiracies to rest now if this guy is for real huh?

The source wanted to remain anonymous (for obvious & understandable reasons). It used to be that the press often didn't name names -- but was trusted to vet their source, none-the-less.

But I suppose I don't blame anyone for not trusting the daily mail. However, I don't believe they are any less credible than any other mainstream media source of 'anonymous' information.

They all suck, IMO.

Could be true, might not be. I am interested in whether the autopsy report shows a serious drug-use issue or not. Based on that, I might find this 'unnamed' source credible.

edit on 23-4-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I doubt this guy knows squat. But even if the premise is true, so? He danced in heels for 40 years and chronic pain is a bitch that plagues millions. No one with a pulse is exempt from pain and/or tragedy...or exploitation either it would seem.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I doubt this guy knows squat. But even if the premise is true, so? He danced in heels for 40 years and chronic pain is a bitch that plagues millions. No one with a pulse is exempt from pain and/or tragedy...or exploitation either it would seem.

I 100% agree that if Prince lived in chronic pain and developed a painkiller addiction because he was pushing himself to every limit in order to be the best that he thought he could be....so what?

I love him for it.

57 years of that instead of 75 years of *ordinary* seems like a fair enough tradeoff for someone with Prince's potential and ability. Life is full of choices. If Prince died young because he felt he needed to do the things he did -- I think he made a choice people should completely understand and appreciate.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Exactly. He had hip surgery a few years ago and I can say from personal experience having had the same surgery almost 8 months ago, it's brutally painful and I'm still in as much pain as I was before the surgery now that the actual surgical healing is done.

They don't always go the way the surgeon tells you it will. Being a musician myself, the last show I played, I could barely move for 2 days afterward and I didn't play anywhere near as long of a set as he does at a normal show.

Chronic pain is a B# and when you put off dealing with the physical symptoms for too long surgery doesn't always correct the issue. I've got a shiny new bionic titanium/ceramic composite and while the joint itself is working just fine and I technically have more range of motion than I used to, 20 years of putting it off means that all the muscles and tendons have adjusted to compensating for a gimpy gait and that muscle memory doesn't want to correct itself leaving me with chronic tendonitis of the iliopsoas.

If he had half the issues I do, I can see why he was taking Percocet and he has a much busier schedule than I do making it harder to rehab the injury.

Either way, I would prefer to wait for the toxicology results to come in before jumping to the conclusion that he over did the meds based on anonymous sources and TMZ

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

I wonder if he really though it was all worth it in the end?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Chronic pain is no joke, the effects is has on the sufferer both physically and emotionally are overwhelming. It's always sad to hear of or see someone else that's dealing with it.

It's also sad to see assumptions and conclusions drawn before autopsy and toxicology results are made public. He may have passed from another cause altogether.

The DM isn't the best source, and like K4Ewe said, Prince was vegan and the article has him eating chicken. His family and friends are dealing with enough right now and don't need the additional stresses of seeing their loved ones death exploited for profit...

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The * daily mail? And Fentanyl patches? Those are very strong. He would not be able to perform in concert, nor show up the saturday before he died at the dance party at his compound. They really not only kill pain but you will be asleep soon after putting it on..there is no tolerance to build up to a patch like that. You just take a pain free nap.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

My mother said...and things my mother say are often accurate and right...she said .."He gave what it would usually take four lifetimes to give. I am not surprised if he was in pain and had to treat it."

But that does not mean overdose via addiction. I am leaning towards an unexpected heart attack or flu with complications (flu symptoms can mimic heart attack symptoms), or this latest harsh flu that rezlooper had. I had it.

I am lucky to be alive. If you look back in some of my posts about a month ago, I said how sick I was. I had a yearly check up and they did blood work. I said I had back pain in the morning. They did full blood work. They thought it might be digestive and gave me some liquid that gave me an allergic reaction and did not help. So that wasn;t the problem. It was on a weekday morning. I was fine. On friday I was on the computer and they have a 'healthlink' to log into to see blood test results. My white blood cell count was very high. I wonder why no one had called me. Then I started sneezing. I really thought it was allergies, we had an early spring thaw then. It was warmish out. I thought I would call Monday. I was on here and on Wartune later.

I went too bed and at about 4:30 am Saturday I awoke slowly thinking 'why do I hurt so much?'. As I became fully awake, I realized that every muscle in my body hurt. I also realized I was cold and shivering, yet I was also very warm, especially my head. I decided I should try to get out of bed to get some water. This was a challenge. I could not get balance and kept grabbing for my armoire which seemed to keep moving. I finally got hold of it. I got downstairs, slowly and got water. I went back upstairs. My thermometer is in my room. I took my temperature, even after drinking cold water , it was over 102. I took ibuprofin and woke again to sweating. I took more ibuprofin and slept a little. At some point the next day, a friend took me to urgent care. I was told it was too late for Tamiflu, but they kept me 2 hours with a fluid drip and gave me instructions on keeping my fever down and sent me home with more iburofin and some cough nedicine as I had started coughing a little.

The next three days were HELL. It was mostly upper respitory, but my throat started getting sore and I was coughing more. My fever went up and down, but the fever was lower each time. About 4 days later, I felt better. I went shopping, I walked to an appointment. I did housework. I thought, great.

The next day the cough got worse. The fever came back. The muscle pain came back. I vomited several times. I went to my primary doctor. He prescribed antibiotics as a precaution, though he thought it was the same virus. Told me to stay hydrated, rest, get dayquil or nyquil, cough drops. Use iburofin as I had been.

I went through this same pattern for a month. Bloodwork comes back normal other than I was told I had a common flu for this year possibly complicated by 'walking pneumonia'.

I complained that my doctor's office KNEW something was wrong from my initial bloodwork. They denied that they could have known anything from a very high white blood cell count in a healthy patient coming in for a physical. I call BS.

I think doctors lie daily. The flu being the cause of Prince's death is not out of the realm of possibility.

edit on 24-4-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy

Chronic pain is no joke, the effects is has on the sufferer both physically and emotionally are overwhelming. It's always sad to hear of or see someone else that's dealing with it.

It's also sad to see assumptions and conclusions drawn before autopsy and toxicology results are made public. He may have passed from another cause altogether.

The DM isn't the best source, and like K4Ewe said, Prince was vegan and the article has him eating chicken. His family and friends are dealing with enough right now and don't need the additional stresses of seeing their loved ones death exploited for profit...

This ^^^^

Plus everything you've said about chronic pain. I am (fairly) young but have had back and hip issues for years. I am fortunate enough to not have to work right now (not disabled, just fortunate) but years ago when I did have to go back and messed up my back yet again (no higher education so my jobs have always been manual labor) I can remember distinctly laying in bed and not caring (and sometimes even maybe hoping not to) if I woke up again.

Pain has ways of destroying you MENTALLY. Day after day waking up with pain. Hour after hour. It just eats at your brain and soon it becomes all that you can concentrate on. Nothing you can do eases it and at that point you start forgetting what is good in life anymore because every breath just brings more waves of pain.

Chronic pain is tolerable. It's the mental breakdown that comes with it that gets most folks.

I do not begrudge anyone that has to live on pain pills to make life a bit more livable. And I sincerely hope if that is what he was doing, that he is now free from every ounce of pain he was having.
edit on 4/24/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy

In many instances, those closest to the one dealing with chronic pain have to deal with the ramifications as well. The pain takes on a life of its own and becomes center stage to every aspect of your life.

Exactly. It's not fair to prejudge someone based solely on tabloid speculation.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The * daily mail? And Fentanyl patches? Those are very strong. He would not be able to perform in concert, nor show up the saturday before he died at the dance party at his compound. They really not only kill pain but you will be asleep soon after putting it on..there is no tolerance to build up to a patch like that. You just take a pain free nap.

Just a little perspective from someone who has been prescribed the patches in question, they typically aren't the first thing prescribed. Typically you would start off on a much lower dosage of Hydrocodone. If it is a post surgical scrip, then you might be looking at something higher like Dilaudid or higher dosages of Percocet.

I can say from personal experience that I was walking around stone cold sober on dosages that would put someone else in the hospital because of how high my tolerance was and that was before my last surgery. It's entirely plausible that IF this was the case, that there was a progression to higher and higher dosages gradually.

The downside to all of that is, because your tolerance is through the roof, if anything throws the schedule off, the withdrawal is horrific. It makes anything from Requiem for a Dream and Trainspotting look like a day at Disney World. Especially if the person is taking a synthetic opioid like Fentanyl or Dilaudid. All it takes is the doctor not getting you a refill in time or a pharmacy not having what you are prescribed in stock and your on the short bus to hell.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I have a friend that went through just about the same scenario as you described after a number of major surgeries.
I think the potential for severe dependence was certainly there, and the "coup de gras" could have been having a bad flu as well, which does not mix well with those kinds of drugs, especially if he ran out of them.

Bless the man, he was indeed great.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join