It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings ATS! New to these forums

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I was having trouble finding where to start a new thread at the top of the forum. But when viewing a thread had the option to start a new one. Is this normal, or am I missing something?

Anyway, I've been a paranormal investigator for 10 years, and have always had an interest in UFO's and other odd things. This place is a treasure trove of good stuff! I see Q and A threads with folks like Stanton Friedman, Tom Delonge and others, I love that this happens here. Are these threads just one and done, or do the OP's return periodically? And is there a place where these "celebrities" ( for lack of better term..maybe experts is more apt) Q and A threads are pre- announced so they won't be missed?

Been having some trouble navigating the site, it's nothing like most messageboards in it's layout, not real intuitive, maybe I just need to get used to it

edit on 23-4-2016 by vlawde because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
One more question: When reading threads, if someone is quoting someone, I see if you click on the name it brings up the post the poster is replying to. But how do you make that go away? There isn't an X oranything to get rid of it. Only thing that works for me is exiting the thread or going to the next page

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Welcome to ATS.
The Ask Me Anything threads are announced ahead of time. There is one coming up with David Icke.

Looking forward to hearing more about your Paranormal Investigations.

I believe you can start a thread in most forums after 5 posts.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Welcome to the site. You will get used to the program. There is a little x on the box to get rid of it. Upper right hand corner I think..

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Hello and welcome! I love the paranormal and UFO's!

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

Welcome to ATS.
The Ask Me Anything threads are announced ahead of time. There is one coming up with David Icke.

Looking forward to hearing more about your Paranormal Investigations.

I believe you can start a thread in most forums after 5 posts.

Thanks! Where does one find the announcements for upcoming AMA's? You mentioned the David Icke one but I don't see it mentioned elsewhere or on the main page

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is the thread announcing David Icke AMA.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Thanks. Still having issues navigating the site. Is there a certain forum the AMA announcements generally are in? I can follw the link to the thread but it doesn't tell which what forum it's in.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

It's the Board Business and Questions Forum.

new topics

top topics

join