It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music Exchange (inspired by raxoxane)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I've always been a fan of Tool and this is one of the lead singers side projects. Puscifer, the song potions is my favorite of Puscifer and although the video is strange (to be expected by Maynard) the song itself has a lot of depth.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Finally i get onto ATS,been not feeling well today so i stayed in bed most of the day.Very cool song Reldra,funky and dynamic,i like

Well death has been on my mind a lot today..at least the death of the physical body,because i don't believe one can really ever die.We lost a lot of amazingly talented artists this year,and also poor Chyna,who was only 45 yo,that really saddened me,she seemed,before her passing,to be suffering physically and mentally too,she seemed depressed and a bit lost.Not nice to see her like that,when i recall her strength and vibrant health when we watched her wrestling years ago.Also,there's been a murder in the town,and the murderer lives just a few hundred meters from us,someone who works at the same place my hubby does.My neighbour told my husband this morning,the murderer is the neighbour's best friend.And the victim was the grandfather of a good friend of my daughter,you know how it is in real small towns and rural places.

So this song is the one i put up today,because i love it-and because i believe that death is "fake" anyway,because only our physical conveyance on this planet,the body,dies.

edit on 24-4-2016 by Raxoxane because: grammar

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Let's keep this going because I love sharing music. The Headstones are a Canadian band with a 3 decade history of making amazing and incredible music. This one is one of their newer songs and one of my favorites. Most know their cover version of Tweeter and the Monkey Man. I saw them live a year and half ago and they killed it. Here is Long Way to Neverland. Enjoy ATSers.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

i thought we were switching videos got a hip hop one for me

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

I'm your huckleberry, RA the rugged man kills the second verse.

edit on 25-4-2016 by denybedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
21 Pilots anybody? This video is seriously cool and powerful. Chalk full of awesome this due brings a mix of hip hop , rock , and electronic together with some amazing results.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Very cool video - will have to check out some of their other stuff. Thanks for sharing.

In a totally different vein, here is one of my fave singers who I guess most people here do not know.

This vid has only 26k views which is criminal.

originally posted by: Joecanada11
21 Pilots anybody? This video is seriously cool and powerful. Chalk full of awesome this due brings a mix of hip hop , rock , and electronic together with some amazing results.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
I really like them [BVB] too.

I don't know if I 'really' like them. I appreciate their sound, but when I looked them up and how they present themselves I'm not as impressed. It seems like they are trying too hard to be edgy neo-KISS secular warriors. Whatever. I can listen to their music without looking at them or interpreting their supposed message. Hell, I'm a Rammstein fan as well. I don't need to know what they are a growling about in german. I just know that any metal song performed in german sounds much angrier

edit on 25-4-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Sorry guys, not going to stop posting The Mountain Goats

Originally from Bloomington, Indiana, but have been all over the place, John spent time in san bernardino, ca. I grew up in Bloomington, CA. fun fact, anyways this song reminds me so much of southern california. Oleander's lining all the roads and freeways.

"And so down the street you head in the high summer heat, white long sleeved oxford, pushed up to just before your elbows. . . "

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

Definitely like these guys. Here's another Headstones Song probably my favorite of theirs right now and I really think these guys are very underrated.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I dig it, any band with a mandolin is worth listening to. and that harmonica ain't shabby either

edit on 26-4-2016 by denybedoomed because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2016 by denybedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I've only had the chance to see them live once but they rocked. I'm hoping they do a tour again soon.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Since you like harmonica i thought you may like this little duo. I saw these guys in a tiny little club in Halifax with a friend of mine who used to work for muchmusic(Canadian mtv)anyways the guitar player Andrew white is absolutely incredible and Brendan Power is rated one of the very best harmonica players in the world and it's true. Enjoy.

edit on 26-4-2016 by Joecanada11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11
How's about some Decemberists?

Just heard this song again on an episode of The Office.

"by land, by sea, by dirigible"

edit on 27-4-2016 by denybedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11
Man, i wish i could play that freaking well. that was an awesome song. thanks, man.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

No worries when you said you like harmonica I had to share. Those two plays a couple of the best hours of music I have ever heard live.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Why is nobody replying. This is such a great idea. I'm going to keep it going.

Social Distortion baby !!!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Funny you should bring the decemberists lol. A friend of mine just introduced me to them a few weeks ago. I like them.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
A nice song for everyone who reads this thread,especially if you're moms
To all good and loving moms,thank you for your service-you are the pillar on which civilisation was founded,Respect

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The only style of music alive today that makes any sense to me is psy trance, especially darkpsy. No nonsense. No argument. No sentimentality. Just go.

edit on 12-5-2016 by MindFever22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2016 by MindFever22 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join