It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best Live Performance I've Watched. What's Yours ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The. Best. Wow, that is extremely difficult to winnow down. I have seen hundreds of concerts.

I think I'd have to say Stanley Jordan in 1991. You see guitarists and they are wonderful -- Michael Hedges love you man, wish you would have lived -- and you think to yourself, "I could do that, with practice." Lots of practice. I saw Stanley Jordan, and my Bride and me were just 20 feet away at a dinner club, and I just dropped my head. Hell no. I've NEVER going to be that good. EVER. NEVER.

When he played two guitars at one time and played both well, I knew I'd seen the best.

Everyone in the band was also awesome.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I think Black Rebel Motorcycle Club put on some great shows. I like that nthey can be nonchalant and energetic at times. The Entrance Band also are bomb live.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

Nice Alice in Chains would be amazing. One of my favorites for sure.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Hands down, Pink Floyd was the best concert I've ever been to... the visuals, the lasers, the lightshow, the pyrotechnics, the sound quality... and of course, the music.

I've been to well over 100+ concerts in my lifetime, and there's no doubt in my mind that Pink floyd are the true masters at putting on a theatrical extravaganza.

They make those IATSE union boys earn their days' pay setting up all that crazy equipment before each and every concert.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I haven't been to too many live shows, but my favorite has to be Tina Turner on the Private Dancer tour back in the 80s. I was also fortunate enough to see Stevie Ray Vaughan several times. He was a guitar genius .

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

They do put on an amazing show. I've seen them three times, with and without Waters. Incredible.
At the Oakland Colosseum the speakers were placed around the entire periphery around the oval of the top of the seating.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

I know, it's crazy right ?!

I can't even imagine what those guys have spent on equipment and all the peripherals over the decades.

But the sound quality at a Floyd concert is absolutely jaw dropping... it's like you're listening to their concert on a Pioneer stereo system with a pair of Grado headphones !

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The Rolling Stones Belle Vue Manchester the 70s goats head soup was the latest album

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: redchad

The stones did two shows in my city back 10 years ago. The set list was amazing and Jagger still had as much energy as a twenty year old. It was something else altogether.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

originally posted by: SlapTheGinkels

originally posted by: ugmold
a reply to: alldaylong
Tough one, I've seen so many great Shows, Iggy Pop with 6 people in the audience, Early Stray Cats, Pere Ubu, Ramones, Gun Club, Swans, Sonic Youth, Credence Clearwater Revival (1st Concert I ever saw) Rolling Stones....but a Band that packed a punch until the end and one of my fav's "The Cramps".

On one of their last Tours. Still f'ing kik'n.

The Cramps are still the best bands that I got to see live. I'm pretty jealous you got to see Gun Club live. They are one of my favorite bands of all time.

I saw the Gun Club maybe 4-5 times, usually with Nick Cave or the Cramps.
Here is a interesting Documentary on Jeffrey Lee Pierce: Ghost on a Highway
And here is Jeffrey as only he can be. lol

I have that Documentary, very good.. I have a friend that did some backing vocals for them.. I'm now wearing my Sex Beat shirt tonight. Ever heard of Poison 13? Another great band from that era with that killer blues punk rock n roll attitude.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

www.youtube.com...

edit on 24-4-2016 by SlapTheGinkels because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Pink Floyd 1987 Seattle WA in the Kingdome

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
SonVolt 2011, outdoor venue, small with families and kids and dogs and frisbee's, soccer games raging.

Other best?
Mark Knophler with Sonny Landreth at his A Night In London.
Cannibals &
Je Suis Désolé!s
32:50 mark.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 24-4-2016 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join