It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion doctors would lose medical licenses under new Oklahoma bill

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This is the quote from windword:

About 50% of sexually active women, using birth control, will experience a "surprise" pregnancy during their reproductive years.

it includes all women, using birth control, and covers the entire time that they are fertile... it doesn't cover weather or no they were using it correctly throughout all those years, just that they were using it. but who is 100% correct in anything for that many years? heck I bet most will screw up tying their shoe at least a few times in that amount of time!

If women always use the diaphragm as directed, 6 out of 100 will become pregnant each year.
If women don't always use the diaphragm as directed, 12 out of 100 will become pregnant each year.
- See more at: www.plannedparenthood.org...

EACH YEAR....

that's like saying that for 25-35 years, every women who is using this method is dropping their name into a hat and for every hundred names that is put in, 6-12 names are picked.

I also mentioned cost.. the more effective the method is, the more costly it is, and since they have to be using data that covers at least some women who have gone through their reproductive years, some options available today was not available in much of their years of fertility. for most of my years that I was fertile, insurance did not carry birth control, or I just wasn't insured. so, well, the diaphram would have been costly for me, and you can forget about anything like the IUD which carries a cost of over $500.

as far as the cdc fact goes, it could be very well accurate, as far as my life experience goes, it's wrong. I had two kids while using cheap crappy birth control methods.

So, personally responsibility...that's my point. There's no excuse in modern times (since I'm citing numbers from 2011) for women who do not want to get pregnant to find themselves in the terrible position of having to choose either keeping an unexpected/unwanted child, getting an abortion, or adopting out their baby.

and, I believe I've posted a few very good reasons why a person, heck maybe they even wanted another child, would chose to end their pregnancy. and, I've also shown how, in many hospitals that run on a policy much like this law, women's lives and well being are being put in jeopardy across this country.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I tried the link but it crashed my computer breitbart always crashed my computer too many ads, so I can not go to breitbart please don't post breitbart news

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: donald35353

I didn't... now sure what link you clicked but it sure as hell wasn't mine. I would never link that site.
Mine is to Reuters, you must have clicked the wrong post.

new topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join