It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Providence police officer charged with stealing coupons.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Not just stealing coupons but breaking an entering and stealing coupons/flyers.

Man, they must have been some EPIC discounts!

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This "couponing" thing is rampant. I've dated two women in the past year that make a lot of money doing this very thing--"procuring" coupons and then either making bulk purchases of the products advertised for resale, or selling the coupons themselves at a price cheaper than what would be paid for the newspaper in which they're supposed to be included.

Needless to say, my relationships with these "people" didn't last long. It doesn't surprise me that they caught a LEO doing it. I thought these women were trustworthy too.

Couponing-via-theft is all the rage with suburbanite soccer moms everywhere. I hope the investigation reveals who his "clients" are.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Lol how fun to see my old news! After living in Providence for 15 years, this doesn't surprise me at all. Wonder what he was teaching those kids after school? Hope it wasn't how to be a better thief, because he failed miserable. Shaking head, hmph Providence police...

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Great fodder for a Movie of the Week on something like Lifetime™..

Long camera shot of the prison 'yard'...

Convict #1: "I'm here for Murder, 2 counts, and Grand Larceny..."
Convict #2: "I'm here for burglary and rape.."
Convict #1: "We usually don't ask 'new fish' what they did but We heard You are a COP... We don't really like cops in here"
Convict #2: "Yeah, We usually make COPS our very own _itches, -itch... So what did You do -itch?"
New Convict Farrell: "I pissed My 19 year career and retirement away by stealing coupons to save .75¢ on milk..."
Convict #1: "Good, then You should be able to wash My underwear and clean My cell..."

Brain donor. Bye Bye retirement.. Probably should get some Life Insurance and probably a good dental plan..

Now as a retired cop Myself.. Anything I typed 'may' be construed as 'bias' so I'll refrain from a personal opinion, but this move was very 'ill advised'

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This is funny to me, some cops get away with kiling someone w/o so much as a slap on the wrist. This guy while he deserves what he gets cant get away with a petty crime.

new topics

top topics

join