It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory is that all aliens look a lot like homo sapiens

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Conspirologist

Interesting, you mean all alien sentient's, there are probably a great many chance's for humanoid life to arise so a fair point, not totally likely but possible.

It also depend's on the root species and how life has formed on a planet, imagine an insectoid race, super intelligent hive mind's compound eye's etc, or a world in which an arachnid race became sentient, insect type creatures dominated and other forms could not establish an ecological niche.

Then again just as other's pointed out they may live in ocean's, be intelligence but just not like us, are dolphin's the other sentient race on the planet?.
Octopus are clever, given the right condition's they could have adapted to life in land and if there brain's continued to develop instead of opposable thumbs prehensile boneless tenticles could do every thing out hand's can and in some cases more?.

More limb's (biped is not the only way to go), ocean world sentience, Hive mind's insect or similar, Boneless invertabrates etc.

There is a field called Xenobiology which is the study or rather Theoretical study of alien life, it IS regarded as a valid science but is purely theoretical though many of there hypothesis on how life could form are based on the study of terrestrial life and how life form's could have achieved sentience if this or that factor had been different in the past.

Then again maybe there have been alien's right here, other species of humanoid's that lived before us.

Of course from fossil's we have no evidence (or have we footprint's, strange out of place artifacts etc), or rather no accepted evidence of previous humanoid life (Assuming we are not a bunch of aliens?) but according to evolutionists the Rhino has evolved and gone extinct several time's since the end of the dinosaur's so why not human's.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
If not for Octopods and their capabilities I'd agree. I don't think our for is the only possible outcome for success.

Agreed, psmag.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I agree with you for different reasons. Setting aside technological intelligences, if we met 'biological aliens' in our neighbourhood, I believe they'd be humanoid in shape.

So let's hear your different reasons!

Thanks,

Kev

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

originally posted by: intrptr

a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Some think that Dolphins may be as intelligent as humans.

They look NOTHING like us.

The hell. They have two eyes, limbs, a brain, organs, all the same. They pump red blood in their veins, digest food, crap and breathe air, just like us.

They share 9o something percent of our genes.

The post was about phenotype not genotype.

All within the goldilocks zone, on any pale blue dot, wherever they may be found.

No.

Life could evolve without water, making the goldilocks zone irrelevant.

This human fixation on the human form is just silly.

Kev

Okay so difference of opinion, I believe life was brought here, you believe in life from lifelessness?

Bipedalism isn't silly, its the predominant life form.

Not just in land animals. Birds and fish have left right (appendages) wings, fins, ribs, brains, eyes, nostrils…

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

They look NOTHING like us.

The hell. They have two eyes, limbs, a brain, organs, all the same. They pump red blood in their veins, digest food, crap and breathe air, just like us.

They share 9o something percent of our genes.

The post was about phenotype not genotype.

All within the goldilocks zone, on any pale blue dot, wherever they may be found.

No.

Life could evolve without water, making the goldilocks zone irrelevant.

This human fixation on the human form is just silly.

Kev

Okay so difference of opinion, I believe life was brought here, you believe in life from lifelessness?

Bipedalism isn't silly, its the predominant life form.

Not just in land animals. Birds and fish have left right (appendages) wings, fins, ribs, brains, eyes, nostrils…

What I believe about the origin of life is a little complicated.

But there is dead zero evidence that life was brought here.

And, by the numbers, insects are the most dominant life-form by all metrics.

If you take faith and wishful thinking our of the picture, there is no basis for what
the OP is suggesting, as proven by life on Earth itself.

Kev

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

What I believe about the origin of life is a little complicated.

I know you have had 'encounters', I respect that.

But there is dead zero evidence that life was brought here.

Or that life arose from lifelessness.

And, by the numbers, insects are the most dominant life-form by all metrics.

Wasn't talking numbers, by that standard bacteria rule…

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

It would depend on a lot of factors I would imagine, the best theory I have heard on why humans are so intelligent is down to our hands and bipedal height. We were so successful on plains and grassland with our superior stamina, excellent vision and ability to use tools that we had plenty of time for recreation. I can imagine in the early days of human success the more skilled at the likes of cave painting and tool making would have had better reproductive capability and all round better life than his fellow primitive man, this would be basically genetic mutation through selective breeding.

That is how we got here, jury is out on how aliens got to intelligence and if intelligent life exists elsewhere.

Our first experience of aliens might be of the fungal type variety that has it's origins on a planet that only ever developed two main species, the host and the parasite. The host being a fungus type creature that was so successful it covers every inch of it's planet and eating the planet leaving certain elements in abundance under it's mossy belly. The parasitic organism eats it's way through the host vertically until it reaches maturity, that is hit all those elements under the hosts belly and slowly begins sucking up the elements to make a shell or two at the top of it's body where most of the mass is. Once completed these "bullets" are shot up into the atmosphere using pressure from the decaying parent body, this projects the bullet hopefully somewhere else with a thicker host and more elements but sometimes they leave orbit and sometimes they seed other planets.

Just a thought...

An Intelligent life form might not have a brain but use each cells individual nucleus as mini brains and each cell given time can change it's form and take on extra elements or shred them basically changing it's composition entirely. This blob of cells would be so intelligent it negates our idea of intelligence. It simply develops sensors and finds what it needs, builds itself into a vehicle and travels to absorb what it desires. No need for technology at all.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
I've always wondered about the diversity of planets with possible life. Do they have 26 billion species? Do they have bugs? Pets? How different to the beings look from one another?
Inquiring minds want to know…

As above, so below.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Hi Kelly,

I don't mean to intrude or derail but you seem to know some things about animal intelligence... so, outside of the obvious "dolphins don't write books or use advanced technology to survive" (cause maybe they don't need to in order to survive?), I did hear the other day that humans are the only species on the planet earth to cook their food. For some reason that stuck with me. In the same way that Dolphins might not need poetry and tools to survive, they also don't need to cook their food... along with every other living species on the planet earth. Except humans.

Wow! What do you think it means? Not saying that humans are more intelligent, but our needs are clearly... unearthly? Or just... different from earthly beings?

Which does tie into the OP. I absolutely think aliens are humans... not just because of the way they look, that doesn't even matter. There's something else far trickier going on here!

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

All species are a bit inbred, and this can cause positive or negative mutations, but the end results could vary..
This could lead (or not) to totally different looking creatures.. even among our own species..

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I disagree.
We are a product of our environment and genetics. The genetics and environment of an alien race would be completely different to our own.

The logical conclusion that an alien species would be different to us can be seen on our own Earth. If our physical appearance is entirely the result of the environment we are in and not at all related to genetics and species variation, every animal on this Earth would look the same, including us.

We see massive variations from species to species just on this planet, and some species (such as fish) are actually completely different from other members of what we consider to be their species too. Did you know there is no such thing as "Fish"? From a purely genetic standpoint one variation of fish is as different from the other as we are to bats or earthworms.

Now, it can be argued that a species more likely to evolve to the point of being able to travel through space would need opposable thumbs, long limbs and (of course) superior intelligence, but I don't think this is proof that they would "look like us" at all.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise

Hi Kelly,

I don't mean to intrude or derail but you seem to know some things about animal intelligence... so, outside of the obvious "dolphins don't write books or use advanced technology to survive" (cause maybe they don't need to in order to survive?), I did hear the other day that humans are the only species on the planet earth to cook their food. For some reason that stuck with me. In the same way that Dolphins might not need poetry and tools to survive, they also don't need to cook their food... along with every other living species on the planet earth. Except humans.

Wow! What do you think it means? Not saying that humans are more intelligent, but our needs are clearly... unearthly? Or just... different from earthly beings?

Which does tie into the OP. I absolutely think aliens are humans... not just because of the way they look, that doesn't even matter. There's something else far trickier going on here!

Humans ARE interesting animals.

Humans and tools go WAY back... and we have crazy overblown imaginations.

But a variety of animals use tools, and elephants at least seem to comprehend death,
so they seem to have imaginations too.

Humans aren't *THAT* special. What we mostly are, is mentally disturbed and destructive.

As for trickier?

Yes, I believe (and here's where I go off the deep end) that humans co-evolved with
another species on this planet.. of dark plasma lifeforms, which inhabit our bodies
rather like benign stomach bacteria.

It's this pressure from the critters living with us, that in part has caused us to be
what we are.

So you see?

I'm not just a skeptic.. I'm an off the deep end skeptic.. but off the deep end
with my own original research.. I don't buy all the incorrect/failed disinformation
that has flooded our culture from the 1%. (no aliens visiting us, etc.).

Kev

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Here is a video most believe is fake, some believe it is genuine but remember the blair witch movie and how this type of video was popular for a time so probably fake but cool nevertheless, shooting the poor little guy though, take to stand trial for murder and probably dumped out of the airlock.

Seriously THIS IS A HOAX, at the end of the full movie it ask's if you have seen these people to please contact the Producers, which is the video itself admitting it is a hoax, but enjoy for a laugh, think Blair Witch but one that flopped?.

Humanoid but not Human even if real.

But my firm belief is this is a total fake, a very good one and the experts in the first video were probably a promotional stunt or advert to try to sell the full video but once again WHAT IF I AM WRONG?.

Source Youtube.
And the best hoax I have seen, bet those kid's really enjoyed dressing up in those fake alien outfit's.

thetruthbehindthescenes.wordpress.com...

edit on 23-4-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

If ‘biological aliens’ landed in our neighbourhood they’d be travelling in a vehicle. It wouldn’t be constructed of volatile elements like magnesium or soft metals like lead. For structural integrity etc it’d be composed, by necessity, of certain metals and alloys. For the builders of the vessel, they’d have passed through the same stages as we have with regards to hammers, bolts, welds and screws. Fair enough, we can imagine some advanced materials, but they would have had their own Stone Age before any of it.

The early stages of technology will be convergent across all worlds imo. For example, a hammer stone won’t be any different elsewhere and neither will cutting edges. These are the basic steps any technological species would have to pass through. There’s no other way for a being to hammer stuff, cut things or fix two items together (lashed, bonded or fixed with bolts and pegs).

They couldn’t have gotten round to building space-faring structures without first being able to smelt metals. To get to smelting metals, they’d need to have origins on a planet or moon that had copper, iron and so forth at an accessible depth of their world’s crust. They’d need a breathable atmosphere that was able to sustain controlled fire.

If we listen to anthropologists and geneticists, our own success has been helped by us being intelligent, predatory (aggressive) and highly social. Our speculative aliens would have arrived at the point of smelting due to similar environmental conditions. They would have needed to be social, predatory and able to adapt to, and change, their environment.

To get to the state of industrial technology would also require global trade infrastructure, academic institutions, buildings and multi-media. Generations of social, cultural and biological evolution would need to have occurred.

Is there a more efficient physical template than upright and bipedal to accomplish these things?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

There could be dozens of forms that are equal in utility but quite different.

Nature has a much more vast imagination than we do. (just look around you)

Of course I understand your reasoning.. I don't think it goes quite far enough..
but it certainly contains elements of truth.

Kev

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I think there is a high chance that aliens could be airborne, large birds which can fly. If you have a higher oxygen content in the air then it creates thermal currents which help support larger creatures remain in flight, so it's possible on an alien world. Their talons of course would be hands for building things.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

So everyone in the universe looks similar because we live on round planets?

Right.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Yet they have no technological civilisation. Their physiology being a quite large obstacle of such a thing, surely?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
To the OP:
You say look like "Homo Sapiens", do you mean they all look Human or that the humanoid(bipedal,two arms/legs...etc) form is the best and most effective?

I agree with you if it's the second part. Every species that people have encountered so far(Greys,Nordics,Mantids,Reptilians...etc)has mostly followed the humanoid outline. Dolphins and Cephalopods may be intelligent but I don't see them forming space based civilizations any time soon.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Conspirologist
Here is my theory on aliens being physically like all homo sapins on earth. Humans live on a round planet and are conscious beings. We have our anatomy geometrically rational and symmetrical. There are no exeptions on our planet that would prove otherwise. If we know that all other planets are round also, and that consciousness is synonim of rational mind in rational body, which allows our species to progress and evolve, then it is rational to presume that all other alien species born on other round planets also have rational minds in rational bodies. I want to keep this theory clean and simple. Let's see how many are agree with this theory.

If you are implying that humans are the epitome of evolution then you are sadly mistaken.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join