It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The over medication of children and teenagers (my story)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad
a reply to: RobDaSlob

He is actually pretty accurate. SSRIs are antidepressants but also help your body aboard the chemicals it creates as well, rather than flushing them out. I was put on Celexa In 2004 while in a testing phase. In 2010 a lawsuit was filed against the maker for mishandling their product labels. Fun fact, you aren't supposed to put children on Celexa. Minimum age is 24.... I was 14. There is some truth to what he was saying.

I don't disagree, but regardless, it is an anti depressant. Look at, for example, Prozac. A well known anti depressant. It is an SSRI. The mixed up info he was giving, is why children are put on these horrid things at 14. Or younger. Or their pet dog. A complete lack of innate ability to diagnose, yet are freely handing out advice with the proviso that they are a professional in the field.

Even doctors do it, and they ARE trained adequately. There needs to be a complete reform of the medical profession related to this topic. Too many people handing out lacking information or ambiguous information or as here, both, by an unqualified 'professional' on an internet forum.

I've been on and off SSRIs, SNRIs, MAOIs, TCAs, and TeCAs since 1997. I have not had a single one work effectively without severe negative side effects. I stopped Pristiq a few weeks ago, and it's still kicking me down.

I'm glad you've pulled through though. I don't want my interruption to your thread to imply I am not.

All I know is it always returns, deeper and bleaker than before, and you suddenly find yourself in that darkness that covers your entire soul..

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RobDaSlob

I had no doubt you had viable info, I just wanted to point out that he was also correct. Psychological study is in it's newer phase. It hasn't blossomed and that is important for patients to recognize. Doctors are not god and everyone reacts differently. Because of my experience, for many years, I was emotionally stunted. I could not feel feelings unless I was extremely intoxicated. When I did begin to feel feelings again it was horrific... think going through puberty but x10. I feel ya on the returning portion. It is a bitch. When you think you cant go deeper, it pulls you in and suffocates you. I am sorry that you went through similar, if you ever need to reach out, I am here.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

I am sorry that this happened to you. People like to hold it over your head as if you have done everyone wrong by being put in a situation beyond your control and it isn't right. That speaks way more about their character than yours. Remember that.

<< 1  2   >>

join