It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out with the old, in with the new

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Hello ATS!

It has been a while since I participated in the threads here, I needed to take a bit of a breather and learn how to better handle devoutly partisan members/mods. I quit posting nearly a year ago, but have been reading almost daily.

Leaving ATS was one of the best things that I ever did. Posting as regularly as I used to, I never had the chance to allow my mind and my thoughts to evolve, my opinion was already made up. Taking a step back and reading instead of interjecting has allowed me to view subjects more broadly, while I still lean one way or another, my overall view of things, especially politics, is more rounded… Perhaps I was one of the partisan people I was so sick of!

While I wish not to disclose my old username as I feel it no longer reflects who I am, I would like to tell you a bit about myself.

I am a SX/EW operator. I run a plant in AZ where we mine copper by leaching ore with sulfuric acid, then plate the solvent mixture onto cathodes via electrolysis, creating 80-140lb plates of 99.999% pure copper.

I studied chemistry at Northern Arizona University, and metallurgy at the University of Arizona.

In my free time I enjoy reading, playing video games, tinkering with nearly anything I can get my hands on ( I love other people’s trash!!), competitive shooting, lapidary/silver smithing, reloading, and playing bar games.

I look forward to once again participating on this site and with its members in a more positive and productive manner.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: C8H10N4O2

Welcome back, of course I don't need to remind you that the Status Quo is much the same.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Haha no, no you don't. Like I said, I was still reading

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Welcome back with you cool avatar.. Peace..

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
C8H10N4O2,

Greetings Traveler. We weren't expecting you for another six weeks. Take this,

Its good forever.

Kallisti

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

I already have 6 of those in my wallet, but they say 7 is a lucky number, so thanks!

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hello and welcome back!

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I'm fairly new but welcome back!
Hope you stay a while

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

Thanks, I hope you stay a while too

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

While I wish not to disclose my old username as I feel it no longer reflects who I am...

Obviously you do, or you wouldn't have gone down that path...

Tell ya' what champ, give up the past tense and I'll do the same. Quite a few of us have been there and back, so spill the beans and I'll follow suit.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

G'day from Oz

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

you are mistaken.

I meant exactly what i said..

top topics

join