It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 500 pounds of explosives stolen from train

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

Federal law enforcement investigators are searching in at least three states for more than 500 pounds of explosives stolen from a CSX train, CBS News has learned.

CBS News Justice Department and Homeland Security correspondent Jeff Pegues reported a law enforcement source says the amount stolen has authorities concerned that the explosives could fall into the wrong hands.

Sources say the theft was reported two days ago but the case has not yet gone public. The ATF is considering putting out an advisory and announcing an reward in the coming days.

The CSX train was traveling from Chicago through Ohio en route to Detroit. Somewhere along the way, investigators believe the explosives were stolen. According to a law enforcement source, when the train car of explosives arrived in Detroit, half of the shipment was gone.

I put this under political madness because I do not see how this could happen with something that I would presume to be guarded. Unless they LET them steal the stuff. We all know that certain abc agencies would allow this to happen.

iTruthSeeker
edit on 22-4-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: fix/add

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Oh jeez.

I'm about to take a train across country too.

This isn't good.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Oh jeez.

I'm about to take a train across country too.

This isn't good.

I don't think it has anything to do with bombing a train, just that it was stolen from one. You should be okay I would think.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
500 plus pounds huh?? That was 'about' how much these guys had. hmmm

www.lostscribemedia.com...

www.fromthewilderness.com...

www.rense.com...

Sorry for the 'garble' but the info is in there...

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Okay I am sorry I screwed up.... It was 500lbs of commercial fireworks. Which still could be dangerous but I am guilty of not reading the entire article.

iTruthSeeker
edit on 22-4-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
Okay I am sorry I screwed up.... It was 500lbs of commercial fireworks. Which still could be dangerous but I am guilty of not reading the entire article. Mods remove.

iTruthSeeker

WHAT? Look at "fireworks used as weapons" I'll list 3 of 541,000 items.

Remember I posted about the "Israeli Art students" up above: www.israelnationalnews.com...

and:www.citynews.ca...

and: www.popcenter.org...

Remember "Where there is a will, there is a way"

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Someone, somewhere, is going to be having one hell of a July 4th. Whether it's a display of lights in the sky or a padding of their bank accounts after selling them, there'll be a celebration somehow...

edit on 4/22/2016 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Okay I am sorry I screwed up.... It was 500lbs of commercial fireworks. Which still could be dangerous but I am guilty of not reading the entire article. Mods remove.

iTruthSeeker

Remember I posted about the "Israeli Art students" up above: www.israelnationalnews.com...

I see.. Thanks for the links I did not see this before. I was assuming at first it was demolition type explosives but yea this is still a big deal.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Interesting, they inspect your baby's diapers and feel you up at the airport..catching no one and nothing, yet let explosives be stolen. It's all a scam.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I apologize if My "what" came across in a LOUD way but You 'may' be onto something and I'd think a Self who took the nom de plume "Truth Seeker" wouldn't give up the ship so easily..

Have You also noticed in Your 'seeking' that if You don't use a lot of time in thinking if it is "right/wrong' that You get a whole bunch more info in a shorter bit of time??...

Lets play our own version of the game 'Clue'.. My guess is these guys will get pinched because they get caught smoking an ignited cigarette/cigar within 75' of a Firework Stand somewhere South... I'll pick AlaBAMa.. Or they blow up their hand and are forever called 'Lefty'..

Keep Seeking and don't let any detractors take You off Your game

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

iTruthSeeker

I see.. Thanks for the links I did not see this before. I was assuming at first it was demolition type explosives but yea this is still a big deal.

iTruthSeeker

Heck yea, here's something I just found to give an idea of what 500lb of fireworks can do.

and a 1,000 pounder, the one comment this vid received made the evil side of me laugh

edit on 22-4-2016 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Interesting, they inspect your baby's diapers and feel you up at the airport..catching no one and nothing, yet let explosives be stolen. It's all a scam.

What exactly is the scam here? You, frankly, have no clue what you are talking about. Railroads ship much more volatile substances than fireworks every day in 100 car trains. The last domestic terrorist attack on a train in the US was in the early 90's involving an Amtrak train. Someone with knowledge of rail infrastructure tampered with track over a bridge causing a derailment.

There are accidents nearly every day, yet transporting hazardous materials by rail is and will continue to be the safest method of transversing the continent. Were anyone to tamper with a placarded hazmat shipment, it would be noticed by the transporting railroad. We ship everything from crude oil to various poisons to acid and even radioactive material every day.

You are implying a lack of safety when the exact opposite is true. Every railroad is intimately involved with TSA and receives sensitive briefings weekly on any security or terrorist alerts. The most recent actually did talk about the possibility of terrorism involving rail infrastructure and had to cite examples from war torn areas such as Syria in order to reference actual incidents which were relevant and could be learned from as far as prevention.

Believe me, a train of crude oil is an accident waiting to happen. The reason they happen so rarely is because of training, a dedication to safety and vigilance. Whether I am moving potatoes or tank cars labeled as a hazardous material shipment, I promise you that you are safe.

That said, terrorists have a juicy target were they not so obsessed with blowing up airliners.

Source of my knowledge? I am Director of Operations for a nameless freight railroad.
edit on 22-4-2016 by derSteppenwolf because: Clarification

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
These were aerial shells. Paper wrapped 5-8"" spheres with a small central charge and a lot of incendiaries (flares) and reports.
They are fired out of mortars. The most explosive are the mortar charges that shoot them out, but are never shipped with the shells. They did not say if they stole any of those types of charges. The mortar charges are custom to the show, with many strengths to get the desired altitude of the shells. They are assembled on the firing line and plugged in to a firing sequencer.

The shells are more dangerous as incendiaries than they are as explosive rounds. You can imagine what you see in the sky blowing up on the ground. Big fire starter for sure.
edit on 22-4-2016 by charlyv because: content

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
There are trucks full of explosives on the highways every day, you just don't know what to look for.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

There are trucks full of explosives on the highways every day, you just don't know what to look for.
Well, legally, there's this:

Vehicle Signs: Every vehicle transporting explosives shall be marked or placarded on both sides front and rear in accordance with the requirements of DOT 49CFR

edit on 4/22/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Vehicle Signs: Every vehicle transporting explosives shall be marked or placarded on both sides front and rear in accordance with the requirements of DOT 49CFR

But so few people pay attention to them.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

The people who matter do.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99
Good point.
You can make a very destructive bomb with sparklers.
The Boston Marathon bombs were constructed using fireworks components in pressure cookers.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Most people don't even know what the placards mean. They are there purely for the people transporting and handling the goods and so emergency responders know what they are dealing with. They've got to withstand certain temperature fires for a certain time by law and withstand corrosion in submerged waters for x amount of time also.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Huh. I find placards that say "Explosives!" to be quite attention grabbing. Maybe that's just me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join