It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fraud, Scam and theft alert. Please read!

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Since I'm not finding a consumer fraud forum, I'll post this information here.

This started on April 18th 2016

Please read: Fraud warning scam

Company name: API Recovery Solutions
Address: 3840 e. Robinson rd
Suite 324, Amherst, ny 14228
Phone: 1-844-820-5020 (they have caller ID and this is a charge back number, you will be charge if you call it)

This company is NOT a collections company. They are not licensed to do any business in any state. They are in the business to steal your cash by misleading you with faults information and scare tactics of law suites.

If anyone of your friends or family members receive a call from them (or any type of call) stating they are looking for (family or friends name here) regarding a debt, just stay "you have the wrong number and hang up" or "yeah, it's about time you called me. I need your help in collecting money from this guy that refuses to pay me?"

[I have investigated and questioned this company from day one. Laws states that no collection agency can call anyone except to whom they are trying to reach directly. I have also filed fraud alert with buffalo NY consumer fraud department]

Pass this notice to all your Facebook friends and family as a friendly reminder of fraud and theft alert.

[they never received anything from me, except and ear full of bad words]

Oh, their address is a P.O. Box at a UPS store. Please, go out and buy a pre-stamped post card. They are .25 and start sending them a butt load of mail to them with the word "thieves" or anything else you wish to add.

Enjoy your day.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Famouszor

Good work, somebody on the alert!

We had scanner scammers work the local Tesco hole in the wall over night, but the CCTV got their reg and description so there is a good chance they will be 'catched'
edit on 21-4-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Been receiving all kinds of scam calls several per day, very unusual. One is the fake IRS. Wonder why the sudden increase.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Famouszor
Laws states that no collection agency can call anyone except to whom they are trying to reach directly.

this isnt true,

i used to work as a collector for wells fargo, anytime you provide a phone number when getting a loan, or a bank account, or a mortgage, or a car, or ANYTHING finance related, even the "reference" phone numbers such as friends and family, all of the numbers you put down on those papers will be added to a national database tied to your SSN, at wells fargo when trying to reach people in debt if the number the registered on their account was invalid we had permission to plug their SSN into this database that ALL collection companies have access to, and we would see long lists of numbers for everything they've ever filled out, we were then allowed to call EVERY NUMBER we found until we reached the debtor, for everyone that answered we could only say is __ available, if they ask who we are we could say we are wells fargo trying to reach __ with important information, are they available/are you them? if we received any response other then a "yes i am them" then we call the next number in the list.

when we finally do reach the person, and they say yes i am them, that is when if they hang up we cannot call again for 7 days.

also, whenever you get a call from a suspicious phone number, just google it, theres always a wealth of info out there people just like the OP here who go online to report these things, though usualy on sites designated for it rather then conspiracy discussion websites, lol

lmgtfy.com...
edit on 4/21/16 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Ah, yet another scam. There seem to be a lot that claim to be collecting for this or that company. Simplest way to be sure; if you get a call from some claimed collections agency, they must tell you for whom they are collecting. Contacting that business directly will give you accurate information on what, if anything, you owe them.

I had an issue once, some place got names and cell hone numbers, and was calling my cell, asking for me by name, but would not state for whom they called. They just wanted all my data. Couldn't even verify a street address, or anything. Bizarre, and nothing outstanding at the time, either. Ended up blocking the number to get that one stopped.

Real collection agencies send paperwork; they don't just call. Be careful, people! If you have ANY doubt, don't give them anything.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Mah telephone number is 1-800-867-5309. They can call me all they want.

I like phone calls.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Jenny? Is that you?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
In my state, they are not allowed to call any family member, friend, work and state "we are looking for "your name here" this is regarding a debt that is going into mitigation and to stop this from happening, they must return our call within 24hrs.

And in buffalo NY is also not allowed too.

It's called a threat call to get the family member worried and therefore pass on the message.

(So my statment stands true. As does you response)

[not sure why I did not add this to my story? Brain fog.. Thinking to much?]

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye

Laws states that no collection agency can call anyone except to whom they are trying to reach directly.

this isnt true,

i used to work as a collector for wells fargo, anytime you provide a phone number when getting a loan, or a bank account, or a mortgage, or a car, or ANYTHING finance related, even the "reference" phone numbers such as friends and family, all of the numbers you put down on those papers will be added to a national database tied to your SSN, at wells fargo when trying to reach people in debt if the number the registered on their account was invalid we had permission to plug their SSN into this database that ALL collection companies have access to, and we would see long lists of numbers for everything they've ever filled out, we were then allowed to call EVERY NUMBER we found until we reached the debtor, for everyone that answered we could only say is __ available, if they ask who we are we could say we are wells fargo trying to reach __ with important information, are they available/are you them? if we received any response other then a "yes i am them" then we call the next number in the list.

when we finally do reach the person, and they say yes i am them, that is when if they hang up we cannot call again for 7 days.

also, whenever you get a call from a suspicious phone number, just google it, theres always a wealth of info out there people just like the OP here who go online to report these things, though usualy on sites designated for it rather then conspiracy discussion websites, lol

lmgtfy.com...

edit on 22-4-2016 by Famouszor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Why yes, yes it is!

Now if you would so be so kind as to hold your credit card up close to your phone while reciting your bank routing number it would be appreciated. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

...not allowed to ... state ".this is regarding a debt."

this,

collectors can still call your friends family ANYONE if they just dont say this is regarding a debt, but can instead say "important information", as i phrased it, its all in the wording, also, these numbers they are calling YOU provided them when filing out financial information so they have on record in court YOUR will to allow those numbers to be used to contact you, references count too.

what people dont realize is those numbers they provide (to almost all companies that do credit checks) are added to a national database that all other credit checking companies will be able to see.

searching this database is easy, you need only a couple things, an SSN being the easiest way to search it, but it can also be searched with just a first and last name adding in any prior phone number to narrow down the results and turn up any person in the nation who has submitted that name plus prior phone number to a profile for anything financial related.

though i will admit there are many collectors who will say to friends and family the words "this is regarding a debt" and they are usually told to avoid those words though until they confirm its you on the phone. even where i use to work they made it clear to just avoid the word debt or any details until confirming it is you on the phone. yet still i heard many coworkers saying it just as you said it,

the only way you could hold it against them is if you recorded it,

sure they record their calls but are totally allowed to have "accidentally" deleted that recording when inquires are made to it.

new topics

top topics

join