It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated

Have any of y'all watched this with your kids? Or for yourself? My kids love it, and it was a nice break from the original Scooby Doo. It has a lot for the adults stuck watching.

There is a lot of conspiracy fringe subject matter. Zecharia Sitchin and his Nibiru make a a HUGE appearance in the series. I thought it was great! They only did 2 seasons, and my kids (and I) were super bummed. Guess it was over the head of too many kids

If you have kids that are scared easily, may not be the best for them. But then again, mine can get scared by a little person dressed as ghost, but they did fine with this show.
edit on 21-4-2016 by chelsdh because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2016 by chelsdh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Like, there's no content in your thread!

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
NOTICE: AboveTopSecret.com management is now enforcing new standards for the opening posts of threads.

Opening posts that contain minimal content, links with little or no explanation, YouTube videos with no commentary, images with little or no commentary, and similar nominal content may be removed without warning or explanation. If your topic is important to you, make sure you explain why, with links and supporting material so that our members may offer more relevant contributions, and ultimately, better threads. In fact, if you have less to say than this simple notice, then you probably do not have enough to start a new thread. Thank you for your assistance in helping to create great threads on ATS.

When you click this form-field, this message will disappear.

This is mysterious.
I think it was ole Mr. Jenkins (wearing a rubber mask, of course.)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
Like, there's no content in your thread!

Shaggy!
I hope you had a happy 4/20 yesterday!

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

got a little trigger happy

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

NOTICE: AboveTopSecret.com management is now enforcing new standards for the opening posts of threads.

Opening posts that contain minimal content, links with little or no explanation, YouTube videos with no commentary, images with little or no commentary, and similar nominal content may be removed without warning or explanation. If your topic is important to you, make sure you explain why, with links and supporting material so that our members may offer more relevant contributions, and ultimately, better threads. In fact, if you have less to say than this simple notice, then you probably do not have enough to start a new thread. Thank you for your assistance in helping to create great threads on ATS.

When you click this form-field, this message will disappear.

I have not watched it yet.
But now, since you have alerted me to it, I guess that I will have to check it out!

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

It is on Netflix. We have watched the series 3 times. And it hasn't gotten old yet. Unlike the creepy movie version of Thumbelina that my 4 year old loves. It makes my skin crawl and I have banned it.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

You are NOT alone in your assessment of Thumbelina.
What were they thinking?

Have you seen this 1940s Disney Sleepy Hollow cartoon?

Many animators and cartoon producers agree it's one of the best cartoons ever produced. It's mildly scary, maybe a bit much for very small children.

There was a brief Golden Age of animation. Here' a 1940 cartoon from MGM. Incredible animation.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

The play by play of Thumbelina was too much! Lol. I found the Gilbert Godfried Beetle to be the most repulsive, and a big reason for my ban. Although, I'm not a feminist by current standards, I felt the whole movie to be horribly geared toward exaggerated gender roles. There's no way they'd get away with making that movie now!

On the other hand, I loved Sleepy Hollow as a kid. It was a staple in school during Halloween. I think I tried to have my girls watch it a couple years ago.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

How old is it?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace

Season 1 came out in 2010. The original air dates were April 2010-April 2013.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
My six year old has been watching it on Netflix. I've watched a little of it with him. I like the fact that the show seems to make fun of itself at times. Still doesn't beat Gravity Falls though.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace

Season 1 came out in 2010. The original air dates were April 2010-April 2013.

I didn't even know new ones are still being made!
I loved the old ones I watched as a kid. Wouldn't mind having them on dvd.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I think the intent was to run two seasons, which finished the story arc.

newer one now called 'Be Cool Scooby Doo', much lighter in tone, also good.

imho SD:MI is the greatest animated tv work ever. Almost as deep and good as BtVS. Great plots, great monsters, character exploration, all good, and fun. They managed to work a bunch of off-monsters (Hodag, Manticore, Krampus), parody/tributes (Humongunauts = Gargantuas, and a Twin Peaks homage), Vincent Price stuff, and an in-house ep wi Speed Buggy, Captain Caveman and the Funky Phantom, all wrapped around the overarching mystery of Crystal Cove and its origins.
I bought from Amazon. I highly recommend.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Great series.
My son and I watched it when it aired on Cartoon Network. He loved the episode with the Hex Girls. He used to sing the Phantzee Pants song about dancing in his pants for weeks after first seeing it.

Great series for those of us who grew up on the Doo.
I'm glad it ran its run and was done before it got too silly.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero
It is very self deprecating. But I also love so much how it has introduced my kids to the world of the unknown. They are fairly young, and so I don't expose them to a lot of my interests. But now they have a taste. And I think it's spurred a thirst for more. I grew up watching and reading about fringe subjects. But because I don't want scared kids wanting to sleep with me every night, they've been sheltered. However, that is changing. The oldest, 9, is starting to watch some programs with me. Checking out books about Atlantis. Stuff like that.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

a reply to: ElGoobero
It is very self deprecating. But I also love so much how it has introduced my kids to the world of the unknown. They are fairly young, and so I don't expose them to a lot of my interests. But now they have a taste. And I think it's spurred a thirst for more. I grew up watching and reading about fringe subjects. But because I don't want scared kids wanting to sleep with me every night, they've been sheltered. However, that is changing. The oldest, 9, is starting to watch some programs with me. Checking out books about Atlantis. Stuff like that.

Awesome to hear. Unfortunately, I don't have my kids except for visits anymore. But this series was awesome for exposing the kiddos to the supernatural. Glad yours are taking an interest in things that do not have definite answers.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Maybe you could make it a "movie night" during a visit?

top topics

join