It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence That The Maya Culture Visited Ancient Egypt?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AuntNancy
I know a little secret, it's about a merchant route that went all the way down to southafrica and then up to the ancient Mayans.. Don't tell anyone, shhh

whaaa ?

from south Africa...then up...as in...lifted up with an aircraft or what...because if you're in south Africa...and go up north...you'll end up where you started from, not anywhere near Mayans.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk
The Phoenicians, contrary to popular opinion, were mainly only active around the fertile crescent and Mediterranean
and without time travel, how do you suppose that they were in contact with say, the Sumerians, who had ceased to exist a thousand years before the Phoenician foundation, or any of the other hundreds of cultures which had vanished by that point ?

They used the same time machine the Mayans used several hundred years later to go back to Ancient Egypt

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AuntNancy
a reply to: Byrd

Maybe it was already a primitive society there from the Eurasian passage, the Egyptians used their culture and adapted basic astronomy, doesn't have to eat the whole culture like the Columbus rampage

The Mayas did not fall out of the trees and become Mayans. By the (speculated) time period (New Kingdom), the Mayan civilization was well underway.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Hey Harte Brien Forester's quite the man - head of something or another,
very important around Peru and Bolivia, makes nice drone HD videos with
flybys of the megalithic sites there.

According to main stream science, man has been around but a blip in
geological time, with Pangea occurring over 500 million years ago.
There is evidence man has been around even before the last ice age,
maybe up to 450,000 years in the past he had towns and communities.
Of course this information has been suppressed and the
archeologist lost her job.

edit on 22-4-2016 by Drawsoho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drawsoho

There is evidence man has been around even before the last ice age, maybe up to 450,000 years in the past he had towns and communities. Of course this information has been suppressed and the archeologist lost her job.

Well off course Humans have been around before the last ice age, matter of fact perhaps more than a couple of ice ages, but when if that science lady said man 450,000 years in the past had towns and communities, then she deserved to be fired.

edit on 22-4-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

There is evidence man has been around even before the last ice age,
maybe up to 450,000 years in the past he had towns and communities.
Of course this information has been suppressed and the
archeologist lost her job.

Which archaeologist was this?

Humans (h. sapiens) have been around for about a million years, give or take. Other kinds of humans (Neanderthals, Australopithecus, etc) have been around for about 3 million years. (BTW, all the archaeologists I know of are pretty much aware of the 3 million year figure. There is evidence of campsites and of flint core manufacture that goes back at least 2 million years.)
edit on 22-4-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Australopithecus afferensis and Australopithecus africanis were NOT in ANY way modern humans…
The tools you reference from a couple million years ago are undoubtedly Homo Erectus… Also hardly in modern human…
Neanderthal evolution was a fairly recent haplotype that sprouted up less than half a million years ago… And died out as recently as 30K years ago.
I have 2.7% Neanderthal DNA...

Even if I were to cede that homo Neanderthalis and homo heidelbergensis were/are modern hominids there is still zero evidence either built communities, let alone civilizations...

****pardon spelling and grammatical errors as the iPad can't understand my Texas accent and I have no desire to edit this

-Chrisosterone

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

Australopithecus afferensis and Australopithecus africanis were NOT in ANY way modern humans…

True... nor was archaic h. sapiens in any way modern h.sapiens. But the point I was making is that we don't know any reliable reports of any anthropologist being fired for saying humans were 450,000 years old (particularly since we have some h. sap. skeletons in that range.

But they were human.

The tools you reference from a couple million years ago are undoubtedly Homo Erectus… Also hardly in modern human…
Neanderthal evolution was a fairly recent haplotype that sprouted up less than half a million years ago… And died out as recently as 30K years ago.

I was disappointed to find I only have 1% Neanderthal DNA.

Even if I were to cede that homo Neanderthalis and homo heidelbergensis were/are modern hominids there is still zero evidence either built communities, let alone civilizations...

They had cultures so there was community... but no civilizations until around 5,000 BC when we see very large numbers of people living in small areas.

****pardon spelling and grammatical errors as the iPad can't understand my Texas accent and I have no desire to edit this

-Chrisosterone

Androids like my Texas accent better.
Sometimes. For some words.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
If you want proof human footprints were found in
volcanic ash rock ask Mary Leaky about the 3.5 M yo
Laetoli ones. If you want a documentary about 450,000
yo communities of people watch this video:

www.youtube.com...

The Mayan language code was broken when that whiz kid genius
decoded and translated Mayan writing.

I suggest downloading the videos instead of watching in
a window or youtube using the 5 K player or DVDvideosoft,
which will download the youtube video to your computer.

edit on 23-4-2016 by Drawsoho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

FYI:
Very well put on each point...thoughtful and intriguing...people like u, phage, Harte, slayer69, Hanslune and others are why I come to ATS...

-Christosterome

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Laetoli ones.

Quite familiar with that one. They're not Homo Sapiens but they are humans.

If you want a documentary about 450,000

www.youtube.com...

is there a website that summarizes this?

Which person is this?

I suggest downloading the videos instead of watching in
a window or youtube using the 5 K player or DVDvideosoft,
which will download the youtube video to your computer.

Our brains are hardwired to believe anything we think we see... which is why stage magic looks like real magic to us. Is there a written web page with these claims so we can see spelling and references (rather than stopping the video a zillion times to check what we heard?)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Our brains are hardwired to believe anything we think we see... which is why stage magic looks like real magic to us. Is there a written web page with these claims so we can see spelling and references (rather than stopping the video a zillion times to check what we heard?)

Reading is hard.
Movies are better.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Laetoli ones.

Quite familiar with that one. They're not Homo Sapiens but they are humans.

If you want a documentary about 450,000

www.youtube.com...

is there a website that summarizes this?

From the synopsis at youtube:

Published on Aug 30, 2012

From the EMMY AWARD WINNING Producers of "The Mystery of the Sphinx" and the Producers of "The Mysterious Origins of Man" comes a new ground breaking film about "New Evidence of Early Man: SUPPRESSED." What happens when scientific evidence conflicts with theory? In the early sixties, discoveries were made in Central Mexico, which were the handiwork of early man. Exquisitely carved animal bones and advanced spear points caused much excitement, including a Life Magazine article, until the dates came in. 5 mutually exclusive geological tests revealed they were over 250,000 years old. In spite of the geochronology, archaeologists insisted the dates were too ridiculously old. This world-class archaeological region became off-limits for official research, a "professional forbidden zone."

It's a rehash of Hueyatlaco, which was already done to death in the other two crockumentaries in the quote.

So it starts out with a lie, that this is something "new."

Supporting link.

Anybody interested has already read the devastating criticisms of "The Mysterious Origins of Man" hogwash at Talk Origins. If not, follow the links in that article until you're sick of being treated like an idiot by Cremo.

Additionally, Steen-McIntyre's career was unaffected by the dating of this site, regardless of the claims of college dropout turned Hari Krishna turned Hindu creationist Michael Cremo.

originally posted by: Byrd

Which person is this?

Rather passive-agressive for you, Byrd. Laying traps?
I mean you already know the poster has no idea what he's talking about concerning the translation of Maya glyphs, and that no "whiz kid" was involved.

Harte

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

There is a 3.4 MA site, Dikika Ethiopia, where clear evidence of Australopithecines use of tools is present. This is 800 KA before H. Habilis were making their own lithics. The lithic tools were not found but very prominent cut marks and percussion marks on Bovid bones. A rib from a larger cow sized Bovid and a smaller, goat sized bovid femur had clear, concise indication of defleshing meat from the bone with a sharp edged tool. This tells us two important things, that A. Afarensis was creating lithics and that they were definitely eating meat. The percussion marks were likely to gain access to the marrow.

There are a few different phases of Neanderthal. The transition from Heidelbergensis to HN took place over a few 100 KA. At Sima De Los Huesos in Northerm Spain for example, we see people who exhibited morphological features of both Heidelbergensis and HN but much more archaic than what would be considered "classic" Neanderthal at 530 KA. "Classic" Neamderthal were in full effect 250-300 KA and by 130 KA we see a more modern for lack of a better word, Neanderthal which is essentially what everyone thinks of or pictures in their head. These are also the HN we have the most information on because of their younger age, we have a good genetic profile on the as opposed to a 2 or 300 KA specimen. Whether their Haplogroups is a recent phenomena or older and directly inherited from Heidelbergensis is difficult to ascertain with current technological limitations. The whole picture is so obscured by overlapping layers that I'm a much bigger fan of the "braided stream" model as opposed to the typical family tree depiction. There were SO many different types of humans living in Europe and Asia simultaneously just a few hundred thousand years ago that it makes it difficult to fathom how we came to be the only survivors.

-Chrisosterone

Not true at all. There is a site I researched about 19 years ago I. The Northern Levant that demonstrates evidence of not just contemporaneous cohabitation of the same site, but cooperation between the 2 groups. The H. Sapiens who had left Africa had inferior lithic tools to what the Neanderthal they encountered possessed. They took the HN tools and improved on them over time. Another indicator, in my opinion at least, was the burying of the dead. There's no way to know for sure who started the practice, us or them. However, the fact that they both buried their dead and at the same site would indicate if not a familial, at the very least a cooperative relationship between the two groups.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
What about Brien, Harte, he might be doing worthwhile work.
He had done a documentary on the Paracas skulls and explored
inside the pyramids and temples in Egypt, and the Serapeum.
At least someone is enabling us to expand our knowledge and
sphere of exposure.

Check this out about 35 year old David Stuart, aka the whiz kid
who can read Mayan:

www.pbs.org...

a reply to: Harte

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Harte and Phage are right. There is no evidence of ancient civilizations in this. Is there an african connection to the proto south americans? Absolutely. I am certain that south america was not vacant, no matter it's hardships

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: angrypsycho1977
Harte and Phage are right. There is no evidence of ancient civilizations in this. Is there an african connection to the proto south americans? Absolutely. I am certain that south america was not vacant, no matter it's hardships

Any evidence to support an African presence ?

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

What about Brien, Harte, he might be doing worthwhile work.
He had done a documentary on the Paracas skulls and explored
inside the pyramids and temples in Egypt, and the Serapeum.
At least someone is enabling us to expand our knowledge and
sphere of exposure.

Check this out about 35 year old David Stuart, aka the whiz kid
who can read Mayan:

www.pbs.org...

a reply to: Harte

Foerster is a lying con artist.

Your whiz kid was under the tutelage of the person that was the most instrumental in achieving translation - Linda Schele, though much of the work was done before Schele's time.

Harte

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
Foerster is a lying con artist.

Totally, he's best mates with David Hatcher Childress another lying con artist.
Holds no qualifications
and is in a position to profit from peoples gullibility

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
there was a race upon the earth that was actually red, the hadiths books from shi'ite islam say that the ancient turks had red faces that looked like shields, while the ancient egyptians apparrently would cover themselves in red orchre which is a lie they were actually red skinned, the minoans upon the ancient greeks meeting them said that they looked eternally sun burnt and the meaning of phoenician actually mean red as well so theres a blatent cover-up a to the appearance of some ancient cultures because we would realize that humanity is far more diverse than we originally thought. The reason they are covered up is because we would actvely look for remanences of this ancient race and the modern day equivalent of these people ... lets say are not from here. As for neanderthals slightly off topic who were they if there are human aliens out there, have a think on that one...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join