It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence That The Maya Culture Visited Ancient Egypt?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Ok so I chanced upon this vid, intrigued by the title I kliked play, now I don't know anything about these guys and I usually do not do Youtube history unless it have a university backing ,or a legit professor, but he have some interesting anecdotal story about the tomb, and when he got to the so-called calendar I was like wow! this can't be, every fiber of my being is telling me it's B/S, and that the Mayans have no part in this tomb, but what of the so-called calendar itself,

It would be good if some one here with ancient meso-American language skills" Mayan" can see if it made any kind of sense or if the design is repeated on another archaeological site in Egypt and make sense to the ancient Kemites and their world view.
edit on 21-4-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I believe coca leaves have been found in Egyptian tombs. They could only have come from Central and South America.
edit on 21-4-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I believe coca leaves have been found in Egyptian tombs. They could only have come from Central and South America.

Yeah but it has been disputed along with the cocain mummies so it's no longer a slam dunk as I once thought.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

You are thinking of the "coc aine mummies" ... which were unwrapped at Victorian unwrapping parties. The coc aine is a party contaminant (people handled the mummy as it was unwrapped - and bought or were given the amulets) - coc aine wasn't illegal then.

So yes, it came from the Americas... in the 1800's.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Ok so I chanced upon this vid, intrigued by the title I kliked play, now I don't know anything about these guys and I usually do not do Youtube history unless it have a university backing ,or a legit professor, but he have some interesting anecdotal story about the tomb, and when he got to the so-called calendar I was like wow! this can't be, every fiber of my being is telling me it's B/S, and that the Mayans have no part in this tomb, but what of the so-called calendar itself,

Yes, it's complete nonsense.

I can talk about it from the Egyptian standpoint... a Mayanist will have to address it from the other angle. But if the Egyptians had THAT much influence on the culture (as they did on cultures around the Mediterranean) you would see
* Mayan trading expeditions depicted in the tombs of Egyptian military men (as they did with voyages to Punt)
* Pharaohs depicting the voyages as one of the high points of their reign (Hatshepsut and Punt, but plenty of other examples)
* Mayan materials showing up at the same time in other cultures around the Mediterranean
* donkeys and horses and chariots showing up in South America
* a breeding population of llamas and alpacas showing up in Africa/Europe (because their soft wool would be in high demand -- just as silk was)

And finally, you'd see Egyptian towns in South America... pure Egyptian towns.

A culture doesn't suddenly adopt a symbol or six from a group of sailors who just "show up" on their doorstep and who don't even speak their language or any language known to them. Symbol exchange takes place when groups are in contact for a long while and one group sees that the second has useful things and adopts them.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

The Itza are Mayan people of the Yucatan Peninsula, builders of Chichen Itza. Those don't look like any Mayan glyphs I've ever come across. Here's a Wikipedia page on Mayan calendars.

They man with the beard in the video is Stephen Mehler. He's pretty out there from crystal skulls to astrology.

I'm not seeing anything of particular interest here and the only evidence he seems to provide is hearsay about statements supposedly made by Mayan descendants that they recognize the glyphs (from where?).

edit on 2016-4-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
They found a glass pyramid that has Cario etched into it?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
What of the Olmecs? Facial characteristics of stone heads indicate they are of African ancestry.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

What of the Olmecs? Facial characteristics of stone heads indicate they are of African ancestry.

FFS here we go again

On the left we have the nose from an Olmec head, on the right we have the nose of a descendant of the Olmec who built the heads

He's not African, neither are the heads

OP, the tomb of Maya dates to around 1330BCE, at that time the Maya were still living in the jungle and hadn't attained civilisation. That happened around 500bce.
So you were right, its complete nonsense.

edit on 21-4-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

The Itza are Mayan people of the Yucatan Peninsula, builders of Chichen Itza. Those don't look like any Mayan glyphs I've ever come across. Here's a Wikipedia page on Mayan calendars.

They man with the beard in the video is Stephen Mehler. He's pretty out there from crystal skulls to astrology.

I'm not seeing anything of particular interest here and the only evidence he seems to provide is hearsay about statements supposedly made by Mayan descendants that they recognize the glyphs (from where?).

Ok so he is one of those then, thanks for the heads up on knowing who to avoid on my reading or viewing list..

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
A culture doesn't suddenly adopt a symbol or six from a group of sailors who just "show up" on their doorstep and who don't even speak their language or any language known to them. Symbol exchange takes place when groups are in contact for a long while and one group sees that the second has useful things and adopts them.

Exactly. Small groups of people and individuals certainly wandered around the globe in prehistoric times. A human being can certainly walk all the way around the world within their lifetime. But a big culture isn't going to be very influenced by a few wanderers. That takes a while, and after a little bit more than a while, it becomes obvious.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I personally believe the Phoenicians had a hand in linking all of the world's kingdoms via sea trade at one point.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

I personally believe the Phoenicians had a hand in linking all of the world's kingdoms via sea trade at one point.

lol, belief, its a bit pointless when we have facts
The Phoenicians, contrary to popular opinion, were mainly only active around the fertile crescent and Mediterranean
and without time travel, how do you suppose that they were in contact with say, the Sumerians, who had ceased to exist a thousand years before the Phoenician foundation, or any of the other hundreds of cultures which had vanished by that point ?

edit on 21-4-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

There is archeological evidence that the Carthaginians had contact with the Mesoamericans. Perhaps that link was established by the Phoenicians. You forget that what we call historical "facts" have been revised multiple times, therefore I prefer to use the term "believe".

edit on 21-4-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: documentary

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: Marduk

There is archeological evidence that the Carthaginians had contact with the Mesoamericans.

There is fringe evidence, which is to say, there isn't any evidence that either the Carthaginians or the Phoenicians were anywhere near America

You forget that what we call historical "facts" have been revised multiple times,

Do you actually appreciate the difference between a revision or being completely wrong ?
Science works by revision, if you had any evidence, then you wouldn't be presenting it in a youtube video that no one is going to bother to watch...

no archaeological evidence has yet been discovered to prove the contentions of Irwin, Gordon, Bailey, Fell and others. Since even the fleeting Norse presence in Vinland left definite archaeological remains at L’Anse aux Meadows in Newfoundland, it seems logical that the allegedly more extensive Phoenician and Carthaginian presence would have left similar evidence. The absence of such remains is strong circumstantial evidence that the Phoenicians and Carthaginians never reached the Americas...Ronald H. Fritze

edit on 22-4-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I know a little secret, it's about a merchant route that went all the way down to southafrica and then up to the ancient Mayans.. Don't tell anyone, shhh

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Maybe it was already a primitive society there from the Eurasian passage, the Egyptians used their culture and adapted basic astronomy, doesn't have to eat the whole culture like the Columbus rampage

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Egypt was a gigantic field of wheat and whole grain, best place in the world to grow it.. They used it for bartering along the "merchant route" I will not name.. In our western culture we are taught that our world started with the Renaissance, well it did..

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   
The video opens with the logo of the Khemit School of Ancient Mysticism - a fringe outfit, but often their stuff is amusing to read.
It progresses to the logo for Hidden Inca Tours - Brien Foerster's company, then introduces Foerster himself.

I know Foerster to be a lying sack of excrement.

Never read (or watch) further than "Hidden Inca Tours" on any page or video and you can save yourself a lot of time and embarrassment.

Harte

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AuntNancy
Egypt was a gigantic field of wheat and whole grain, best place in the world to grow it.. They used it for bartering along the "merchant route" I will not name.. In our western culture we are taught that our world started with the Renaissance, well it did..

Actually, the Phoenicians basically cornered the grain market after the Sea People's raids. Guess they had some decent fields too, eh?

Harte

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join