It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Community college is already free

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Hey all let me clear up the bull# about college and excuse my language but I can't let a bunch of 22 year olds control our narrative.

PEL grants are available for everyone and anyone can get paid to go to school for an associates degree if done right.

I'm sick of hearing about the bs.

A Federal Pell Grant, unlike a loan, does not have to be repaid.

www2.ed.gov...

So what the hell is Sanders talking about when he's claiming we need free college when we already have it?

I'm so sick of the idiocy.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

PEL makes college free? Yeah right. They only covers a fraction of the actual, real life cost of college. Do you know how costly it is to go to college, and how many conditions there must be for eligibility for PEL in the first place?

No, PEL doesn't make college "free". Free means you don't have to spend a cent in the first place.

edit on 21-4-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Ughhh yeah i do I've done it and used it.

In fact they paid my to take classes.

Thanks.

I got a 1500$ check for 12 credit hours and a governments board of fee waivers so I pocket the whole thing.

Deny stupid.

edit on 4/21/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   

You're very lucky.

But because you got lucky doesn't mean that everyone is as fortunate.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   

You have no idea what your talking about everyone I took classes with did the same thing.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Sure if you fit the exact criteria. Also you do realize that 22 year olds are eligible voters and so have the right to vote and voice their opinions just like you..."I can't let a bunch of 22 year olds control our narrative" lol

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

It's so easy as an 18-22 year old to get college paid for stop playing this little game.

I've done it you can't bs me.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

PEL makes college free? Yeah right. They only covers a fraction of the actual, real life cost of college. Do you know how costly it is to go to college, and how many conditions there must be for eligibility for PEL in the first place?

No, PEL doesn't make college "free". Free means you don't have to spend a cent in the first place.

No, you don't understand, he said it's free as long as you do it right. Study the right things, have the right life, be the right prior and current person. And if you are not any or all of those things, well obviously it's your own stupid fault and you don't deserve free college or you don't want it enough, so problem solved. Nothing to see here.
edit on 21-4-2016 by elliotmtl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

They have the right to vote and demand what they so desire. You can not stop them from doing so just because YOU disagree. What game. I only see you playing..apparently it's a game anyways

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: elliotmtl

It's really simple fill out the forms right and college is free.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

You have no idea what your talking about everyone I took classes with did the same thing.

How much of it was paid by your parents?

Serious question.

edit on 21-4-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Great job trying to flip this entire thread onto another subject but it's not working with anyone with half a brain in their head.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   

My parents don't have a dime they are drug addicts I take care of myself.

Good try.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

You're the one that brought it up in the OP. I mean seriously how old are you. That is a mindset I expect from college students supporting Sanders. That mindset being:"I want what I want and if it isnt what I want then nothing at all"

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

So none of the money for the Pell Grant comes from the tax payer? I'm all for helping out whoever but ,could we please quit calling it free when someone somewhere is paying for it. And the people paying for it also have to pay for their own children's college. We did.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

What are you even talking about please start making sense or just give up.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Uhh what?

No idea what your saying. Totally out of left field.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The very first sentence in your OP or are you that blind?

Hey all let me clear up the bull# about college and excuse my language but I can't let a bunch of 22 year olds control our narrative.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

My parents don't have a dime they are drug addicts I take care of myself.

I am not going to try and guess your personal life. I am sure there's a reason why you've got "free" college. But whatever your experience has been, know this: it is not the experience of 100% of the population.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Yeah honestly it doesn't matter what your saying anyone who makes less than 50k a year can get their 2 year degree paid for for free.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join