It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Removing Jackson from $20 - Central Bankers Plot?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Lol. Adams wasn't very endearing either.

In fact, when any leader tries to be endearing, I take fast note.

Few, if any, humans are perfect.

That being said, I don't care for staring at faces while trading notes myself... unless they're good looking. Maybe people would fork over their cash less if there were pictures of bohemian super models on the front.

Augh, money.
edit on 4/21/2016 by TarzanBeta because: If, not of, annoying phone.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Adams may not have been endearing....but that was wholly because he wasn't in on the cronyism of the day. That, and he was literally insufferable. I have no idea how he managed to get elected. One of the greatest minds to ever being recorded to have existed, and he was such a jerk that no one could stand him.

That's what happens when you are always right amongst a group of assholes that are typically wrong.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

That is exactly why I love the man so much.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I would have like to have kept Jackson, or found a more contemporary person. I thought Emila Earhart would have been a better choice. I believe it was a politically motivated choice as to who to put on the $20.00. Obama admin sticking it in the eye of the American public AGAIN. As everyone knows a Jackson in common tongue means a $20.00 bill. Now we are going to have a Tubby for a $20.00 bill.
edit on 4 21 2016 by Ceeker63 because: Added additionl sentenance.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

They can stick it to my eye if it's Scarlett Johansson.

If we really wanted to commemorate people, money just seems like an odd way to do it... especially through the Federal Reserve.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

They have made all kinds of 'collectable' dollar coins. Those are nothing more then scams imo and would hate to see more of our historical figures likenesses used for it.

Never forget the Liberian George Washington Talking Dollar Coin.
Yours for only $19.95.

You're right, there are a lot of scams out there in regards to "collectibles".

To each their own I guess...I don't have a large collection of coins, rather tiny actually...like...less than a handful, but I appreciate them nonetheless. And they still spend. It's a nice day when you work a register and someone uses an unusual coin or what have you. Kind of like tipping with a two dollar bill. Some of us just geek out on such things, no harm done.

It is kind sad when some folks don't recognize valid currency though....there was a kerfuffle a while back of someone not recognizing the two dollar bill as valid and it caused a wealth of embarrassment for the customer and the recipient.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Well if anything, if you want to honor this man's Presidency you should be trying to get him removed from the bill anyways. The ironic part has always been that the $20 bill is the most used bill in circulation, probably around the world. It is also part of a central banking currency that is governed by bankers MORE corrupt than the ones he battled in the 1820's.
edit on 21-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I love this description of Jackson:

Andrew Jackson shuts down Second Bank of the U.S.

Jackson, known as obstinate and brutish but a man of the common people, called for an investigation into the bank’s policies and political agenda as soon as he settled in to the White House in March 1829. To Jackson, the bank symbolized how a privileged class of businessmen oppressed the will of the common people of America. He made clear that he planned to challenge the constitutionality of the bank, much to the horror of its supporters. In response, the director of the bank, Nicholas Biddle, flexed his own political power, turning to members of Congress, including the powerful Kentucky Senator Henry Clay and leading businessmen sympathetic to the bank, to fight Jackson.

It's almost like politics of yesteryear are mimicking politics of today.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: FamCore
$20 bill is the most used bill in circulation, probably around the world. It is also part of a central banking currency that is governed by bankers MORE corrupt than the ones he battled in the 1820's.

This is why we need you here KS, to keep us honest and continue trying to wake folks up

*respect*
edit on 21-4-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Well finding odd coins is different, I by no means meant to diminish any actual collectable coin. In fact if you look at my thread history I have one of my few authored threads about a coin my old man has.

And ya I have had my run ins with people who don't know a two dollar bill, my gma used to send me them all the time and would get funny looks spending them.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The new Jackson Democrats are....?

You are right.

Honestly, had he not been such an asshole to the natives, I'd likely have a fonder opinion of him. I live in what was once Comanche country. They were pretty violent, and hard on the folks in the area at the time. Jackson didn't beat them into submission. It was just good old humanity that did it: we negotiated peace with them (IIRC, it was the Germans that made that happen here in Texas, shortly after establishing New Braunfels)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Yea. It doesn't help my opinion of him either with how he treated the natives.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
ATS is hilarious. Harriet Tubman is going to be on the front of the $20 and Andrew Jackson is going to be ON THE BACK. Slave on one side, slave owner on the other...

<< 1   >>

join