It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sierra's eastern front long overdue for large earthquake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
With all the earthquakes popping as of "lately" here is a prediction of another large earthquake which is over due .

SCOTT SONNER, Associated Press

RENO, Nev. (AP) — The Sierra's eastern front is long overdue for a large earthquake along the California-Nevada line, where a magnitude-7 event expected on average every 30 years hasn't occurred in six decades, scientists said Tuesday.

Nevada Seismological Laboratory Director Graham Kent said the region's earthquake "drought" is likely one of the reasons the public has a misconception there's a low risk a serious quake will strike.

"We've experienced such a long stretch of not having earthquakes, we've sort of built in a sense of complacency," he said at an Earthquake Economic Resiliency Forum ahead of the Seismological Society of America's annual meeting in Reno.

newsletter.thaivisa.com...

Also Clyde Lewis Ground Zero had a whole show on earthquakes and earth changes which some might find interesting

Episode Info

There’s been a plethora of earthquakes in the past few days. Several seismologists say there’s an “abnormal” pattern occurring, even outside of the Ring of Fire. The weather has gone crazy as well this April. On tonight’s show, Clyde Lewis talks with physicist and author, Stan Deyo and earthquake sensitive, Charlotte King about ‘DAI JISHIN: THE GODS MUST BE CRAZY!’

edit on 727thk16 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
There does seem to be some increased activity on the ring of fire.
I have heard of 'earthquake weather', but I am hesitant to believe that April's weather has anything to do with increased EQ activity.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I'm afraid I'm in agreement, and I'm becoming more convinced that we're going to see a significant quake on the West coast in the next few months. I'm actually surprised we haven't seen one already.

I'm convinced that the quake in Japan was not "normal" (by traditional study methodology). Experts in Japan, who are arguably some of the best, are trying to study the unusual movements they've been seeing, and they are seemingly very concerned that this is not expected movement.

This is why I believe they've either discovered a new powerful fault, another one has been "created" through this event, or it's a signal that something else entirely new is going on here.

I don't know whether I've just convinced myself of it, but I do believe that event triggered increased activity around the ring of fire, which was why I was certain we would see increased activity on the US West coast. I believe it triggered more activity in New Zealand, in Alaska, in Vanuatu, and the quakes in Ecuador and smaller ones further up the coast towards the US.

Now, the fact that California doesn't seem to have moved at all (at least not more than the usual little 2.0''s we commonly see) should be a worry. You would expect that with that much energy stored there we should have seen at least some larger movement. The fact that other areas along the rim of the Pacific Plate are all rumbling and going off in weak points, while California hasn't done much, is actually MORE concerning.

We all know it's constantly rumbling, but these rumbles have not done anything to relieve the pressure and the energy building up there over decades. The power already stored in that area is truly massive, and if this hasn't set it off in the way it's seeming set off others, I believe that means the area is literally stuck solid, which means the force there is potentially a lot bigger, more massive than we initially thought, and constantly building.

I'm afraid that we're going to see the West coast experience something truly massive in the coming weeks or months. We all know it's inevitable, but when you have other zones going off with activity in the way they are, seemingly caused by Japan's movement initially, the fact that California still hasn't gone off suggests the power being held there is truly massive.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I'm watching RSOE and others every single day and have done so for 6 years, this activity in the start of the year is normal, it's kind of a repeating cycle with an increase in minor to major quakes, starting in spring, ending in mid summer, not only in the ring of fire but all around the world.

There is definitely a cycle going, but not sure what cause it.

edit on 20-4-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

That's an interesting theory, but I've never seen any data to back it up. I have looked, but there's nothing out there which has convinced me that any cycle of quakes matches the seasons.
I'm more inclined to believe it's a larger cycle if there is one, spread over numerous years, and even decades. I have seen evidence to suggest that, most specifically the fact that a century ago there were similar large quakes in Japan, Ecuador and California - although seemingly not in the same order.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

If my post count wasn't that long, i could show you that i say this every year around this time, as threads pop up with the same topic every year.

But it's a bitch to find those comments/topics in the long list i have, maybe if i have time later i will scroll through to see if i can find them.

I have no data to prove it, just my observation.

Btw, i think Mexico is up next, usually they get one after South America, probably an off coast quake.
edit on 20-4-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
There is absolutely nothing normal about what is going on. I have tracked activity around the world for the last 30 months and I know without a doubt intensity and frequency have increased in multiple areas. We're almost to a point where energy released by these quakes freely travels the world.... super close. Anyone that says there IS NOT a pattern is either asleep or has an agenda of keeping people in the dark. It's stupid to listen to the naysayers at this point, it's well beyond them. And yes, the increase in severe weather is mind-boggling AND directly connected to the earthquakes. Most are too stupid to see the connections between it all and realize we live on a giant electric conductor. Positive and negative energy swirls on the surface of Earth as we are stuck in the anomalies created from a negative charge (Earth) and a positive atmosphere. The recent solar activity is connected as well. I can't believe how ignorant you have to be at this point to think otherwise.
edit on 20-4-2016 by Naabaahii because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Naabaahii
30 months isn't very long to be able to any meaningful data.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Naabaahii
The recent solar activity is connected as well. I can't believe how ignorant you have to be at this point to think otherwise.

Offer the evidence for it and I'll believe it.
So far I've seen nothing but beliefs with no more substance to them than my own layman's observations.

I have my own theory about the Pacific Plate movement leading to a chain reaction, but I accept that I know nothing compared to the many thousands of brighter minds working in this field.

There are a lot of amateurs making suggestions and claims in all of this, but the reality is that we're all only working with a tiny % of the data the professionals who have worked on this for decades have at their disposal.

It's fun/interesting to discuss and ponder, but I'm under no illusion that some random guys on internet forums have discovered something the professionals in the field have miraculously missed throughout decades of study and research.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

The eastern sierra is like this whole volcanic region in slumber…

Ever been to mammoth lakes? They're all craters. Every time I visit that place theres tremblers. We were in a store there one time, there was a small tremble and I said, feel that? The store clerk smiled at me and said, "feel what"?

LA Times

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I would not hang my hat on everything in the following video but, they certainly do believe the sun plays a role in earthquakes. youtu.be... This was posted on the 19th and warned of a high potential of quakes coming in the next 36 hours.

This was posted on the 14th youtu.be... (before the Japan quake) and talked about/showed the two corona holes coming around and facing earth. They post everyday with updates; just watching their weather and sun pictures is worth the time for me for some of the stuff I am interested in is all in one place. Sometimes they seem to really be good at potential earthquake forecasting; other times they are good at reporting after the fact..

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I do find it interesting that the Japanese are concerned about the activity over there because it doesn't seem to fit the patterns they're used to seeing or that their understanding of past geology has led them to believe should be occurring.

I'm trying to remember where I ran across it, but someone somewhere was speculating about the possibility that we were seeing a large scale VEI 7 run-up at one of the calderas on that island and that no one was recognizing it because it had been so long since the last one which was Tambora, well before the era of modern monitoring. So what would the build-up to such an event actually look like?

Mount Aso is capable of VEI 7 eruptions.
edit on 20-4-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I suppose revealing an earthquake to come is obviously not correct as many have been avoided by doing so creating a reaction then that is like a herd of horny rabbits making things seem like it is not. It seems murder is rewarded with sex these days.
edit on 11-7-2016 by THEMYKIL because: (no reason given)

top topics

join