It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions for the Empaths

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: pirhanna
Some people will think that an empath that uses these walls has very little emotion or connection, when actually the opposite is true. The ability of empath to isolate oneself is very important, both physically and psychologically.

Yes, I finally learned to stay in an "even" energy - - - not sending out any energy spikes.

Don't need to be a flashing beacon with a neon sign saying "here I am".

I tend to be a loner in my personal space - - - but, can turn it on if I want to socialize.

It is kinda fun to energy "lasso" that cute guy across the room

So true!

Its all about keeping that very even energy level with a pma. I require a lot of zen mind-state.
edit on 20-4-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Some people will think that an empath that uses these walls has very little emotion or connection, when actually the opposite is true. The ability of empath to isolate oneself is very important, both physically and psychologically.

Yes, I finally learned to stay in an "even" energy - - - not sending out any energy spikes.

I tend to be a loner in my personal space - - - but, can turn it on if I want to socialize.

I require a lot of zen mind-state.

I've learned to "zone" myself in my space
- - - my family mostly leaves me alone and kind of asks permission before invading. (live with daughter and grandkids).

I'd sure like to find an outside place or group I feel one with - - unfortunately, many surround themselves with the toys - - but, don't really get it.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Excuse me, but my experience with empathy don't jive with the OPs understanding of empath, I did feel very uncomfortable with the opening post.

Also do you add healer into the mix?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: quercusrex

I can't go to elementary schools. I know who the abused children are, first my stomach hurts then I look around and I see her/him by their countenance. I don't like to talk about it that much. Can I give it away?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
. . . my experience with empathy don't jive with the OPs understanding of empath, I did feel very uncomfortable with the opening post.

Uh, yeah.

Me too. I said something.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I've been an empath all my life but didn't realize it until I was somewhere in my 30's. Had never even heard the term (except improperly used as a synonym for sympathy). Was always socially anxious, introverted, low self-esteem (probably because most people have so many self-doubts). Used to pay a family friend to take my kids to the state fair and other large gatherings because I would become overwhelmed and nearly pass out if I tried to go. Went to Vegas for a convention and had to sit down on the curb because I felt like I was being assaulted. The emotions were so intense there. No, it is absolutely NOT a "vampiric feeding"; it's more like suddenly having ice water thrown in your face.

Once I realized the feelings that overwhelmed me only occurred in the presence of other people I began to research it and found out there was such a thing as "empaths". What a relief to know I wasn't going crazy. Then began the serious effort to learn control of this "gift". With much practice I got to where I could take my personal feelings of love and caring and project them onto those who really needed some love and caring. It's a spiritually draining exercise though and I usually require a lot of "alone" time to recharge.

Being an empath helped me to become more empathetic in the general sense (as redundant as that sounds) because I KNEW how most people felt (so much pain, fear, anger and negativity in people) that I could understand their plight and be more helpful to them. My profession was as a caregiver (nurse) so I got lots of practice. Mostly I avoid crowds now and an overly active social life.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
And I apologized for my lack of clarity in my post.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

From what I've seen your duty as a empath is not to give it away, but to take it away. To feel it, absorb it, and relieve them as much as you can.

ETA: I shouldn't say duty, perhaps calling is the right word.
edit on 20-4-2016 by quercusrex because: add thoughts and fix punctuation

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Yes, because I see empaths as emotional healers.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: quercusrex
And I apologized for my lack of clarity in my post.

Yes.

But, I'm still not feeling any positive.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Thank you. I never thought of it that way. I always felt I should take action, but that is not possible.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Using empathy for the taking and removing of pain from the others could be positive, no?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

a reply to: Stormdancer777

Yes, because I see empaths as emotional healers.

Empaths are just energy connectors.

They're as varied as the physical humans in your life. It's not a special "talent" given to specific energy connectors so they can be benevolent. They're just born that way.

Don't buy into the hype.

That being said, they may have more insight in understanding there's more then what you can see and touch. I think some see it as a spiritual gift and feel they should use it in positive benevolent ways.

But, there are also those that see it and use it as a tool to manipulate and take advantage of.

So please, as with off planet beings --- don't put them in one box.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
We avoid emotional vampires. We feel everything so we have to put up guards. We are the ones who are exhausted from feeling everything. Energy affects us. You think that's easy?

People feed off us as we feel everything. They want to know what we think, how we handle life. They are suffering and we feel that and they drain us.

We learn how to separate ourselves from others emotions. It takes time and experience. I will confess love for someone, but it just pops out of my mouth, when that person's wife is in the room. I don't really love them like that. The channels have just been opened and my guards are down.

We definitely do not feed off of them. It's the other way around. You think of a plant sucking in the effects of the weather. When the weather is bad, the plant withers.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

a reply to: Snarl

That he shared that is a sign of great love and a feeling of safety with you. I am sure that he has fed off of you, but not in a bad way, or he would not have shared that.

You seem to be looking for or wanting a negative. Why?

I am not looking for a negative. In fact, I am expressing a positive. I wondered if empaths are able to absorb the pain from others and thus assist in relieving them. A sort of emotional healing.
We can absorb pain, much to our detriment. It's painful. Who wants that?

This would help both parties as the empath would feel satisfaction in the healing and gain energy from it and the target would be eased of the anguish.
It doesn't help both parties. It helps one. Pain is still pain, even when it's transferred. You think a sense of satisfaction is enough? We can help heal pain by talking to someone. We take on too much as it is, to deliberately take on another's pain tires us. Any satisfaction you would have with the idea of 'healing' cannot mitigate the fact you are in pain or have taken on part of the entity of the other person. It's a curse sometimes.

The same would be possible with joy, ecstasy, and love.

It would be parasitic but could still be positive for both.

Now you see how empaths don't feed. Others feed off us by wanting us to absorb their pain.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I require a lot of zen mind-state.

I've learned to "zone" myself in my space
- - - my family mostly leaves me alone and kind of asks permission before invading. (live with daughter kids).

I'd sure like to find an outside place or group I feel one with - - unfortunately, many surround themselves with the toys - - but, don't really get it.

Indeed. Ive had problems with relationships because of it. I cant have constant energy pulsing at me or emotional volatility so close. I thankfully have a couple friends that are relatively easy and never mind when im like "im done, i gotta go home".

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
"Now you see how empaths don't feed. Others feed off us by wanting us to absorb their pain. "

If you have the gift you should use it and also take from it.

That would make sense.
edit on 21-4-2016 by quercusrex because: Bad HTML skills

edit on 21-4-2016 by quercusrex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

"im done, i gotta go home".

I had to laugh at that. Yes. Yes. Yes.

I know when I'm done. I don't always feel it coming but I know the nano-second it went.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I feel you sort of red-light, green-lighting towards something that you are trying to understand, but I think that none of us are exactly sure what it is you are asking or trying to understand. Maybe it is just the desire for dialogue.

Someone said here that there are different degrees of it. (Empathy, not dialogue, but that too.) The subject of healing also came up.

I said that a person can be an empath and not truly realize it, and this is a good place to add that a person can be a healer and not realize it. It's really a matter of a bunch of specific words trying to explain something that isn't specific.

There's also a bit of "mysterious knowledge" for lack of a better word...perhaps a sudden insight. Why not? I think we put limits on even our own experiences.

I was in a circle with a bunch of strangers and there was a short prayer type of thing. I felt a sort of "blockage" from the lady on my left. This wasn't anything thought out or planned. It just happened suddenly and spontaneously. It felt like it didn't belong there and I "imagined" that I quickly pulled it out of her. I didn't expect anything to happen next, but she looked at me and began to shriek. Apparently she had horrible vision and she could now suddenly see better and she pointed to me and said that she felt me pull "something" out of her.

There was another incident like that with my grandmother, but I'm saving it for a different thread.

I think my point is that, weird as it sounds, this is sort of just part of normal life that one doesn't plan for, but deals with accordingly when something comes up. Make sense?

Still a nice thread.

CF

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClownFish
a reply to: pirhanna

"im done, i gotta go home".

I had to laugh at that. Yes. Yes. Yes.

I know when I'm done. I don't always feel it coming but I know the nano-second it went.

Do you feel that protective energy shield you created starting to wrap around you? Actually, gets a little claustrophobic at times.

It always reminds me of the Energy Transporters on Star Trek.

Wouldn't it be great if we could do that? Wrap ourselves in an energy field and transport home.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join