It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruz to Win Half Of Pennsylvania's Delegates, "Even If He Comes In Distant Third"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Dont sit out... sitting out lets them maintain total control..

Dont like what you see, vote third party in the general election.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Dont sit out... sitting out lets them maintain total control..

Dont like what you see, vote third party in the general election.

Well if Trump runs third party then I will vote for Trump. But also if Trump goes third party that'll be handing to Hillary anyway. So mine will be a wasted vote.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: UnBreakable

Trump and the fellow clowns that he's surrounded himself with, dont understand how the process works, primaries vs. caucuses.

The rules are not straightforward but with Trump's money and primary voter support, he could easily be winning the delegates from these states if they simply knew what they were doing.

Ron Paul's whole strategy was to get delegates.

But then again, thats Ron Paul, the man is a living legend who's knowledge is light years beyond most mortals.

I too was & am a Ron Paul supporter. But first time around Paul didn't do so well either. He learned the rules and did very well...so well they, the RNC, changed the rules and prevented Paul delegates from getting to the convention.

Don't be so quick to judge.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

How can they expect a non politician to understand the dark side of politics?

Hell to me that's just another reason to support Trump.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Very well said. Everyone should know and be concerned about " the dark side".

That being said...lots of folks are waking up.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Hey, guess who we are all still talking about? Yup...Mr Trump.

He even explained in the Town Hall that he had people on the ground in these states and they were ignored. Again, when asked why he did not buy them all he said he was not there for the delegates, he was there for the voter. He wants the voter to choose,

What does Cruz say.....'sure, we will take anyone's money'.....

NY will be a landslide and he will hit the mark prior to the convention. The MSM is moving on...they are aligning...they can see the writing on the wall. The turning point for me was Rove. When you heard he is talking concession that means there are no more dirty deals. Donald Trumps life is an open book. If there was a scandal it already happened. The General Election season is going to be a monkeypoop throwing freak fest...

If he was asked why he did not buy them off he should have answered because I would go to jail. You can not offer delegates money it is not allowed. You can promise more attention to their state as President, support for them as candidate for local office and a better ability to get the Presidents time. Which is what most of them are looking for. Sometimes you offer to pay for their travel to the convention but, with each state and the party of each all having different rules even offering that would like screw you at the convention with somebody finding a way to remove those delegates.

So if your delegates you have two nationally very unpopular candidates offering you support. Cruz is slightly more popular than Trump nationally and polls better in the national election so supporting him is a delegates best chance at getting influence at the White House. If Trump did not poll so poorly in the national election he likely would be having a much easier time at winning delegates.

Cruz's people go to the delegates and say look at these poll numbers, since the start of the primaries Trump has polled worst in the national compared to any other Republican candidate including Cruz. Today Trump polls worse than ever. The only chance you have for influence in the White House is Cruz. It is not that hard of a sell.

Trumps people have to sell that some how he can over come the worst polling numbers ever seen for a national election candidate. And that is not an easy sell.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Double Post, that is just great.
edit on 19-4-2016 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

A President does not have to understand all aspects of politics or anything else. Just as the CEO of McDonalds does not have to know how to cook a hamburger. At those levels you skills are being able to get the right advisers who understand how things work from politics to the military then come up goals you want achieve and create the organization to achieve them. Most of the people who enter the primaries have no clue how each state works but, they hire people who do. And then with the advice of those people they come up with a game plan.

Frankly anybody who can not handle the varied rules and politics of the primaries is never going to be able handle the much more varied laws and politics it takes to run a country and the even more varied laws and politics it takes to deal with the rest of the world. And crying about how unfair things are after you end up in a trade war is not going help anybody.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Which is why Trump's new (as of last night) campaign strategist says that they are now focusing on California.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

I agree with you. The way this is unfolding has me thinking I might well sit this one out too. I am absolutely sick of voting for the lesser of two evils in this country.

I am well aware that this is how the system has worked for a really long time, but NEVER has it been bared to broad daylight like we see it today. The parties and people in charge aren't even trying to hide it anymore. We have let it go on so long that they no longer fear the folks seeing the corruption unfold in the light of day.

That is telling.

We are given the illusion of a choice. We saw a bit of it with Ron Paul and we let it go, now here we are again...

Hopefully enough folks will be outraged this time, that they can't help but bow to the will of the people.

Then you guys DON'T give in!

WTF?!

VOTE Trump!

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I think Trump will do well in California because believe it or not a lot of voters in California have the problems right in their face everyday with hyperinflation and immigration and liberal policies.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

I think Trump will do well in California because believe it or not a lot of voters in California have the problems right in their face everyday with hyperinflation and immigration and liberal policies.

Clinton is plus 28 in California over Trump. He would not even bother campaigning there. In NY she is plus 18, and I imagine his ego would not allow him to ignore NY wasting money and time. She is locked in all the traditional blue states and in battle ground states she leads everywhere but, Colorado where Trump is plus 1.

Clinton has 254 points in the electoral college in states that are solid or strong Clinton, she has an additional 84 in the weak Clinton states. Trump has 165 electoral votes in states that are Solid or strong Trump. And 35 in weak Trump states.

When you look at that math Trump needs to keep all the solid and strong states which should be easy as the DNC will not waste time there and hold weak Trump states which will be on place the DNC will put up a fight. Lets just say he holds them as well. That is 200 points. Then he needs to get almost all of the 6 states in Clinton weak lead area. All Clinton needs Florida or Ohio or North Carolina. Trump needs all three.

So the DNC can attack Trumps weak states which he must have and would have to defend and then defend only a couple of Clinton's weak states for and easy win. Of course they will go for much more than that looking for a crushing win. Which seems pretty likely. Trump is weak in the battle ground states and some key red states. That is a massive problem. And those numbers have just been getting worse as the primaries have rolled on.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Dont sit out... sitting out lets them maintain total control.. Dont like what you see, vote third party in the general election.

How is that going to help in any way ? No 3rd party nominee will ever get elected, and the game keeps playing on in the next election.

The only way to do anything about this is to abstain from voting. If enough people do it...something might change...

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   
it's beyond my understanding how some of you guys seem proud with this utter shambles of what you call..."election process".

"this is how it works"...

"they dont understand how the process works.."

I think Iran has far fairer election process.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join