It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruz to Win Half Of Pennsylvania's Delegates, "Even If He Comes In Distant Third"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
So again Cruz shows he is good at getting the unbound delegate vote, since he knows he has no shot at getting delegates through a straight popular vote. You'd think by now Trump would up this part of his game after Cruz smoked him with this method in CO and WY (and also Louisiana and Missouri). Trump will definitely run third party after the convention. Book it.

NBC's Hallie Jackson reports Cruz has changed his focus to Pennsylvania and making a play for the state's unbound delegates. Jackson, the network's Cruz correspondent, said even if Cruz has a third place finish in Pennsylvania's Republican primary, he'll win more than half the delegates. "It's very telling that's Ted Cruz tonight is not in Brooklyn or Manhattan or any of the boroughs or state. He's in Pennsylvania," reported Jackson.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

17 Delegates go to who wins the popular vote, and 54 are basically free agents...... I live in PA and they made mention of us voting for the delegates...WTF? I have to find out what the hell is going on. Never heard of voting for delegates in a primary.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Cruz is a greaseball fraud. It's of no surprise the only people buying his shtick also believe the earth is 6000 years old and a guy lived inside a whales stomach for three days. Anything less than public hanging as the penalty for his traitorous ways is inaction.
edit on 19-4-2016 by JamesNGiantLeach because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Pretty much sums up what the General Election will be.
Best political post this year

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
"Trump will definitely run third party after the convention. Book it."

I believe you. I think that will send Sander's over the edge as well and we'll have 4 well known candidates this cycle.

Of course, it will be illegal to vote for Sanders or Trump somehow in many states. Well Illegal isn't the word, how about it will be hard to vote for them because they legally won't be able to get on many ballots for the General election.
edit on 19-4-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Trump and the fellow clowns that he's surrounded himself with, dont understand how the process works, primaries vs. caucuses.

The rules are not straightforward but with Trump's money and primary voter support, he could easily be winning the delegates from these states if they simply knew what they were doing.

Ron Paul's whole strategy was to get delegates.

But then again, thats Ron Paul, the man is a living legend who's knowledge is light years beyond most mortals.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Trump and the fellow clowns that he's surrounded himself with, dont understand how the process works, primaries vs. caucuses.

The rules are not straightforward but with Trump's money and primary voter support, he could easily be winning the delegates from these states if they simply knew what they were doing.

Ron Paul's whole strategy was to get delegates.

But then again, thats Ron Paul, the man is a living legend who's knowledge is light years beyond most mortals.

And yet when he was going after the delegates , they werent calling him a slimeball insider politician and slandering him at every turn like they are doing Cruz. And Paul knew how to play the game. Paul is my favorite.

I sense Cruz fear so much from Trump supporters. If Trump gets the nomination we get to hear another 6 months of whining and crying.

If he gets elected we get at least 4 yrs of "Its not my fault" "Its not fair" and "I have the best words"

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This is not the first time we have heard about this, where the candidate is trying to win the nomination, not through the popular vote, but via the delegates.

Ron Paul, the last time he ran for President, used similar tactics to win the nomination, but getting delegates to go to the convention and try to win the nomination, though it failed.

What I believe that is going to happen at the end, is that thi is going to upset the voters, who may rebel come November against the establishment, cause they are fed up with their voice not being counted in the primaries.

If anything this is a show worth paying for, cause it is entertaining and we all paid for such.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

17 Delegates go to who wins the popular vote, and 54 are basically free agents...... I live in PA and they made mention of us voting for the delegates...WTF? I have to find out what the hell is going on. Never heard of voting for delegates in a primary.

I'm from PA too. I might sit this one out. Cruz will end up getting more delegates than Trump even if he loses. I don't want any part of this fiasco. And depending on the general, I might sit that one out too. I'll be damned if I'll vote for Cruz or Hillary.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I agree with you. The way this is unfolding has me thinking I might well sit this one out too. I am absolutely sick of voting for the lesser of two evils in this country.

I am well aware that this is how the system has worked for a really long time, but NEVER has it been bared to broad daylight like we see it today. The parties and people in charge aren't even trying to hide it anymore. We have let it go on so long that they no longer fear the folks seeing the corruption unfold in the light of day.

That is telling.

We are given the illusion of a choice. We saw a bit of it with Ron Paul and we let it go, now here we are again...

Hopefully enough folks will be outraged this time, that they can't help but bow to the will of the people.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

I agree with you. The way this is unfolding has me thinking I might well sit this one out too. I am absolutely sick of voting for the lesser of two evils in this country.

I am well aware that this is how the system has worked for a really long time, but NEVER has it been bared to broad daylight like we see it today. The parties and people in charge aren't even trying to hide it anymore. We have let it go on so long that they no longer fear the folks seeing the corruption unfold in the light of day.

That is telling.

We are given the illusion of a choice. We saw a bit of it with Ron Paul and we let it go, now here we are again...

Hopefully enough folks will be outraged this time, that they can't help but bow to the will of the people.

What gets me is the smug arrogance of party heads Rance Preibus and Debbie Wasserman Schultz. To paraphrase an interview on a Sunday morning news show this past week, Preibus addressed the issue of delegate distribution overriding the citizen vote. He basically said "Tough sh!t, that's how the process works". That's true but he was really dismissive of the popular vote, basically implying citizens don't know what they're doing. But he will have a big surprise if he thinks all the disenfranchised Trump supporters will just flock to Cruz. No way. Mark my words, if it's just Hillary vs Cruz, we'll have the lowest voter turnout percentage ever.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Agreed.

The Trump folks absolutely will not support Cruz and they absolutely will not support Hillary.

I saw the interview you are talking about. That one and the one where the guy (can't recall his name now) states that the people do not get to pick the nominee... the party does. Well WTF? Why even bother having primaries/caucuses then? Just put someone up there and quit pretending that it's something it's not.

Bernie is getting robbed as well. The game is rigged and it seems like we were all just playing for "show" and naught else.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I live in PA. If I see Cruz lurking around the state I'll tell him to go home. I have not seen a political hack like him since the days of Richard Nixon. He is so crooked he has to screw his pants on every morning. A curse on him, and his slimy ways. Oh, and his wife can look pretty ugly also.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Just another example of the establishment rigging the election process to give them leeway to choose who they want.
No one should be surprised. It's set up with the deck loaded against an outsider for a reason.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Well said. I don't know who is getting polled in PA. It is not me, and I am so depressed by our presidential choices that although I will vote, I am not voting for a president this year. We in the US should be able to field some candidates that are not smug slime balls. I am ashamed of our nation if this field is the best we have.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Hey, guess who we are all still talking about? Yup...Mr Trump.

He even explained in the Town Hall that he had people on the ground in these states and they were ignored. Again, when asked why he did not buy them all he said he was not there for the delegates, he was there for the voter. He wants the voter to choose,

What does Cruz say.....'sure, we will take anyone's money'.....

NY will be a landslide and he will hit the mark prior to the convention. The MSM is moving on...they are aligning...they can see the writing on the wall. The turning point for me was Rove. When you heard he is talking concession that means there are no more dirty deals. Donald Trumps life is an open book. If there was a scandal it already happened. The General Election season is going to be a monkeypoop throwing freak fest...

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
YEAH! You rock it Count Choculla! Who's ya running mate, Frankenberry?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Just another example of the establishment rigging the election process to give them leeway to choose who they want.
No one should be surprised. It's set up with the deck loaded against an outsider for a reason.

These rules have been in place for some time. It allows those who know the system better to win delegates which is why Trump just hired Paul Manafort to be his convention manager since he is getting seriously out maneuvered by Cruz.

Trump just went full establishment retard.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It just goes to show you that Cruz is a party hack after all.

His claims to be the anti-establishment outsider are bogus.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join