It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very tired of a one way street

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
a reply to: reldra

LOL The Chorus is kinda Catchy!

♫ Put your hands in the air now...* Donald trump! ♫

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: DAVID64

If Savior Bernie were talked about in this song...... Twitter would just shut down and the country would be awash in Liberal tears. I'm gonna love hearing the Bernie and Hilary fans trying to defend this one.

Nobody loves crying more than conservatives. There's a whole media industry (including InfoSnores) that is dedicated to catering to the average conservative's need to feel like a victim and cry about it — and cry they do — just look at the volume of threads on ATS devoted to conservative whining about "political correctness" versus the number of threads dedicated to something like pointing out bigotry. 10 to 1? 20 to 1?

Don't let me intrude on your pity party though!

Can't get much worse than some of these whiny idiots!

Flame away!

It is a grown man complaining (the man in the video), complaining about students who will go through this learning process. In about 15 years, if they were to see this video, for the most part, they would think they sounded silly. We all go through this type of process. Issues may change, but no one is dropped on this earth with refined ways to debate or knowing exactly what they believe in or if all they believe in is right. Many of us are still in this process. The person speaking in the video sounded really condescending. I am glad he feels he is so elevated in comparison to others.
edit on 19-4-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I posted in all caps these people have free speech rights.

But so did this guy.....
In 2010, Johnny Logan Spencer Jr. was sentenced in Louisville, Kentucky, to 33 months in prison for posting a poem entitled "The Sniper" about the President's assassination on a white supremacist website. He apologized in court, saying that he was, as WHAS news put it, "upset about his mother's death and had fallen in with a white supremacist group that had helped him kick a drug habit.

Are raps not poems? Is a poem less an art form than a rap song?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

It's all partisan... Back in 1994, Scarface and Ice Cube sang a rap song that was aimed at Bill and Hillary Clinton. Well, white people in general.

I'll quote the lyrics to the song, and I apologize in advance if the filters don't catch some of the profanity.

-In world news today, officials agree that rapper Brad Jordan alias "Scarface" must be stopped
-After being monitored by secret service agents for two years
-Evidence leads Tobacco and Fire Arms officials to believe that his literally dope lyrics promote drug usage and distribution
-Degrade women, influence gambling, promote and teach violence and more importantly
-Its influencing our minors and destroying our young community
-Officials say, he's the lord of underground rap and his music must be stopped

[Scarface:]

We got this whole mother# on a mission
Now the whole entire world has gotta try to come up with a quick decision
They claim we threats to society
And now they callin on the government to try and make somebody quiet
For the bull# they done to me
Gangsta Nip, Spice 1 or 2Pac never gave a gun to me
So gangsta rap ain't done # for that
I've even seen white folks from River Oaks go get the gat
So why you tryin kick some dust up
America's always been known for blaming us niggas for they #-ups
And we were always considered evil
Now they tryin to bust our only code of communicating with our people
Lets peep the game from a different angle
Matt Dillon pulled his pistol every time him and someone tangled
So why you criticize me
For the # that you see on your tv
That rates worse than PG
Just bring your ass to where they got me
So you can feel the hand of the dead body

[Chorus:Repeat 2x]
Nigga don't believe that song
That nigga's wrong
Gangstas don't live that long

So now they tryin separation
And sendin black folks in white coats to infiltrate our congregation
Tappin into our conversation
Saying the message that they give
Bring forth or premeditation
So David's got a silver mag
While listenin to Brad, David gets pissed and kills his dad
David Duke's got a shotgun
So why you get upset cause I got one
A tisket a tasket
A nigga got his ass kicked
Shot in the face by a cop, closed casket
An open and shut situation
Cop gets got, the wanna blame it on my occupation
If you don't dig me, than nigga you can sue
Because the # that I be sayin ain't worse than no western movie
Don't blame me blame your man Gotti
So you can feel the hand of the dead body

[Chorus:]

[Ice Cube:]

You best to free your mind
Before I free my nine
And stop # with the void in pop
Or feel my hot rocks
Bang bang, boom boom, ping ping I'm the black
White boy's got a magazine and don't know how to act
I'll attack and make you vomit
Down with Kahlid Abdul Muhammad
Do he got a brother, I'm it now
I'm the illest
Wanna kill this house nigga Don Cornelius
Can you feel this?
You punk niggas make me sick
Suckin on the devil's #
Scared of revolution
Need to start deuchin'
Houston is the place
I caught a case
Them mother# tried to put a scar on my face
But i bust two times to the gut
To the Reverend Calvin Butts
Gotta pair of nuts?
I started this gangsta # in 86
Now you dissin me
For publicity
Isn't he a hoe to the third degree
Who me
I'm a g who like to scrap-a-lot
Down with Rap-A-Lot
And I can't stop, won't stop
So # Bill and Hillary
Ice Cube their ain't no killin me
Ice Cube, Scarface
Droppin on these sell-out ass niggas, doing it like this

[Chorus:]

edit on 19-4-2016 by LSU0408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Nobody loves crying more than conservatives. There's a whole media industry (including InfoSnores) that is dedicated to catering to the average conservative's need to feel like a victim and cry about it — and cry they do — just look at the volume of threads on ATS devoted to conservative whining about "political correctness" versus the number of threads dedicated to something like pointing out bigotry. 10 to 1? 20 to 1?

Don't let me intrude on your pity party though!

I'd love to see you point out some bigotry, but I think we both know that your evidence for said bigotry will be as minuscule as your tolerance for conservative opinions.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Nice try on the thread, unfortunately it seems it's been infested with some well meaning idiots.

To deny the double standard of what the media and some of those in this thread would do if a song like this came out about Bernie, Obama, Hillary is inconceivable. I have to believe certain people are just being willfully ignorant or trolling.

Yes they have the right to say whatever they want, 1st Amendment, ect.

This song is only popular and you only know about it because the powers that be want you to know about it. People who would generally be against violence will sell their principles down the river to act like they like this song in order to keep it around, because they like the message and deep down they want you to act on it.

Take a good look at threads like this, stick around, some real sickkos will probably come out of the woodworks to defend this.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I don't think you'll get much argument about free speech being biased.

Sure there is rampant hypocrisy.

But that should never stop those of us to defend speech when and where we can.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Aren"t you the one with the Trump periscope thread complaining about people getting punched at trump rallys?
But this is a catchy tune?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: KnightFire
a reply to: gladtobehere

I was wondering the same thing. Must be common core math.

What is "common core math" exactly? Perhaps you'd like to explain to us? Before you do, you should probably realize that Common Core is a set of standards, not a curriculum. There is no such thing as "common core math."

You should also probably realize that that Common Core was created as a bipartisan initiative of the NGA (National Governor's Association) and is maintained by the NGA and the Council of Chief State School Officers. Finally, that No Child Left Behind (NCLB) and its grant waivers are no more as it was replaced by the Every Student Succeeds Act in December so there is no leverage for the federal government to use to compel adoption.

Perhaps it's time to update your propaganda derived opinion?

Wow, overanalyze much? I took it as a joke, and a pretty witty one at that.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Freedom of speech is a good thing. But the speech isn't always good. There are limits to what that freedom allows for. And there should be.

This is not a liberal/conservative issue. Yet, there are liberals here who cant resist saying that conservatives love to whine. And for every conservative whining about a double standard there are ten liberals whining about the whining conservative. And for every ten whining liberals there are a hundred conservatives pointing out the hypocrisy of the whining liberals. And for every hundred conservatives pointing out the hypocrisy there are a thousand liberals whining about it. Both sides = fail.

If you even hint about harming a president or presidential candidate you should expect repercussions. Its the same as walking through an airport joking about bombs in your suitcase. Yes, you are free to say that, but don't expect to be getting on any airplanes any time soon.

Beyond all that, there is a much more basic element to this. It just shouldn't happen. We are experiencing an entire generation of people who can not respect anything but their own. It will be our downfall as a nation. Not Trump or another clinton embarrassment. This stubborn childish self centered bs will get us all killed sooner or later.
edit on 19-4-2016 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JamesNGiantLeach

What's wrong with being beta?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

We are experiencing an entire generation of people who can not respect anything but their own. It will be our downfall as a nation. Not Trump or another clinton embarrassment. This stubborn childish self centered bs will get us all killed sooner or later.

Our parents said the same thing. So did their parents, etc. It's the endless cycle of growing up and becoming wiser as time progresses. I think we're going to be just fine.

On the topic of the OP: Who cares?

Really? Who cares?

It's a dumb song made by some kids that wanted to express themselves. Either enjoy it and sing along, or go about your business.

What is really wrong here is that we have too many people that like to play drama queen at any given opportunity. Many people like to claim the "SJW's" of the world are special little snowflakes, but those same people melt just as easy when they feel they have been wronged.

It's about time for people to grow a pair of balls and quit being a bunch of whiny bitches.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Free speech does not include the right to death threats. Those responsible ought to be facing charges, and if they aren't, then there is no real justice in this nation.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

This is what happens when you "dog whistle" racism every time you get on a live mike. Trump called this stuff out - now "boo-hoo," he reaps what he has sown. He is a big baby that whines more than any other politician in the last 60 years about the people he is offending pushing back on him. I am sure that many, many folks that he has offended would like to see him dead. He is a notional disgrace, and Americans should be ashamed that 35% of republicans are voting for him. Thank god we have the rest of the American people who are not insane.

Sorry, but Hillary will beat Trump like a gong. I don't like it, but if Trump is the best that conservative can do, then go ahead and destroy the party. You are electing Hillary with your actions, and that will lead to 4 more years of no action, no progress, and conservatives crying like little brats.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

This is what happens when you "dog whistle" racism every time you get on a live mike. Trump called this stuff out - now "boo-hoo," he reaps what he has sown. He is a big baby that whines more than any other politician in the last 60 years about the people he is offending pushing back on him. I am sure that many, many folks that he has offended would like to see him dead. He is a notional disgrace, and Americans should be ashamed that 35% of republicans are voting for him. Thank god we have the rest of the American people who are not insane.

Sorry, but Hillary will beat Trump like a gong. I don't like it, but if Trump is the best that conservative can do, then go ahead and destroy the party. You are electing Hillary with your actions, and that will lead to 4 more years of no action, no progress, and conservatives crying like little brats.

I was an airborne ranger, an officer, and practiced journalism for several years. I am not going to be an INTERNET tough guy, but you are sadly out of your league by calling out folks who have college degrees, can think critically, and can write their thoughts down. Before you label folks you might want to find out their backgrounds. I don't remember seeing you covering any news stories in Iraq when the lead was hot. I did see several journalists however who were embedded with my unit who stood up to unfriendly fire. Think before you type these impressions – you hurt people by doing the stereotype thing.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Why are we talking about rap lyrics?

Is that what America wants? An election of little hands and rap lyrics?

No matter who gets elected, im certain it will be who we deserve. Or better.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JamesNGiantLeach

Demonstrating physical dominance over these liberal fruits? Wow you are such an awesome guy. I bet my liberal fruit sifu would make quick work of you even though he stands 5'6 and weighs 165. Enjoy being a bully you'll get yours one day.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: olbe66

I was an airborne ranger, an officer, and practiced journalism for several years. I am not going to be an INTERNET tough guy, but you are sadly out of your league by calling out folks who have college degrees, can think critically, and can write their thoughts down. Before you label folks you might want to find out their backgrounds. I don't remember seeing you covering any news stories in Iraq when the lead was hot. I did see several journalists however who were embedded with my unit who stood up to unfriendly fire. Think before you type these impressions – you hurt people by doing the stereotype thing.

First thank you for your service.
Who did I call out? How am I out of my league? How would you have any idea what league I am in? Did your nancy drew detective skills tell you I also served? You can take your tough guy Iraq stories and stick them where the sun doesn't shine. Had you been in combat you would not so cavalierly speak about "hot lead".

What stereo type impressions have I typed? Idiot rappers who are black? Gee none of those around are there?

The whole point of posting that story is internet tough guys like you will bend over backwards to justify the crap the rap stars are peddling just because it is pointed toward someone politically opposed to you. The point is that kind of hatred is wrong no matter where it is directed, but jodys like you are too puffed up to admit that.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I think he was referring to the poster who called all journalists beta personalities and then referred to them as "liberal fruits" and then he mentioned how he likes exerting physical dominance over them. Basicically a pathetic bully with a compensation complex.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Well the reply was addressed to me. I thought "journalists" would have better computer skills.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join