It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just posting so I can... Do what?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Not really a rant this, I'm tired of ranting. I've noticed people post a meaningless reply to a thread OP saying something like "Posting to comment later" or "Posting here so I remember to..."

Can anyone explain what that is about and why people do it?

Seems against T&Cs to me.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
They probably want to subscribe to the thread, so it shows up in their "MyATS", but don't realize that they can just hit the subscribe button and that will do the same thing. That's my guess...

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

By replying it subs them to the thread.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
They do it so the thread will be easily accessible in their posting profile so they can either post to it later or remember to keep up with it. I suppose some find that easier than just hitting the subscribe button?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I would guess so that people can feel personally validated (which is similar to how people post nonsense on social media in general, and something I noticed after I immediate quite FB years ago: but, who am I going to TELL about this? I have to POST that I made the best piece of TOAST this morning. Smh) by simply commenting or posting...something.

One would think they would just subscribe to a thread to remember it or keep it handy, but what you mention *does* seem like it would be against T&C.

Haven't been on the site much the past several months so I haven't seen it, but I suppose it's just the latest social media trend

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Just posting so I can remember to forget this thread.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

To be first…

Edit: To add, I don't actually have anything to say, but I want to be noticed and belong and be part of it all, anyway.

I'm heeer, oh I am so in the rooooom! see me heeeeer I am (waving to crowd)… ewwww!

edit on 19-4-2016 by intrptr because: edit:

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
People could learn to press subscribe?

edit on 19-4-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Cheers

You just reminded me I did this the other day in a thread, that being said I also mentioned what I will be bringing to the thread at a later time to remind myself, I guess I am very guilty of this.

Ah Diddums, it does happen a lot just like one-liner sarky comments.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This is common in other platforms, where there isn't a "subscribe" button. Most people probably aren't aware of the ability to subscribe and follow without commenting. I know it was a while before I discovered it.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
They probably want to subscribe to the thread, so it shows up in their "MyATS", but don't realize that they can just hit the subscribe button and that will do the same thing. That's my guess...

You mean there's a subscribe button? That Skeptic Overlord thinks of everything, doesn't he?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Lol! I always want to say "you do know there is a subscribe button, right"?

But I am too nice so I just let it go.

Half the threads i am subscribed to I've never commented on. I am a major lurker.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Accessing from a cell doesn't have the subscribe button, so at times you need to reply.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

ETA: Ugh , cell phones do make me make silly double posts tho!
edit on 19-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt
Not on any cell phone I've used for ATS.

I'm pretty sure I've used both the mobile, and desktop settings as well. I've had at least five different cell phones since joining this beautiful place too.
edit on 19-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Maybe it's on mine then? Interesting.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Not really a rant this, I'm tired of ranting. I've noticed people post a meaningless reply to a thread OP saying something like "Posting to comment later" or "Posting here so I remember to..."

Can anyone explain what that is about and why people do it?

Seems against T&Cs to me.

I do it because believe it or not I cannot subscribe to a thread while using the phone.
What kind of world is this?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384

People could learn to press subscribe?

Great, can you "teach" me how to do it on my phone then?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein
No problemo.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
First of all.....I didn't know there was a Subscription button.....thanks for letting me know....but ..after reading all of the above posts,and going to compare my iPad to iPhone.... I'm guessing I didn't know because I'm usually on my Phone and there isnt a subscription button on my phone app. ...I have found it in two paces on my iPad and computer ...but not on phone.... It is not anywhere above topic line, nor is it under the down arrow in the header line.?? .....so where is it on the phone ?? ....On my phone I only have "account, upload, messages. If anyone can find it on their IPhone, let me know please !
edit on 19-4-2016 by Meldionne1 because: Spell check

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join