It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The magnanimity of Scientology

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Thetan

I see so many ignorant responses. People don't understand the mysteries at all.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Scientology isn't the question, it's your understanding of the question. It unto itself is infantile, but nobody here practices anything but opinions

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thetan
Very interesting answers so far!

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

This is your thread, please participate with your thoughts and opinions? What do you know about Scientology? Are you a member?

We are not here for your personal use for a one sided conversation.

If it's research or will be shared elsewhere, you should really review the Terms and Conditions of Use we all agree to. Just pointing that out in case it's relevant.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

that preys on the wealthy mentally ill IMO.

No mostly they are sane before enterening, then the brainwashing and cultish behaviour begins

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thetan
I'm conducting a poll, and I thank everyone who participates in advance.

The question is: Do you think Scientology is an evil organization?

Yes
No
Unsure
Other

Feel free elaborate on your answers.

I think it is no worse than any other religion.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Scientology is a part of what I consider as evil. They are a part of a particular artificial hierarchie of artificial levels of consciousness. But consciousness has no levels. One either sees/knows what it is or not. And knowing it, the field, In the Bhagavad-Gita that is called "the knower of the field". And the knower of the field knows that all content of consciousness is just mithja (only seemingly real).

And the book, Dianetiks by Hubbard, I read years ago and consider it as utter horse-shiet on a scienfic level regarding psychology. It's badly written, therfore boring and on top of it untrue mostly.

Hubbard was a pervert. Here is an interview. First watch it without volume and just observe his "micro-mimic". Then watch it again with volume and listen to the tone of his voice and the content. I would not let that mofo alone with my mother for a minute. Not to talk about my (non existing) children.

Will I get sued now?

Interview with Ron Hubbard:

www.youtube.com...

edit on 18-4-2016 by Willingly because: typo

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

My problem is the secrecy first, since secrets always mean things are hidden. What is being hidden? Why does it need hidden?

I'm fairly neutral as it's other peoples money and no way of knowing if the stories are true or not.

A fool and their money are soon parted seems relevant perhaps.

I've seen firsthand a person surrounded on the street by them and hammered with negative feedback. Bunch of robots using techniques I doubt they understood and I'd have thought the victim could have gotten a restraining order of some kind from what I heard said. He would have had to be mentally ill to not just leave and walk away.

Odd they did it in public on the street and I don't know if that is a normal thing or some zealous, as I said, robots doing it on their own. It could have been stalking if they knew him. Must have been 20 people standing there watching in amazement at the bullying as amazed as I was.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Hi Blaine. I am indeed a Scientologist and have had nothing but fantastic experiences with my religion. This is not research and will not be shared elsewhere.
edit on 18-4-2016 by Thetan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
My brother in law is scientologist.. He is an interesting decent guy and is down to earth.
He has explained a few things to me and to be honest they do make sense.
It changed his life for the better because he was going nowhere before he joined.
He has also never tried to make us join or force his beliefs on any of us and usually just keeps it to himself.

I've seen all the bad press but will always form my own opinion, which is neutral. If something changes someone's life for the better and they are happy then why not.
I believe too many people form opinions based on wjat they read, which are just other peoples opinions on a subject. They usually have little knowledge on the subject in question, but have formed a negative opinion based on someone else's thoughts.. I think that is a lot of what has happened surrounding scientology.
edit on 18/4/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Where are you on "The Bridge" Thetan?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

The very beginning, and already it's changed my life for the better.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Yes.

People do say the same about your 'organisation'

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Yes i'm a Mason myself and the propaganda against it is ridiculous. The most we do as Masons to take over the world is charity work.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

But then again, we never sued anyone or waited outside their houses with video cameras so we could harass them.

I am such an S.P.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Tell us about it in detail?

What does it cost you?

Open the curtains and dispel the myths if they exist?
edit on 4/18/2016 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I thoroughly enjoyed the Communciation Course, the ARC Course, I took the Ministers' Course and did Dianetics, and became an auditor, all at Celebrity Center. I really enjoyed and gained a lot from them, stuff I still use today.

But then, things got creepy. They totally wanted control over my life, my every thought, and monitored my relationships and income to boot!

Trying to leave Scientology was like trying to leave a possessive paranoid and jealous lover! 40 plus years later, and they call, and call and call. I just hang up on them and block the number. I have at least 30 blocked numbers under "Scientology" on my phone.

They mail me cryptic notes, saying "Why won't you talk to me? I just want to help." "Why are you so bitter?" or "What crimes have you committed against Scientology?"

edit on 18-4-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

But then again, we never sued anyone or waited outside their houses with video cameras so we could harass them.

I am such an S.P.

I read somewhere on the Internet you bundle them into black suv's and sacrifice them on an alter at 3am whilst chanting and drinking beer.

Just kidding.. But you see how people just jump on the bandwagon and form an incorrect opinion on a group or religion.
The harassment is something I did see a program on, which had clear evidence it happens.. But to be honest because of my bro in law who is a decent guy, I'm really just neutral regarding the religion..

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Tell us about it in detail?

What does it cost you?

Open the curtains and dispel the myths if they exist?

He is probably being bundled into a black suv's as we speak..

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I'm sorry Blaine but I will not be going into anything personally monetary in nature. Scientology's basic books, lectures, and services have helped me immensely thus far. Not only have the books and lectures helped to clarify life for me, but the services have enabled me to communicate to others far better. Moreover, their detox program called the Purification Rundown is unlike anything i'v ever experienced and helped me tremendously in a physical and mental capacity.
edit on 18-4-2016 by Thetan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I read somewhere on the Internet you bundle them into black suv's and sacrifice them on an alter at 3am whilst chanting and drinking beer.

You left out the orgies and the goat.

Just kidding.. But you see how people just jump on the bandwagon and form an incorrect opinion on a group or religion.
The harassment is something I did see a program on, which had clear evidence it happens.. But to be honest because of my bro in law who is a decent guy, I'm really just neutral regarding the religion..

I watched the HBO documentary and have read many threads here with additional documented evidence. I am sure the people who are joining are not aware of what can happen but it is not a blameless organization.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join