It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Dept Agrees to Allow Questioning of Clinton Aides About E-Mail Server

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Yesterday, April 17, 2016 U.S. District Court Judge Emmet G. Sullivan issued an order allowing Judicial Watch to question several senior Clinton aides, including Patrick M. Kennedy, Cheryl Mills, Huma Abedin and Bryan Pagliano regarding Hillary's email server.

Under the terms of the agreement, the scope of permissible discovery will be limited to questions about the “creation and operation of clintonemail.com for State Department business as well as the State Department’s approach and practice for processing FOIA requests that potentially implicated former Secretary Clinton’s and Ms. Abedin’s emails and State’s processing of the FOIA request that is the subject of this action.”

This could get interesting. This seems to mostly address the impact on FOIA requests. The State Department would not have been able to provide information in legal FOIA requests because of how Hillary and others in the State Department handled emails.

It is a good angle to approach this issue from. Hillary keeps claiming that her server did not endanger national security (which it likely did, but which is another subject). But she has completely avoided talking about the impact on FOIA. By using her own email server, she seemed to be intentionally hiding information from the State Department that should have been made available to them, and to the public, under the law.

State Dept. Agrees to Allow Questioning of Clinton Aides About ‘Creation and Operation’ of E-Mail Server

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Sounds like Judicial Watch is fairly limited on what it can ask these individuals once the joint order is signed by the judge. I wouldn't expect much to come out of it.
edit on 18-4-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Nothing to see here proles, move along... Hillary WILL be elected, she is the chosen one.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

"Hillary keeps claiming that her server did not endanger national security"

I will go you one better.... I believe that this will turn out to be one of the greatest breaches of classified information of a sitting official.

Hillary tried to change the rules so she and her staff could use their personal Blackberry's in a SCIF...NSA flat out told her no due to the fact they are so easily compromised.

She sets up her own private email server, and there were numerous email accounts... upwards of 20 or so.... every single Blackberry that was tethered to that server was a huge potential compromise of the server.

Blackberry's are so easily compromised that it isn't even a challenge for a 12 year old wanna be hacker, much less a professional.

There is a 99.999999999% chance that various enemies of the US have had full access to not only her emails, but also to the data stored on the server the entire time she was SoS.

FBI agents and personnel are not allowed to take Bureau issued Blackberry's on foreign trips to certain countries... it is assumed that they are compromised within minutes of setting foot in country. This I know for a fact. And Bureau Blackberry's have some degree of hardening and much stricter security policies than off the shelf Blackberry's.

I do agree that little will come of this questioning by JW... they will be extremely limited in what they can ask.
edit on R372016-04-20T14:37:47-05:00k374Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

top topics

join