It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston we have a problem, major flooding in Houston ...2016 flooding

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Up to 8 dead now. Not sure why people still drive off into water. Several were in areas with flood gauges and did it anyway.

Barker and Addicks reservoirs approaching capacity as everything northwest drains into them. Supposed to have some more rain tonight but shouldn't be too heavy.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TXTriker

There was one who intentionally drove around a barricade while workers were pumping out water and just drove straight into the water, causing a worker to endanger his own life trying to save them but he had to give up because the pumps were dragging him under the water

It really makes you think what goes through a persons mind that they'll intentionally do this kind of stuff, I try to find some sympathy for them but I really can't when they pull stuff beyond stupid like this

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

There was one who intentionally drove around a barricade while workers were pumping out water and just drove straight into the water, causing a worker to endanger his own life trying to save them but he had to give up because the pumps were dragging him under the water

It really makes you think what goes through a persons mind that they'll intentionally do this kind of stuff, I try to find some sympathy for them but I really can't when they pull stuff beyond stupid like this

Last I heard #8 was taken of the flood list so ended with 7. Yes they have video of the event. She was about 25. You can't fix stupid.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Reservoirs are being drained now - as slowly as possible. One major roadway - Hwy 6 is expected to be closed for about another month for the water to drain and to make any repairs needed. We are scheduled for more rain next week but hopefully only normal amounts. There is a thread in Fragile Earth by TechXnicality (sp?) regarding the weather next week. May be pretty bad in North Texas.

Link to thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 4/23/2016 by TXTriker because: add link

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXTriker
Up to 8 dead now. Not sure why people still drive off into water. Several were in areas with flood gauges and did it anyway.

This has been a constant problem in Texas, as we both know.

Barker and Addicks reservoirs approaching capacity as everything northwest drains into them. Supposed to have some more rain tonight but shouldn't be too heavy.

We can only hope....

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Posted in a trucker group this morning.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: TXTriker

This has been a constant problem in Texas, as we both know.

We can only hope....

Just a note - the 8 dead was from a 2016 flood not the current situation. I have not heard a count yet.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Sam Houston Parkway.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
MOD NOTE

This is not a current thread

Please not the date of the OP:

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:10 AM

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

If I recall correctly, wasn't that 2016 flood a much more sudden situation than this one? So hopefully, the death toll will be kept a bit lower by the advance notice. The downside is that it sounds like people are already in bad situations just having stayed put in their own homes.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

If I recall correctly, wasn't that 2016 flood a much more sudden situation than this one? So hopefully, the death toll will be kept a bit lower by the advance notice. The downside is that it sounds like people are already in bad situations just having stayed put in their own homes.

Yes and it was over in a couple of days. That is why I put that note in the post above so that people would not confuse the two. Responses to the current situation have been been posted here and it is confusing.

As an update - the count now is 6 for the current event with Harvey.

Thanks Mod for the note to guide to current threads.
edit on 8/27/2017 by TXTriker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join