It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll Shows Nearly HALF Of Sanders Supporters Might Switch To Trump

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaDreamer
must have been fox poll i would never vote for trump bernie 2016..........

It's an online AOL poll.

So it's pretty much meaningless.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco
a reply to: Profusion

I feel that's a load of crap...no way in hell Sanders voters are going to vote for Trump...talk about the polar opposite of personalities...

That's the point isn't it? The American Voters don't' care about the "Culture of Personalities" as much as the media likes to pretend we do.

If the Election is Sanders VS. (Anyone but Trump) I vote Sanders

If the Election is Trump VS (Anyone but Sanders) I vote Trump

If the Election is Trump VS Sanders, America wins and we finally have a real election that can be based on ideas between two gentlemen who see the problems but just disagree on the solutions.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Sanders supporters will grit their teeth and vote for Clinton. That's why Trump won't win the WH even on the outside chance he gets the GOP nomination.

There are going to be some uuuuge surprises at the Republican convention.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Your's is a well thought out argument, and I find it personally compelling.

However -- I can imagine a particular breed of Bernie voter who sees the system itself as horribly corrupt, and who will vote for the candidate who appears to agree. For this hypothetical voter -- the destruction of the status quo is their conviction, and, for them, their vote will go to the last candidate standing who appears to hate the system itself as much as they do.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: TrueBrit

Your's is a well thought out argument, and I find it personally compelling.

However -- I can imagine a particular breed of Bernie voter who sees the system itself as horribly corrupt, and who will vote for the candidate who appears to agree. For this hypothetical voter -- the destruction of the status quo is their conviction, and, for them, their vote will go to the last candidate standing who appears to hate the system itself as much as they do.

I do believe you have pinpointed it. As much as I would prefer TrueBrit's line of compassionate thinking, for some voters (or just individuals in general) this is similar to the stance of Mutual Assured Destruction.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I hope not as it would mean all he talked about was just feel good platitudes. He should impale her like the undead, lying witch that she is.

LOL, exactly I would surely be disappointed. However, from looking how he sometimes treads lightly with Hillary and the DNC I suspect he might.

I get depressed thinking these are the best we have to offer

Its sad but the best for them (lobbyist) is the worst for us, hence we keep getting such a crappy pool to pick from.

edit on 17430America/ChicagoMon, 18 Apr 2016 10:17:08 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
LOL, exactly I would surely be disappointed. However, from looking how he sometimes treads lightly with Hillary and the DNC I suspect he might.

I am not sure why he does that. He is 72 and liked by his supporters. He needs to metaphorically bash her over the head with her record. Or literally, whatever works.

Its sad but the best for them (lobbyist) is the worst for us, hence we keep getting such a crappy pool to pick from.

Which is why I am against lobbying.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
AOL? Are they even still a thing?

I think it's a foregone conclusion that should Trump somehow manage to get the nomination, his running mate will be John Barron.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Trump will choose Sarah Palin as his running mate because, well, the whole point of his candidacy is to help democrats win.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
AOL? Are they even still a thing?

I think it's a foregone conclusion that should Trump somehow manage to get the nomination, his running mate will be John Barron.

AOL is still a company, they own large shares in several news outlets. They're currently a subsidiary of Verizon.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I think it is worth mentioning something here. Now, I know that I am over here in old Blighty, but even here, in fact, especially here (and especially now, what with tensions running high about the EU) we tend to look across the water, metaphorically and informationally, and thoroughly, than some other nations do.

Bernie Sanders has, from what I understand of his record as a political entity, stood by the insistence on getting to grips with the issues, wherever that might lead, rather than looking to smash his opponents over the head with their own severed limbs. That is one of the mans major selling points as a candidate, because his longevity of commitment to getting those issues at the front of what he does and stands for, is one of the starkest differences between himself, and the potential candidates he has run against.

Playing the ball, not the player, is how he rolls. If he quits that now, and turns into yet another hunched, crawling voicemail service with delusions of grandeur, he will lose his entire appeal. Furthermore, I genuinely believe that he would not sleep as well at night. The man has been doing things this way for a long time, and I think it is perfectly possible that this might be a great time to elect a man who has no desire to wave his phallus in the face of his peers. This, I believe, he knows as well as do those who wish to be able to vote him in as the candidate for the Presidency, and later as the President itself.

He is not there to burn his opponents, just the outrageous smoke and mirrors job that keeps the people from being able to affect real change at the street level. Single minded determination to remain on topic, as he has, is one of the things I find appealing about the man. He would make an excellent member here, I believe.

Now THAT is an AMA I would love to see, no matter how this thing turns out!

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
Playing the ball, not the player, is how he rolls.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with going after the deficiencies of your opponent. Especially when they are legion like in Hilldog's case.

edit on 18-4-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Here's a link the the actual "poll" cited...

Um...

So it was an informal "random sampling" at a Sander's rally?

Really?

This is from the source that Prison Planet is using:

Our random sampling of attendees at the rally included more than a dozen diehard who were "feeling the Bern," but only one person told us they wouldn't be willing to cast a vote for Clinton come November if Sanders weren't an option. Two others told us they weren't sure what they would do.

Woah! Hold on there! MORE than a DOZEN! Yowza! That's a pretty exhaustive poll people! Holy cow! Lookout!

The AOL article even goes on to say this:

But we heard from a lot of people who said they could get behind Clinton.

"I'm not an idiot. I'm still gonna vote for Hillary Clinton," one young man said. "Lesser of two evils here. I'm not gonna say I'm one of the votes that responsible for Donald Trump being in office."

And how do we know this online poll at the bottom of the page is only among registered Democrats who are currently supporting Sanders? It's open to anyone. I just voted, and I'm not a Democrat.

Can anyone else here smell the BS, spin, propaganda and bad journalism?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: CaDreamer
must have been fox poll i would never vote for trump bernie 2016..........

It's an online AOL poll.

So it's pretty much meaningless.

Thank you! Why are people not actually digging into the SOURCE of the information? Does nobody do that anymore? When I see big claims, I like to see big evidence to back it up.

Why do people just take headlines at face value these days?

Folks, you really need to start doing more than just reading a headline or quote and then responding. Having your mind made up for you and your decisions about things determined by a headline is dangerous.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Can anyone else here smell the BS, spin, propaganda and bad journalism?

Well yeah, but I smelled that as soon as I saw "Prison Planet". Everything you said confirmed the smell though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join