It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll Shows Nearly HALF Of Sanders Supporters Might Switch To Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Whispers of a mass defection of Bernie Sanders supporters that might turn into an #anyonebutHillary moment in November have been circulating in recent weeks but were markedly intensified in recent days.

And now a still-active AOL poll has well over 40% of participants indicating they would consider voting for Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton should Bernie Sanders not receive the Democrat Party nomination.
www.prisonplanet.com...

Desperate times call for desperate measures, if Trump can win the GOP's nomination I believe he should make Sanders his running mate. They should team up and they could, together, become the favorites.

What sweet irony that would be. I know it's probably a pipe dream but who else would love to see it happen?
edit on 18-4-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
Desperate times call for desperate measures, if Trump can win the GOP's nomination I believe he should make Sanders his running mate.

I am fairly certain Sanders despises Trump and would not be his Vice President under any circumstances.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Choosing Sanders as a running mate he would lose more supporters than he would gain.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: leemachino

Choosing Sanders as a running mate he would lose more supporters than he would gain.

As opposed to what? Picking some other person as a running mate? Picking no running mate? That statement doesn't make sense and someone starred it. LOL

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Come on, the source is PrisonPlanet, how can any sane person take this bs seriously?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: leemachino

As opposed to what? Picking some other person as a running mate? Picking no running mate? That statement doesn't make sense and someone starred it. LOL

Trump will have a difficult time finding a running mate, now that he has accused all the potential mates of being liars, criminals, and cheats. He would happily run all by himself if the law permits.

link   
I think thats backwards.

Trump (due to health reasons) will most likely give up running for office, a significant portion of Republican voters will switch to Hillary, after all shes a republican hawk in disguise.

Makes for good reality TV, anyways.

link   
Just shows that there is a large number of people who don't care what side of the isle you come from.
People want real change and they don't care who brings it.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I think thats backwards.

Trump (due to health reasons) will most likely give up running for office, a significant portion of Republican voters will switch to Hillary, after all shes a republican hawk in disguise.

Makes for good reality TV, anyways.

I don't usually agree with you, but have a star. Hillary is the Establishment candidate and will get votes from the centrist wing of both parties, triumphing over the divided "anti-establishment" politicians.
edit on 18-4-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Come on, the source is PrisonPlanet, how can any sane person take this bs seriously?

Sane people do not dismiss information purely because of the source.
If you could let me know the sources you use for unbiased, unfiltered and absolutely truthful information I'd be grateful. I've never managed to find any such source.
edit on 18/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Profusion
Desperate times call for desperate measures, if Trump can win the GOP's nomination I believe he should make Sanders his running mate.

I am fairly certain Sanders despises Trump and would not be his Vice President under any circumstances.

Than again he should despise hillary as she is everything he is against , but he will likely endorse her once she gets the nomination.

At least its an entertaining election year which is more than what the voters usually get anyways.

But yeah very unlikely

edit on 32430America/ChicagoMon, 18 Apr 2016 07:32:05 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

So, what you are saying, is that people have no conviction anymore?

See, no one should be voting for ANY of the candidates, unless those candidates happen to have earned their vote. If someone was going to vote for Bernie, they should be ideologically incapable of giving a monster like Trump their vote. By the same measure, anyone who would like to set fire to the constitution, the freedom of the press, the equality and freedom that people have spent generations trying to secure, will be voting Trump, and should find themselves in opposition to a force for freedom and peace, such as Bernie.

In either case, voters should pick one, and vote for them, or not at all. There is no point picking between turds, as would be necessary in a Trump vs Clinton contest. It would be like choosing a vital organ to have fail, in that regardless, it is going to suck like a zero point energy vacuum cleaner.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Perhaps it's 'political' conviction that waning, not personal conviction.
Conviction that the political machine one has been supporting ensnares then betrays those personal convictions.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

So, what you are saying, is that people have no conviction anymore?

See, no one should be voting for ANY of the candidates, unless those candidates happen to have earned their vote. If someone was going to vote for Bernie, they should be ideologically incapable of giving a monster like Trump their vote. By the same measure, anyone who would like to set fire to the constitution, the freedom of the press, the equality and freedom that people have spent generations trying to secure, will be voting Trump, and should find themselves in opposition to a force for freedom and peace, such as Bernie.

In either case, voters should pick one, and vote for them, or not at all. There is no point picking between turds, as would be necessary in a Trump vs Clinton contest. It would be like choosing a vital organ to have fail, in that regardless, it is going to suck like a zero point energy vacuum cleaner.

I'm of the belief that if either Sanders or Trump somehow win the presidency, the establishment will block anything they try to do on their own. We have a very recent historical precedent for that (quoted below). Because I deeply believe that's the case, I think the only ideology that matters in the US right now is trying to expose the system from within in the hopes that it will galvanize the masses to take control. The way I see it, neither Sanders or Trump will get much of anything accomplished without the establishment's backing but that point alone could be the thing that wakes up the masses.

I don't think there would be much of a difference between a Sanders presidency and a Trump presidency, so naturally I think them joining forces to prove that would be perfect.

Obama signed the following Executive Order on January 22, 2009:

EXECUTIVE ORDER -- REVIEW AND DISPOSITION OF INDIVIDUALS DETAINED AT THE GUANTÁNAMO BAY NAVAL BASE AND CLOSURE OF DETENTION FACILITIES

A little history lesson for those who can't remember:

In a speech at the National Defense University in Washington, Obama said his Jan. 21, 2009, executive order to close the prison was never implemented because House Republicans placed funding and legislative restrictions on moving suspected terrorists from the facility and blocked efforts to shut it down. But he didn’t mention his own administration’s missteps in not shutting down the prison in one year’s time, as he had promised.

“As president, I have tried to close Gitmo,” Obama said. “I transferred 67 detainees to other countries before Congress imposed restrictions to effectively prevent us from either transferring detainees to other countries, or imprisoning them in the United States. These restrictions make no sense.”
How Obama Bungled the Guantánamo Closing

If Bernie Sanders or Donald Trump try to change the system from the inside, why should we believe that they will have results that are any different from the above?

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

edit on 18-4-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Is it not irrelevant ?

Trump isn't going to get the nomination either.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
Than again he should despise hillary as she is everything he is against , but he will likely endorse her once she gets the nomination.

I hope not as it would mean all he talked about was just feel good platitudes. He should impale her like the undead, lying witch that she is.

At least its an entertaining election year which is more than what the voters usually get anyways.

I do admit it is entertaining but after I get my chuckles at all of them I get depressed thinking these are the best we have to offer and it ain't much on either side to be excited about.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

The ENTIRE political machine, on both sides, accomplishes that. All a common man can hope for, is that their vote ends up electing an individual who has not been, and cannot be bought and has no agenda other than that shared by the great mass of the people.

One either believes that a certain candidate has those attributes, or one does not. Therefore, if one has already chosen the most likely of the candidates, and found even THEM wanting, then the only safe bet is not to vote at all, because at least then you can be sure that your vote did not inflict something awful on the people.

Put it this way, if I had known, when I voted Liberal Democrat two parliaments ago, here in Blighty, that the Lib Dems would get into bed with the Tories, I never would have voted for them. But I never would have voted for anyone else in that election either, because of all the scum, they seemed the least scummy. Therefore, voting for anyone else would have been capitulating to the hegemony, a compromise that no patriot, no reasoning person for that matter, would accept when the fate of nations is at stake.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Yeah but Sanders is a looney.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
must have been fox poll i would never vote for trump bernie 2016..........

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I feel that's a load of crap...no way in hell Sanders voters are going to vote for Trump...talk about the polar opposite of personalities...

<<   2 >>

join