It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any proof of psychic abilities?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Whaler

If you have an experience, doubts vanish.
I had the chance to explore this with ten cut-out cards. Five pairs of duplicates.
My sisters and I sat back to back (one sister at a time) and matched cards while the other sister watched to make sure we didn't cheat.
In twenty trials with each sister we correctly matched 92 and 96 times of the hundred plays.

One trial perfectly matched had one chance in 120 to happen. (5X4X3X2=120) If you erred you made two wrong choices. That translates into 18 and 16 perfect trials out of forty and 2 and 4 three card matches.

Do the math yourself and be amazed. (120 to the 18th X 36= A freaking lot and 120 to the 16th X 6 to the 4th=another astonishingly large number.

Chance? I don't think so.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whaler
Is there any proof of the existence of things like telepathy, clairvoyance, remote viewing, psychokinesis, and so forth? There are studies done but usually flaws are found in them. Most studies of the paranormal are found to flawed in one way or another by skeptics. No one ever successfully has claimed James Randi's prize for proving a paranormal ability to be real and factual.

Remote viewing was totally proven beyond any doubt when Ingo Swan remote viewed Jupiter's rings Before the spacecraft arrived that photographed the fact that Jupiter does indeed have rings, although not like the rings of Saturn.

But people will always reject what their limited paradigm's tell them can be possible so they won't accept something even as in your face as Jupiter's rings being seen by remote viewing.

I can hardly wait to see our resident know it all debunkers canned responses to this.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
A buddy of mine is a working psychic, and does some interesting things with energy.

I once saw him recharge a car battery enough to start a car by simply holding his hand over it for a few seconds.

And yes, the car battery was dead. It was no trick.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I was once on a road trip with the boss, and told him to turn the radio on "because I love the Rolling Stones" (radio was OFF) .... he turned it on .... and the most appropriate song for the moment was playing "Sympathy for The Devil" WITHOUT changing stations.

He didn't stop talking about this incident for a very, very long time afterwards.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LostThePlot

originally posted by: schuyler
To a materialist there will never be any acceptable evidence. That's not to say there is no evidence, but that evidence, no matter what it is, will be rejected by a materialist as being impossible, wrong, faked, or some other reason for it to not be acceptable. ANY "evidence" is a priori wrong. End of story.

Now it's going to be really interesting one of these days when these guys wake up dead and have to admit they survived. I imagine the excuses will be from, "I knew it all along." to "Something is not right here." I actually hope to be there for a couple of these revelations, if for nothing else but to smirk at them.

There are plenty of places that treat the subject seriously and you should have no problem if you wish to research the issue. ATS is probably not the best place to do that because it brings out the trolls.

I'm not a materialist and I've researched psychic claims extensively. I really wanted to believe but the evidence always comes up short. So far it only exists in the minds of the delusional and gullible. I hope one day I will be proven wrong but I wont hold my breath.

You use the words describing delusional and gullible people as believing what so far to you, isn't possible, only because the evidence in your view, comes up short?
You have already been proven wrong many times over, but nobody sent you a memo. Only you can send yourself this kind of memo.
What I see you, as well as many others missing, is a facet of understanding that some people just don't seem to have. This is not a put down, My own father suffers from this missing thing whatever it might be called.
Some people look at the evidence they themselves find, and think that is all there is. And then make the statement "anyone who believes this is delusional or gullible. What they don't understand that they think they understand, is that they haven't actually seen all the evidence, or they have rejected the evidence, ignored the evidence. You could spend a lifetime looking at evidences for things, and you would not even put a dent in seeing ALL of the available evidence for that something.
But go ahead and believe you have seen it, and continue believing the knowers of things are delusional and gullible, but this isn't saying everything in the worlds is all true, and yes, there are gullible and delusional people in the world. Nobody has to stay that way forever if they choose not to.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
When I was a kid I use to be able to guess peoples numbers between 1 and 100 with a freakishly high accuracy rate. So much so that my mother told me to stop because it wasn't natural wish I had recorded some of those instances.

Sometimes I would even be able to guess both numbers if say the participant started thinking one number and changed it to another.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Remote viewing was totally proven beyond any doubt when Ingo Swan remote viewed Jupiter's rings Before the spacecraft arrived that photographed the fact that Jupiter does indeed have rings, although not like the rings of Saturn.

Ahem, No.

Telepathy is real. RV is not.
edit on 4/17/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Ahem, No.

Oh, Okay thnks for that lucid well researched analysis

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

You mean you want evidence (physical matter) of something that doesn't exist as matter in the first place?

I think I have psychic tendencies. lol. Maybe that's putting it mildly. I won't detail everything that happens, because it would be too long. But everyone who knows about this stuff (healers, naturopaths, alternative doctors, etc) have all once said they bet I am. I skirt the issue most of the time and downplay it. If I don't, it leads to trouble. Mostly, I'm better off not saying anything.

I am 'told' things sometimes. Just the other day, I was 'told' that Donald Trump would get the delegates needed, what was it 1237? or something for the nomination. Not that he would be president, just that he would get the delegates. The word president wasn't even mentioned. That was the total of the message, that went something like this: "He will get the delegates needed." It was something like that.

I am Australian, not American. I live in Australia.

I have absolutely no idea why I was told this. I only read about Trump on a news article (and I read everything . . .sometimes 7 books a day. I'm a speed reader, and I remember things then piece them together.) I mentioned on another thread that sometimes I feel waves of global shifts and I think the message has something to do with that. It's made me terribly nervous to mention what I was told, but . . . in the end . . . it doesn't matter. It's either right or wrong. I got the feeling of political chaos or something like that. I could be totally wrong. I'm just going to put it out there anyway.

I never push my psychic abilities on other people. I don't read them without their permission and I don't really like doing it. People think I'm weird. If you met me in real life, I would appear to be the most normal person you could meet, and I hesitate to show the other side. I am very aware of the right of free will and never use clairvoyance on another to make money off of them. Sometimes I have inadvertently made money out of seeing the future or sensing money, but this has always been with a lottery and a poker machine I tried. I probably gamble about once every five years lol and feel ripped off if I lose $20.

Another voice once told me to, "Look within", and I think that's the only place you will find answers, rather than looking to the world without.
edit on 17-4-2016 by pacific because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Ahem, No.

I'm not sure why I'm still on this post, but here I am, ever so briefly.

I haven't "researched" either field, but I've done both; I just used different words. I've read people's minds...well, only once because it was an emergency, life or death scenario...I consider the idea to be unethical. But I have had what I called experiences of bi-locating. Learning more, I called it OBE's. But here on ATS, I've sort of seen that calling it RV is just as accurate.

But that's not my point of posting. I was just looking at that comment and thinking that it is also possible that one might mistake one for the other. That is by no means discounting one or the other. They are both quite real. BUT, I can see where one might mistake one for the other. That would/might be a long shot on a sloppy experiment, but still...

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
First of all, predicting rings on a planet when rings were an already "known planetary phenomena," really isn't as amazing as you probably think it is. Saturn had rings, our sun has rings, it's not so hard to conceive that Ingo just 'guessed' rings.

Ingo Swann was a Scientologist. Ingo Swann knew how to sell a lie to the CIA. Ingo Swann took an ancient technology (astral projection, transcendental meditation, lucid dreaming) and rebranded it by calling it 'Remote Viewing' so that gullible fools like yourself would buy into the man has superpowers belief system that is being extorted here.

I'm not saying Psychic abilities are impossible. However, I do think the definitions of Psychic and Psi are too vague to be able to validate with the Scientific Method. Part of that may require us to elaborate on the current Scientific models in order to include phenomena like Psi into the spectrum of objective phenomena that incorporates all of the hard sciences. But it also probably means that by its very nature, the way we think of a Psychic today has no place in Physics as there is nothing tangible or empirical to measure.

Personally I think that this is because of the naivety of the definitions of Psi. If we could elaborate on the definition of Psi while also expanding the possibilities of what we consider to be genuine phenomena in Physics, then we may actually have a chance and defining the underlying mechanisms that relate to Psi.

That is all.

edit:

Click This Link and come to your own conclusions about Psi.
edit on 4/17/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
A buddy of mine is a working psychic, and does some interesting things with energy.

I once saw him recharge a car battery enough to start a car by simply holding his hand over it for a few seconds.

And yes, the car battery was dead. It was no trick.

I have tested psychics myself that were on different levels of ability. Pushing energy thru in both bodies the sender and receiver seem to be a good way to increase the probability fields so that perfect connection can happen (synchronicity).

Even at perfect synchronicity you still have the information degradation problem when the information goes from one subjective to another subjective.

Subjective message in sender -> Decoded to objective information in sender -> Transferred to objective information in receiver -> Subjective message in receiver.

2 places were the information can be distorted even if you have perfect transfer between render and receiver.
edit on 17-4-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Maybe some of the science have already started but majority of humanity is not ready to embrace it?

Orch OR

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Why wouldn't anyone be ready to embrace it?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whaler
Is there any proof of the existence of things like telepathy, clairvoyance, remote viewing, psychokinesis, and so forth?

Science and philosophy does NOT deal in 'proof/facts'!

"New study of the brain shows that facts and beliefs are processed in exactly the same way."

www.newsweek.com...

It deals in TENTATIVE theories!
And EVIDENCE!
And there is plenty of 'evidence' for what you seek!
Most (I would say ALL, but I am being a bit cautious) of us have personal experience as evidence!

There are studies done but usually flaws are found in them. Most studies of the paranormal are found to flawed in one way or another by skeptics.

The state of science today is hardly equipped to deal with the subtleties of life, and their theories are woefully poor and incapable of dealing with these natural psychic abilities in us all!
Science is fumbling around with a gram scale and demanding that precognition somehow be weighed on it, or it doesn't exist!
Remember, science (quantum mechanics) has only just recently 'discovered' the Consciousness that mystics have known for millennia!

No one ever successfully has claimed James Randi's prize for proving a paranormal ability to be real and factual.

Randi and his challenge are frauds!
He sets up his 'gram scale' and demands a reading, or nothing!
A fraud with fraudulent demands!

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

That really depends on what kind of proof that will convince you that telepathy, clairvoyance, remote viewing, psychokinesis, is very real.

Shocking enough, most people have some kind of abilities that is beyond are six senses, with enough practices one can become very good at using his or her psychic abilities.

A real psychic will not charge money for their service, psychic abilities are to be used to help mankind.

Those that charge money are fakes.

Proof will only be hearsay from a real psychic, they can tell you your darkest secretes, things that no one knows about you.

I should know, I have a good friend who called me some years ago, who knew my deceased partner, about six months after he died, my friend who is a clairvoyant asked me to think of a question that I would like to ask my deceased partner but I was not to tell her, she said I am going to call you back in three days and see if your partner has an answer for you.

Three days later my psychic friend called me, she said she had all of my deceased partner memories, she proceed to tell me about a very embarrassing argument that happened many years ago about a business decision that my partner made that I didn't agree with.

Needless to say I became so angry that I walk out of our shop and into traffic and threaten to lay down in the road. My partner at the time was screaming for me to get out of the road, I was really doing my best to hurt him emotionally, yes I know it was Juvenal.

We never told anyone about this, yet my psychic friend described the event as if she was standing there. She told me of other secrete things and I was embarrassed.

The question I wanted to know was answered. The question was is my partner buried in his hospital gown.

My partner was Jewish and had to be buried before sundown by the following day in a wooden box.

The answer was yes! But he is standing next to me often wearing a blue suit. My partner had a blue suit he used to wear when he was on sell calls.

What was wonderful about him standing next to me is, my deceased partner was in a wheelchair for seven years before he died.

This also help me to move on from my grief and gave me closer. It also proved to me that once you died all your handicaps are gone.
edit on 18-4-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Hi friend,

Glad to see you again. Thank you for sharing such a personal and bittersweet experience. It sounds like you've had an amazing life and amazing friends.

I'm curious if you had a psychic connection with him.

Sorry, I mean no disrespect, but I had to laugh at the argument you had and how you handled it. I've had disagreements like that. My husband's a vet and would get long winded when he was in the exam room, with anxious clients and techs (and me!) waiting. No amount of logic could change that, but I learned to stand just outside the door, where he could see me glaring at him in the small window, and where I would hold up and ever so slowly tear 20 dollar bills. That worked like a charm to get him to wrap it up.

It's comforting to know your partner is still with you, and will be till the end, standing and smiling.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Yes! You've brought up an excellent point. I've had a connection quite strong with a few. One is so strong that we consider ourselves to be "twin souls." We've been good friends for 34 years now, but once we had a falling out that lasted for almost 5 of those years. One typically busy day at our clinic, I was told I had a call, and looked up surprised and announced, "Oh! That's Felix!" to my bewildered staff. Yep. Plus we were living on opposite sides of the planet, with him in Switzerland and me in Arizona at the time.

On the other hand, I've been conducting experiments with my husband for 43 years and I can't get his attention if I'm jumping up and down in front of him!

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

There are three books that might interest you - written by Chris Carter, an Oxford guy -

Science & Psychic Phenomena: The Fall of the House of Skeptics

S cience & the Afterlife Experience: Evidence for the Immortality of Consciousness

and

Sci ence & the NDE: How Consciousness Survives Death

Packed full of actual experiments, reproducible ones that prove things that James Randi (who is, in my opinion, a jackass) says are impossible.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish

I'm curious if you had a psychic connection with him.

Yes!

We could almost read each other minds, I would say something like, did? and right away he would finish my sentence.

We knew what each other was thinking a lot of the time. He was my soul mate.

We were together for little over 20 years before he past away, I still miss him.

I love the $20.00 idea, I would give anything to see his face when you did that. lol
edit on 18-4-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join