It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Engineer Reveals Evidence for Advanced Ancient Civilisation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tindalos2013
a reply to: jeep3r

a reply to: jeep3r

One explanation about ancient engineering that I have heard about is that some sort of chemical was used to soften the stone.

Fawcett relates that at first he dismissed it as a "tall tale", then after hearing further accounts, as a "popular tradition" but eventually he heard another story that convinced him of the existance of this plant that can soften rock. This later story involved a man wearing spurs who, having lost his horse, was forced to walk some distance and passed through thick bush to find on the other side that his spurs had been eaten away. On discussing the matter, this man was informed that what had eaten his spurs away was the wide patch of growth of a certain plant "about a foot high, with dark reddish leaves" that he had passed through. He was told "... That's the stuff the Incas used for shaping stones. The juice will soften rock up till it's like paste. ..."

The plant that softens stone

Fascinating, so lemme get this straight what youre saying then is that the aliens, when finding themselves in places where the aliens weren't working alongside man with their ancient alien light saber cutters and lasers or couldn't do so, that they planted alien plants that has alien stone cutting powers to make up for it!?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Could you detail how they cut that monolith sarcophagus?

Perhaps you can explain how or why the holes that appeared to be cut with a hole saw blade had evidence of a core that was broken off as if it was in fact cut with a hole saw. Also the incremental grooves on the inside of the cylindrical hole is an indication of use of a hole saw.

Do you or anyone else have any detailed explanations as to how ancient civilizations could have achieved this?

I would like to hear a detailed counter arguement against that video.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct
What do you mean by "incremental grooves?" Where does that appear in the video?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I'm not thinking they used a bladed saw because of the drag and material considerations...

But if you look at how those treadwheel cranes were made in medieval times, replace the lines working the counterweights with a set or two of continous wheel pulleys that speed up the ratio. The last pulley loop can then have it's cable embedded with an abrasive or working with a prepared slurry in a wet process for the same purpose.

Basically I suspect it's very possible to have a somewhat effective wire saw (similar to that in modern masonry) built with fairly primitive bronze-age level technology.

Alternately a much simpler wiresaw could be implemented with a man pulling on each end.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: Byrd

Well ... you didn't apply the phrase "Settled Science" ... but I can wait. LOL

You'll have a long wait. The wonderful thing about science is that it's "CSI Earth." There's always more to learn.

If everything was as 'Egyptologists' claim ... why were there any 'discoveries' made at Giza? Why was entrance forced?

Erm... could you clarify? Entrance was forced into there several times; the first successful one was Caliph Al Ma-mun in 825 and he attacked the place where the entrance was traditionally said to be. It was entered many times after that (however, it had apparently been looted even before the Caliph got there.) It wasn't the Egyptologists who forced the entrance (Egyptology wasn't a discipline back then.)

They're constantly making discoveries there.

Every historical statement about megalithic structures is 'made up'.

Perhaps you might clarify what you mean by "megalithic structure" - are you including the howes, the Parthenon, the Cathedral at Rheims, Hadrian's Wall, the Great Wall of China -- what precisely do you mean? Those are all huge stone structures and are covered under "megalithic" so i'm not sure what period you mean and whose stonework.

Could you explain?

People were duped by the scientific community way back when

Back... in what time period?

Yes, I'm serious. You seem to have some idea of when this duplicity might have started and in what parts of the world (or do you mean it was global)? I'd like to discuss it with you but as folks know, I really am horribly literal-minded and don't want to assume something on your behalf.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
I think this is the general problem with the study of ancient cultures (lack of engineers and other specialized experts involved with theorizing what happened) . I have seen this evidence before and believe many to be machine tool marks. That said, it doesn't mean they were electric powered or alien technology, just machines (spinning abrasive discs, saws etc.).

The Machu Pichu stonework however is of another kind in my opinion. Not machined. Something lost to modern man.

If people looked at our tools after a thousand years, they would think we didn't have steel tools since it would all be rusted away.

But the small diamonds embedded in the steel that did the actual cutting, where are they? Rusted away? Lolz

Do you people even realize how hard granite is? Do you guys realize what it takes to cut a 20X7 foot chunk of granite with that precision?

I think the video make a very strong case and has yet to be even remotely countered adequately.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Quite a lot of interesting discussion here, but here's my input.

1. Why do people think our ancestors were unable to do what they did? Why, when we come across something we don't understand, do we automatically think that our ancestors "could not have done it"!
2. Everyone assumes that these ancient buildings are perfect. They are not. Aliens or "advanced" civilisations should have at least been able to build things square!

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
What do you mean by "incremental grooves?" Where does that appear in the video?

15:20

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: pauljs75
I'm not thinking they used a bladed saw because of the drag and material considerations...

But if you look at how those treadwheel cranes were made in medieval times, replace the lines working the counterweights with a set or two of continous wheel pulleys that speed up the ratio. The last pulley loop can then have it's cable embedded with an abrasive or working with a prepared slurry in a wet process for the same purpose.

Basically I suspect it's very possible to have a somewhat effective wire saw (similar to that in modern masonry) built with fairly primitive bronze-age level technology.

Alternately a much simpler wiresaw could be implemented with a man pulling on each end.
what material would the wire be made from? How would they cut inside right angles?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Thanks.

But if an abrasive powder had been used with soft copper saws and drills, it is highly probable that pieces of abrasive would have been forced into the metal, where they might have remained for some time, and any such accidental and temporary teeth would have produced the same effect as intentional and permanent ones.

source

How would they cut inside right angles?
With a chisel.

edit on 4/18/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Does any of the tools found have "abrasive powder" or perhaps diamond bits embedded in them? Surly these would be the only ones that could last long enough to do any sort of damage and so therefore would be the most likely tool to be burried with its owner.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Thanks.

But if an abrasive powder had been used with soft copper saws and drills, it is highly probable that pieces of abrasive would have been forced into the metal, where they might have remained for some time, and any such accidental and temporary teeth would have produced the same effect as intentional and permanent ones.

source

With a chisel.
what was the chisel made from to chisel granite?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
A good read.

After doing some Googling of my own, watching a few Youtube videos, I am more inclined to go with the explination on this site. I have been doing a lot of thinking on this subject for some time now and I agree with someone who posted earlier. Our ancestors didnt have much to do other than figure out how to do things. I am curious about that stone softening plant. I need to research that one ab it more. I dont think that aliens visited us long ago and helped/made us build these things. Why not colonize earth while they were here? If they could fly 9876598759495065 light years to get here they must have had a reason. Surely isnt wasnt to .. probe us ,.. for information. >.> .. (Bad joke I know) To make the trip viable they would at least have been here out of curiosity and left something like a rover or beacon. Not saying they didint but thats the kind of proof I would need. Not shapes or painting in stone work so long ago that are so hard to decipher we are debating over them thousands of years later. There was a modern who built something out of coral (way before my time) and there was a video showing how he did it and it blew peoples minds because of how simple the tools were ... not sure where it is on the hardness scales compared to granite though.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Does any of the tools found have "abrasive powder" or perhaps diamond bits embedded in them?
Have any advanced tools been found?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Thanks.

source

With a chisel.
what was the chisel made from to chisel granite?

Bronze, probably with a harder cutting point. To dress up the corners. It would be slow, but effective.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Not sure I did this correctly. But this man used simple machines althought they were probably built better than the ones our ancients used, If he could do it I dont see why our ancestors couldnt.
edit on 4/18/16 by DeviantMortal because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/18/16 by DeviantMortal because: 1st attempt at linking YT video failed, fixed.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Does any of the tools found have "abrasive powder" or perhaps diamond bits embedded in them?
Have any advanced tools been found?

No. But that doesnt answer my question.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Ok. To answer your question, I don't know.

But since you answered mine to the negative, why do you assume advanced tools were used since none have been found?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
If things like this can be chiseled by hand with such fine detail and precision...

Then I think it's pretty safe to say that, so too, can precision be accomplished with straight lines and inside right angles.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Ok. To answer your question, I don't know.

But since you answered mine to the negative, why do you assume advanced tools were used since none have been found?

Evidence of what appears to be saw blade marks on stone shown many times in the video. The hole saw evidence. And those small obsedian and mountain crystal objects.

The ancients simply didnt have the capability to cut granite or obsedian or mountain crystal like that. Yet the evidence that the stone was in fact cut is pretty well established. Im not saying aliens........but, aliens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join