It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change HOAX Exposed by Geologist to the UK Government

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I don't understand climate change deniers. Why are they so passionate about it?

Even if climate change doesn't exist, pollution and its consequences on health DO exist. All the crap we put into the air is harmful, whether it is causing the climate to be warmer or not is irrelevant.

We still need to stop polluting the planet with fossil fuels, fracking, factory farming, and all the other garbage things we are doing. If we don't, the air everywhere wont be breathable whether it's in a tropical or frigid climate.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

originally posted by: gator2001

The science won a Nobel prize and still stands.

Yeah, and Obama won a Nobel prize for peace. What's your point?
The science is debatable and even questionable.
edit on 18-4-2016 by gator2001 because: Code edit

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Im reading both sides of this and im unconvinced either way, Governments are definitely laying out carbon taxes as a way to fund a new global government. So, you cant trust what they or their scuentusts say. Otoh, the global energy giants also have a vested interest to deny anything is going on, and that makes the scientists they fund lack credibility as well.

Ive looked over numerous data sets found on the web and have drawn the following conclusions...but im not a scientist. Overall, things have been getting a small bit warmer. There is more co2 in the air, but there have been periods of higher co2. The world began warming after the last little ice age, before industrialization, though warming has increased since then. There is a correlation between temperature and co2 but temperature rise actual preceded co2 rise in the last 200 years. However, co2 may provide some feedback effect regarding temperature. It does not look to be a direct cause of warming but may be involved in some part of it.

Plants grow faster with more co2, and produce more oxygen. The earths climate is in a constant state of flux -- there is no such thing as not having climate change ever, in the history of earth.

My conclusion? It would be best to switch off of fossil fuels but impending disaster is unlikely. Im sure thats too nuanced in this age of youre either for something or against it. The problem is who can you trust. Everyone has a political position on this issue. I cant trust anyone that has a political position on this topic.

Also, as i said before, Im not a scientist, so my conclusions could be totally wrong. I dont however have a political position on this core topic. I do think its still a good idea to switch to true renewable energies (not nuclear). I also think that carbon taxes are a fraud, no matter the truth of the climate debate. They do not address the problem if there is one, and that makes me very dubious.
edit on 18-4-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Uh, you do know Ian Plimer is a big coal man?

He is protecting his personal business and investment portfolios by saying we should BURN MORE COAL! NOT LESS COAL!

The guy is a schill:

Plimer is the former non-executive director of CBH Resources Limited from 1998 to 2010, former non-executive director of Angel Mining plc from 2003 to 2005, former director of Kimberley Metals Limited from 2008 to 2009, former director of KBL Mining Limited from 2008 to 2009 and former director of Ormil Energy Limited from 2010 to 2011.[3][16]

He is currently the non-executive deputy chairman of KEFI Minerals since 2006,[17] independent non-executive director of Ivanhoe Australia Limited since 2007,[18] chairman of TNT Mines Limited since 2010,[11][19] non-executive director of Niuminco Group Limited (formerly DSF International Holdings Limited) since 2011,[20][21] and non-executive director of Silver City Minerals Limited since 2011.[3][16][22][23][24] Plimer was appointed director of Roy Hill Holdings and Queensland Coal Investments in 2012.[25]

According to a columnist in The Age, Plimer earned over $400,000 (AUD) from several of these companies, and he has mining shares and options worth hundreds of thousands of Australian dollars

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Yep thats about it. Once the Lib say it's true all other talk is from deniers, nuts and evil capitalist.

Standard rection on ALL subjects.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Wow. This thread is just a great snapshot of the current level of ignorance displayed on ATS.

Some people are so desperate for their to be a conspiracy or so paranoid about government that they will take the words of a man with no evidence, a vested interest in fossil fuels and a track record of ridiculous claims OVER the hundreds/thousands of reputable scientists in the world who say otherwise.

That's all it takes for you to cry hoax and bullsh1t? The words gullible and desperate spring to mind.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

First off, it's Plimer, not Pilmer.

Secondly, he's a Mining Geologist, he's nothing near the calibre of geological science we should be listening to on issues of global warming and the study of that data.

Thirdly, he's refused to confront criticism and several accusations of misrepresenting data.

Here's the thing, the guy is making a hell of a lot of money out of being a climate change skeptic, while refusing to confront valid questions over his analysis of data. When you compare the information he claims proves his points to the ACTUAL data available to all scientists and geologists all around the world, it's absolutely clear that he's cherry-picking the data he likes, the things which support his notions and claims, while rejecting and ignoring anything he can't weave into his "conspiracy".

I have actually gone back and forth on this issue before, I believed people like him once, until I actually looked at the data, looked at the information these propagandists were presenting, seeing that it was wholly inaccurate and carefully selected to support their money-making books and videos, and I made the rational choice to believe a thousand actual Geologists and Climate scientists over the random liar wanting to cash in by presenting junk science as valid.

I would recommend that anyone here who actually has a scientific and rational mind when it comes to this do a little Googling and find out more about these individuals before you believe their latest YouTube nonsense or the claims in their latest book. You'll soon find that their "science" falls far below acceptable standards and the so called "evidence" they offer for their beliefs have been repeatedly debunked by hundreds of minds far brighter than theirs.

This man is really no different to the anti-Vaccination propagandists, they're all preying on the weak-minded and easily duped to make a lot of money for themselves, and they get away with it because people are lazy and would rather watch a YouTube video telling them what they want to hear than consider any actual science for themselves.

I don't know anything about this guy...but. In the government's attack on global warming, it will take greater control of the people and business while raking in tons of money to "solve" the problem. Considering the government only exists and grows by doing exactly what they say they must to fight global warming...I call bull crap!

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Finally, a scientist who wants to ignore reality. We now live in the Anthropocene era, and it really does not matter if we ignore the truth or not. Continue with business as usual and Mother Earth will stamp us out like every living thing we've decimated or driven extinct. Mother Earth is at the top of the food chain, not humans. You might think mankind has nothing to worry about. But we are at a tipping point, well past debate... Racing Extinction.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: primespickle
I don't understand climate change deniers. Why are they so passionate about it?

They hate the consequences, and instead of saying "Yeah, I don't care, I'm an ass and screw the next generation and civilization after that" they can think they are fighting for something righteous and misunderstood.

The righteous rebel is a popular and appealing piece of identity.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dismanrc

Scientists, especially physical scientists like the ones we're talking about, weren't always the "liberals". That only started when the US conservatives became much more anti-science and aggressive in their ignorance.

Global warming from human greenhouse effect has been considered among scientists for literally a hundred years. Roger Revelle, in 1968, wrote something in a report to the President about the possibilty of global warming from fossil fuel emissions, and even with a crude "back of the envelope" calculation, was pretty right about the prediction. He got most of his and his institution's funding from the US Navy.

edit on 18-4-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

The science won a Nobel prize and still stands.

Yeah, and Obama won a Nobel prize for peace. What's your point?

The standards for a Nobel Prize in Chemistry are pretty different from a Nobel Memorial Prize in Peace.

The science is debatable and even questionable.

Really? On CFC aerosols and the contribution to the ozone hole?

I await your link to a comprehensive review article.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa
Finally, a scientist who wants to ignore reality. We now live in the Anthropocene era, and it really does not matter if we ignore the truth or not. Continue with business as usual and Mother Earth will stamp us out like every living thing we've decimated or driven extinct. Mother Earth is at the top of the food chain, not humans.

By "Mother Earth", substitute "confirmed laws of physics and chemistry".

You might think mankind has nothing to worry about. But we are at a tipping point, well past debate... Racing Extinction.

edit on 18-4-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The release of carbon resulting in catastrophic climate change for biological life on this planet is well understood - it has happened in the past, and has resulted in extinction for the majority of advanced life forms - only difference is the carbon was usually ejected by volcanoes as opposed to human activity, but the results are the same - Raising of the average global temperature, more extreme weather patterns, ocean acidification etc etc. Our problem is much more complicated then JUST carbon, though.

With modern industrialization, we have truly opened pandora's box. That which allows us to soar to such great heights may also be our greatest downfall. A world economy based on exponential growth (Most first world nations shoot for around .1% rate of growth) is completely unsustainable. Africa and many parts of the Middle East are set to double there populations in a very short period of time(A high number of poor, uneducated, and young citizens results in a population boom).

With every successive birth, the new additions to the population require additional resources - jobs, infrastructure, etc. Around 1800 the human population first reached 1 billion. We are over 7 billion now and the average person consumes many more resources then those in 1800 ,with no real signs of slowing down. We wouldn't be the first species to consume ourselves to extinction, and to believe otherwise is highly naive.

I really do get why people don't want to believe it - I sure as hell don't, but it doesn't change the actual facts of the situation, and they are grim. I can garuntee you the world powers completely understand the upcoming situation - there is no way they do not - as soon as there is serious global food interruption, there will be a war that makes all the other wars look like JV flag football practice, and if you look closely, you can see the nations positioning themselves in preparation.

Nature won't get a chance to kill us, i believe we'll kill ourselves off well before the climate gets a chance.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim
Wow. This thread is just a great snapshot of the current level of ignorance displayed on ATS.

Some people are so desperate for their to be a conspiracy or so paranoid about government that they will take the words of a man with no evidence, a vested interest in fossil fuels and a track record of ridiculous claims OVER the hundreds/thousands of reputable scientists in the world who say otherwise.

That's all it takes for you to cry hoax and bullsh1t? The words gullible and desperate spring to mind.

Gullible and desperate ?

We just are sick to death of all the fear mongering and the fact the ocean hasn't moved one mm yet.

How do you explain that ????

And why is it that its so important to believe the Apocalypse is upon us, and we must all do something (nothing) about it but pay some money......

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Fear mongering....nice buzz words there.

It's funny how you cry its all about the money, yet ignore the vested interests that the 'experts' who refute man made climate change have with the fossil fuel industries.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
Gullible and desperate ?

We just are sick to death of all the fear mongering and the fact the ocean hasn't moved one mm yet.

How do you explain that ????

And why is it that its so important to believe the Apocalypse is upon us, and we must all do something (nothing) about it but pay some money......

Fact? Really? It's a FACT that the ocean hasn't moved one mm? Since you are claiming this fact, care to provide some proof that it hasn't moved, in your words, 1mm. Put up or shut up.

Gullible and desperate for believing the OP's post actually has any proof in in whatsoever. Despite his clear and ridiculous historical claims and obvious connections you still believe everything he says just because it fits with your own agenda.

What part of that is denying ignorance?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Why doesn't all of ATS environmentalists form a team and sell everything they have putting all of their money into a kitty.

Then take that money to Al Gore and his 'scientists' who stated that ALL ICE WAS TO MELT BY THE END OF 2014 !!!.

Don't worry environmentalists, Mother Gaia will be right behind you as you goose step over the heads of every politician and military guy that doesn't agree with you.

Military because every one of their transport vehicles spews out CO2.

So go ahead, prove your strength in the real world oh Mighty Keyboard Warriors.

i am sure i just heard a pin drop onto some grass that is still in the Amazon rain forest.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Was the video helpful to you in understanding why sediment layers can be found in mountains?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
Why doesn't all of ATS environmentalists form a team and sell everything they have putting all of their money into a kitty.

Then take that money to Al Gore and his 'scientists' who stated that ALL ICE WAS TO MELT BY THE END OF 2014 !!!.

Don't worry environmentalists, Mother Gaia will be right behind you as you goose step over the heads of every politician and military guy that doesn't agree with you.

Military because every one of their transport vehicles spews out CO2.

So go ahead, prove your strength in the real world oh Mighty Keyboard Warriors.

i am sure i just heard a pin drop onto some grass that is still in the Amazon rain forest.

Are you just a little bit upset that you were gullible enough to believe the OP.

originally posted by: Rapha
Hali - freeking - luila.

Finally, a geologist who has knowledge of world-wide evidence that proves that the sea has risen and sunk countless times in the past even before mankind invented fire.

Oh dear... time for you to have a rethink. How poor must your argument be if this guy was your knowledgable geologist who came to prove your nonsense.

Here's some more information about your saviour www.exposethebastards.com... Perhaps you should consider all angles before you post blindly, it seems to have shown you up this time.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi & SudoNim

Now go and goose step your awesome knowledge to the politicians, ruling elite and military worldwide oh Mighty Keyboard Warriors.

Here, the information is worthless and does nothing.

Don't worry, i am sure ATS members will gladly carry open sacks to catch your body parts as they fly through the air after the elite finish you off.

Go on - do it. Mother Gaia is right behind you in total support.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join