It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange things in the northwest coast

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Just the usual from mine here, though I'm still further Inland NW for the moment. Good thread to observe anyway.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Absolutely gorgeous.. i moved here 5 months ago after living in Chicago for 31 years... I guess you could say, best decision ever, especially considering the mess that is Chicago right now... Days like today just keep you outside smiling..

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
DP
edit on 17-4-2016 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

They detect the minor tremors associated with lo level seismic activity better than we do. After all they have four feet in direct contact, we have only two.

Should be easy to determine if there is any even remotely infinitesimal glitches on detection station readouts…(?)

Otherwise, they are probably disturbed by something else.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I'm still hoping on bears. We get them from time to time. We also get coyotes, but they are just a pest more than anything.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

earthquaketrack.com...

I went there (see above)

Quiet.

Too quiet!

0_o

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I live west of Seattle as well. Everything normal. Ravens cackling as usual.

In the earthquake before last (Not Nisqually, but the one that broke the viaduct) I had a siamese who had just had four kittens. She was very restless and pacing around, not her usual self. The earthquake hit, then she settled down and nursed her kittens. I even called KOMO-TV to report it, but they were more concerned with interviewing a guy who had just come out of a 7-11 to buy beer on what his impressions were.

They weren't interested in my cat, whose name was Epicenter.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Epicenter, what a great name for a kitty. Let's hope the epicenter is nowhere near you!

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

That's a cool name for a cat. Ours are called Lumpy and Flea.

I looked in on them and they are highly unconcerned.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I am in Santa Monica. Every time before things start to shake my dog, Penny freaks out. I always know something is going on.
Penny Pooch

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Japan has just taken a couple of big hits so what's the chances of a tsunami coming your way? How long would it take for one to cross the pacific?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Live Earthquake map
edit on 4 17 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4 17 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

earthquaketrack.com...

I went there (see above)

Quiet.

Too quiet!

0_o

I keep checking in to see if you are okay. Of course, no news is hard to interpret, so I'm keeping an eye on the earthquake sites as well. It's that comment about things being a beautiful day and at the same time, "too quiet"...

The reason for the second post is that I do agree that you have something strange going on that may not have an answer, but I also had an awful thought and hesitate to share it, but have you checked in on your neighbors?

edit on 17-4-2016 by ClownFish because: Redundant line

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
You mustn't offend your feline overlords, human. Tuna. Now.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That's a cool name for a cat. Ours are called Lumpy and Flea.

I looked in on them and they are highly unconcerned.

If the cats are unconcerned you are probably safe for now.
Hopefully all will stay tranquil and beautiful. I envy you guys that live up there- absolutely gorgeous region!

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Perhaps it's just my imagination but my bearded collie is now acting strange an I'm in the Rio Grande valley high desert!!
And he just peed in the house. Not like him at all!!

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12And what's that supposed to show? A few hours ago a 5.7 off Ecuador.
I told you Japan had a 7.2 yesterday and similar sized ones are expected.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Well, let's just hope your dogs are being weird just to be weird.

Has your area EVER had a large EQ?

And, what CaDreamer said...are any other animals acting weird?
LIke have the birds all cleared the area....like here, being a nice sunny day, they are singing and quite noisy.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Sorry, I just posted a link to show the latest earthquakes.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Epicenter, what a great name for a kitty. Let's hope the epicenter is nowhere near you!

Last time, for the Nisqually quake (2001), I was just south of Tacoma so pretty close, maybe 15-20 miles away, in a building that did some serious swaying. After we all crawled out from beneath our desks they decided to evacuate the building in case of any damage. (These were all professional adults, mind you.) One gal said, "But I have to go potty!" and the oldest guy there said, "I think I just did!" I ran an extensive nine-site WAN with several hundred PCs and an ISP service for 30,000 customers at the time. All communications went down, including cell phones (which were just overloaded), but my Internet service stayed up the entire time!
edit on 4/17/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join