It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NY Democratic Debate: MSM vs. Real NYC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
So I watched the debate a few days ago, and it was pretty sickening and downright frustrating. It was clear that Bernie dominated Clinton, and morever, provided clear evidence that Hillary uses a ton of words to avoid a question.

The media used every tool possible ( including that moron Wolf Blitzer ) to make it appear that Hillary was the clear favorite.

Well. I'm from NYC and without realizing it I figured that I've spoken to about 50 or 60 people about the elections. From all ages and backgrounds.
There were plenty of Trump supporters, even a few Cruz or Kasich fans. The overwhelming majority supported Sanders. And not a single person said they were behind Hillary. If anything, most people had nasty things to say about Hillary because they're actually aware of her gruesome record.

Insinuating that NYers love Clinton because she held a Senate position here is nonsense. During her Senator years, there was a very popular bumper sticker that said GO HOME HILLARY.

The next morning I opened up Newsday to read an editorial saying that Newsday fully supports Hillary Clinton. ::face palm::

Basically I'm just providing another example of how the media distorts reality. The people have spoken. But they fall upon deaf ears.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I don't understand it either. It's goes to show you just how rigged the system is.

I am from central Ohio where Hillary won and yet I have NEVER met one single Hillary supporter. Not a single one. I have met many Bernie supporters, SO MANY Bernie supporters. I don't understand it.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

It IS a mystery.

She doesn't have much of a demo left.

Bernie is taking her women supporters.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

In Ohio and same thing. I don't believe the results were correct for a second.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
So, then, what will we do as a nation?

Its been a sham since Bush. His daddy was stealing elections back in 80, but that was through other dirty tricks. This, at least, doesn't requires us to have some of our citizens taken hostage. Of course, when they do that now they just kill them. Same people as before....just a different decade.

If we serously knew the breadth and depth of what our government has done, I think we'd likely be holding mass executions before it was all said and done.

A day of reckoning is likely coming. A good example: Congress is wanting to rattle the cage of Saudi Arabia over 9/11. How long till US Citizens start seeing it for the double cross it is?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
... How much does it actually cost to conduct a survey?

And I suppose, as absurd as it sometimes seems, Hillary reall must have some supporters, otherwise the Sanders ground team would be pointing out that in all the doors they've knocked and houses they've called, no one was pro-Hillary.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
We don't run the media. They do. They will always win unless we, as a nation, water the tree.
Period.

Sorry but the way I see it, there is nothing we are going to do.
No one wants a real change.

Why do I say that, you ask?

Because real change would require real struggle. Real change would require an overthrow of epic proportions. Total economic upheaval and destruction worldwide. Complete elimination of the very people who have been handed our hard-earned money for generations and spent every penny of it decades ahead of even receiving it. Complete overhaul and installation of people who can't be corrupted by money. (that may not even be possible, just hand someone $100k and see how fast they change)

We all need to look around. Do you think people want to fend for themselves? Do you think anyone could actually handle it? Survival isn't what the television glorifies it as. Survival doesn't mean fighting zombies and smiling for the camera. It means no money, no groceries, no jobs, no gasoline, no electricity, no medicines, nothing. It means constant fear of starving, dehydration, or death and disease.

I don't think half of the people rooting for change truly comprehend the amount of convenience they have in their lives because of the system they want to change so bad. Why do you think all the videos of politicians and those in power call the people "useless feeders"? Or cattle? Because they know the game is rigged. It is rigged to benefit them and we sit in our cage and do exactly as we are told.

It's a big game and the plan is to keep us in check. The media game is doing it's job. The government bought and paid for it decades ago and will never relinquish power again. I shake my head at those who think we are going to somehow change what has been planned a long time ago with our own money. (which is robbed from us in the form of taxes and used to control us and if we fight back we go to prison...huh go figure)

Sorry the coffee is kicking in this morning and this post just got me going.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

For me, i don't know a single Hillary supporter. I know quite a few Bernie supporters.

I mean, anecdotal evidence isn't much, granted. But this appears to be a real thing.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Does ATS do polls anymore? I haven't seen one in a while.

Would be interesting from an anonymous standpoint where ATS stands on the four top candidates, Trump/Cruz/Bernie/Hillary.

Ugh, I can't believe I just used those four names in the same sentence with "top candidates"...smh

On second thought, it may be pointless as ATS has a large, worldwide member base.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I seem to remember it being something along the lines of Bernie>Trump>Hillary>Cruz, with Sanders and Trump having a fairly close margin, the other two only having between 0-3 supporters. (Hillary had one or two. I'm not sure Cruz has anyone on ATS who likes him at the moment.)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn

I seem to remember it being something along the lines of Bernie>Trump>Hillary>Cruz, with Sanders and Trump having a fairly close margin, the other two only having between 0-3 supporters. (Hillary had one or two. I'm not sure Cruz has anyone on ATS who likes him at the moment.)

So there was an ATS poll? Well crap on a cracker, I must have missed it.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

The MSM has been supporting Hillary since day one. I even thought Bernie one their first debate, yet the MSM declared Hillary was the winner. Nothing has changed.

I'm hoping Bernie takes New York and Pennsylvania. That will be a huge blow to Hillary. Right now they say Hillary has a double digit lead in New York, but you have to wonder if the MSM is twisting the polling results to help persuade voters to vote for Hillary. They've been proven wrong before.

You just don't know who or what to believe anymore!

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I know some extended family that like Hillary Clinton. We're not very close.

I also see bumper stickers occasionally. When I drive past I like to wave to them....with my middle finger!

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I watched too. I am voting for Hillary. Well have already actually. Our primary was on super Tuesday.
I thought Bernie was very strong and some of his ideas caught my attention.
I wouldn't say he dominated Hillary though.
Both ran overtime, both interrupted, and both I'm afraid evaded a topic or minced words but both also seemed prepared to talk about the issues. Both seemed up to date on state and global concerns. Bernie may have burned a few Jewish butts with his comments on Palestine. Hillary evaded the transcript issue.
I doubt either side convinced any voters to switch allegiance. I did see common ground that could be used to unite the party come November.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous

Why what did they personally do to you? No really what did the person driving the car do? What if they borrowed someone else's car? What if the driver was a cop???

So maybe just ignore the bumper sticker before it becomes tire slashing. Lol. Kidding of course.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

As you were, I was joking too.

I only flip people off when they really deserve it, like if I let them over and they don't wave a thanks!

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous

That's good. Ya never know who has a handgun on the seat next to them these days. At least that's what my husband tells me when I get ready to shake a fist at another driver. Lol.

new topics

top topics

join