It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stellaris

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
www.stellarisgame.com...
Saw this pop up a while back and have kept my eye on it, we are nearing the release date so I figured I'd make a thread;

Stellaris looks like the next kick ass 4x game, graphics look great, seems to have a lot of new innovative feature, combat looks a lil boring but I could be wrong. Maybe I shold find some gameplay vids.

Actually found a link just now where Paradox gives a 40 minute presentation

www.pcgamer.com...

and here is the trailer;

I think the game will really shine in multiplayer, up to 32 ppl, not to mention the game is suppose to have an advanced dipolmacy system, an enormous prodecural galaxies, many different unique species, ship designer of course, I really like how ships would scan the planets, a nice touch to the eye candy as well.

Pretty sure I'll get this on the 9th, if not sooner.
edit on 17-4-2016 by Lysergic because: blorg

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic
Hope you don't mind me bringing them up, but by the same studio(Paradox Interactive) two other games are being made, Tyranny and Hearts of Iron 4(HOI4). The latter is due for release June 6, 2016(D-Day) and is focused on World War 2(1936-1948) and Tyranny, well is different. I have mixed opinions of Stellaris personally. But the two mentioned are definitely on a wishlist.

Just watched your video. Looks amazing. For whatever reason I thought it would be like Europa Universalis 4 which although a great game, is missing something for me. This one seems more tense and I'm wondering how long before a Star Trek or Star Wars mod comes about if at all possible. Which makes me ask, do you think diplomacy will be like the Star Treks 90s series? Will it really be high tension as you see ships never seen before? Will it be possible they will attack before anything else?
edit on 17-4-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I only heard about Stellaris recently, having subscribed to Paradox Interactive's newsletters to receive more news about Tyranny. (which sounds amazing and I'm hoping they do an awesome job with it!)

I've tried space 4x games a few times now, and just... never get into them. I'm not sure what it is. It's something I desire, big massive galaxies at my finger tips, my own ship/s, exploration, etc. But... I don't know. Knowing myself, however, I will likely be the proud owner of Stellaris... during one of Steams many sales. I mean, surely one of these space 4x games will ring true to me one of these days! It could be Stellaris!

edit on 17 4 2016 by kaelci because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

last couple or 3, 4x space games i played were mehish, thas why I am hoping Stellaris will fill the void, watched some devs play Stellaris but as I clicked through their video didn't see them engaging in combat yet.

love the make space great again hat.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

You know, both of those actually look really good.

Will have to keep an eye on them.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I agree. My friend and I plan on changing history. He will be playing Germany and I the USA and we will be allies. I invade Canada and later the UK and then move for the rest of the America's. Should be interesting.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

NICE. Long, long time lurker here. Stellaris looks amazing. You guys see this game, yet? mjolnirsoftware.com...

I can't find a lot about it, but the art is great.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
yep - looks very awesome. i could not get into any 4x4 space game for a long time but something about this one looks just right.
i tried "endless space" but i fell asleep each time i fired it up. to be honest same is true for any space game lately.
i´m not sure how i managed to play eve online for 700+hours... lol

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Okay found some decent combat footage, if you go to 13:30ish mark in the video you'll see combat and how it plays out, apparently you can't give commands to individual ships, but the combat still looks great.

holy crap

Galactic Robot Rebellions confirmed

edit on 17-4-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Oooooh! That video looks promising...
Also, LOL - "These objects have been flagged as 'fairies' until we can learn more about them" xD

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Ok so I ended up watching all of the Paradox devs thursday streams.

Pretty good info, and to be honest, in the first episode they went over a lot of the details of the game, for those who are interested I'lll link below, I ended up watching them all :p

I find Martin "Wiz" Anward to be hilarious in his own way.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
3 more days, can't wait.

They had put up a multiplayer 7 parter... watched some...

Can't wait to scheme in multiplayer.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

It's going to be released in a few days!

I'm still eyeing it on Steam. But, will be good and wait til a sale. Maybe.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

They got me w the preorder, always like having more types of alien civilizations around

I try to avoid pre-ordering, but hey its a game not from EA.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
15 min til launch

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   

How do you like it??

I've been watching the Steam reviews light up! Lots of people approving so far... surprisingly a decent amount of ~informative~ reviews that actually tell me about the game also, not just "hurr durr something funny durr 10/10"

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
In space only my upstairs neighbors can hear me scream...

I'd been playing the same game for about a week, would come home get off work, play few hours, troll post on ATS for a few, pass out.

Well maybe 15 hours into same game...

Human Syndicate;
Fanatic Militarist and also Materialistic.

So far I'm the biggest kid on the block, got some stupid Avian folks on my borders a few fungi and one reptilian and one mammalian. The honourbound warriors respect my might... AS THEY SHOULD.

I'm winning the arms race, rail guns and some sort of weird lighting gun I got from researching organic alien ships I had defeated. blah blah right?

Then I send out more science ships to survey, I'm in a spiral arm galaxy, so I jump the across the void into the next arm....

This is where life for Humanity begins to end.

It's a fallen empire, Stagnate Ascendancy, Millitary Isolationist... My borders have crept too close for them so they declare war upon me.... Well not exactly. First they asked me to give up Alpha Centauri, Sirius and they now deemed Sol is theirs, and they would spare me If I were to vacate these planets.

Upon accepting it would be a great humiliation to the Humans of the Human Syndicate.... We got 50 ships in our fleet, suck some eggs alien scum!

I know now, fist, can be a verb.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I ran into the Birdman of the Universe;

Gunna teach me some respeck, pleighboi.

Blind jumping via wormhole tech is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you gunna git. Sometimes its a Fallen Empire who greatly dwarf your previously thought superior powah!

Ohh and technically they are at war with everyone near me, yet only I get the massive fleets named Murder 1, Murder 2, Murder 3, Murder 4, ad naseum.
edit on 13-5-2016 by Lysergic because: so much super aids so little time

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
finally don't suck anymore.

I shoulda took some screens, now I got new problems, something called Prethoryn Scourge.

Some sort of Organic ships from another galaxy or dimension, devour everything and they are like the Zerg, a giant queen spawns massive fleets.

Barely was able to hold it down and push them back, now they have just a few pockets scattered across the galaxy but I can't reach them due to soon to be conquered empires

Game kicks asscots for anyone still thinking about it.

I like how events keep popping off, its not like many 4x where end game is a bore.

Oh this is our new friend;

edit on 21-5-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Uhh, well screen shot is older than I thought, but look you see those douches? They are all dead over there, literally maybe have one or two stars spread apart... theres one in that damn Reyubb union, and Reyubb joined an alliance before I could invite them to my federation... so guess they'll make good slaves.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join