It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game of Thrones - Season 6

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The past two episodes though...what a payoff!!! I mean, they could end it right now, and we'd be sated I think....

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

No. No. No.

I wouldn't be able to withstand the withdrawal.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
LOL, just saying that so far, the things we wanted, we got...

Arya going down her list
Dragon lady on the way to Westeros with all 3 dragons, a fleet, and a lot of warriors
Jon back to life, and in charge of Winterfel
Sansa and Jon reunited
Bran come into his power
High Sparrow dead
Cersei's revenge
Death of King Whiny Pants
Sam to become a Meister
Death of the Old Meister in KL

Now we just need:
Bran to reunite with Jon and Sansa
Littlefinger's comeuppance
Tyrion to learn he's a Targaryen
Jon and Dany on the Iron Throne

Then all will be well!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Yeah but who could have guessed they would make Jon the King of the North??? Wow...that one came out of left field. And with Tyrion telling Dany to leave Dario behind because she needs to marry someone local...well, doesn't take too much speculation to figure out where that's going now, eh? And yes, I realize she is his aunt...but considering Targaryan's married their sisters, at least she isn't THAT close....

Next season is going to be REALLY interesting.... I'm also hoping they don't end the show next season.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
"Jon, we must marry"
"Auntie Dany?"

LOL

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
"Jon, we must marry"
"Auntie Dany?"

LOL

Oh, I totally agree.... But it's not like GoT hasn't crossed into controversial territory a time or three....so why not???

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Well, the whole story is probably about GRRM wanting to get with his sister, so who knows? LOL.... Well, maybe not, but sure seems like a lot of it in the story...guess it was kind of rampant during the time the series is based from. (War of the Roses).

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well this answered my question about whether the show will move beyond the 7 books/seasons because of the cult following or viewership it's gained....

The pieces are on the board now. Some of the pieces have been removed from the board and we are heading toward the end game. The thing that has excited us from the beginning, back to the way we pitched it to HBO is, it’s not supposed to be an ongoing show, where every season it’s trying to figure out new story lines. We wanted it to be one giant story, without padding it out to add an extra 10 hours, or because people are still watching it. We wanted to something where, if people watched it end to end, it would make sense as one continuous story. We’re definitely heading into the end game now.

They are saying they wanted to run the show between 70-75 total hours. They are at 60 right now... So either the next season will be long or they will break the remaining episodes into two short seasons.
edit on 28-6-2016 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Bah, let's hope we can still get two more full seasons at least. I think trying to tie it up in 13 is maybe too little time to really flesh it out well. 2 seasons though, should be enough to do it justice.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Any news on the last book?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

The latest news is January 2017 at the earliest.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Your al forgeting about the white walkers. Winter is coming.
edit on 30-6-2016 by crayzeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

GRRM is a curious cat with his publishers pretty much under his thumb. I would predict that he never writes the very last book, not because he dies, or can't, but because he'll never want it to end.

According to insider info, GRRM hates confirming fan theories, and is constantly scrambling to change his plot lines to surprise readers. So the more fans theorize and get things right, the longer it will take him to finish the books.

I've heard an unconfirmed rumor that some of the released chapters for "Winds of Winter" will be changed by the time it's actually released; with GRRM releasing them to get his publishers to calm down, and also to maybe trip up theorists.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
It's not like GRRM is especially crafty with his plotlines or surprises. They aren't overly sophisticated. Kind of like the Arya Fight Club theory. While I theorized the show runners COULD be that obtuse...we mostly agreed GRRM simply wasn't.

Like any artist, it's hard to just "command" someone to do art. They have to feel it, and since he's put out other works since, he obviously just wasn't "feeling" finishing up the story, despite it being his cash cow. Much like JKR and the Potter books, though thankfully, she didn't take so long.....

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I could swear I read somewhere that Stephen King is going to help GRRM finish the series this decade....

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

I hope not. He is notorious in another way for his endings.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Many thanks for that strangely disturbing vision of Pennywise and Tyrion facing off in the middle of King's Landing. Now I need a drink and I'm full out of Pimm's.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

I don't know about Pennywise, when there's a perfectly ravenous pack of dogs up at Winterfell. The Night King could turn them into Stephen King's wet dream, I'm sure.... Lol

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok
The episodes previous to season end ya there were pretty dramatic and cool, especially the previous episode the battle of the bastards. The last episode however? It felt rushed to me, like they were running out of time and just had to tie off lose ends for then next season. Hate when shows or books do that. I don't have the patience for that. I knew I should have waited till this whole series and show finished then just go on a binge and watch all of it.

Just when it was going to get good. It ends!

Tune in next year kids. Will Cersei remain on the throne and for how long? Will Daenerys reach kings landing in time with her dragons or will she succumb to sea sickness along the way and have to make a waystop. Will Jon Snow be as good a king of the north as his half brother or will it end prematurely there to as he suffers a serious case of the stabbies..again.

Oh! And lets not forget all the things which were hinted at "hint hint" And may or may not come to fruition next season. Faceless men you say? Or faceless women, plenty of there in for everybody, and lets not forget that winter is no longer coming according to the show winter is there already. But were are the whitewalkers you say? stuck playing ice-checkers while not getting much screen time it seems, even though they are the main baddies of the series, or so its lead to believe.

It sucks, it was a good season, but I would prefer at least a last cliffhanger ending, instead of the wait and see gaping hole the last episode left on. Oh well! Next season I suppose.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join