It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Vote

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
All side effects of them shooting each other... more often.

HA HA HA.....

I get it....Black's are targeted because they're all dangerous....HA HA HA......

Not because they're living in a country of cultural oppression and ignorance towards minorities and the poor and disenfranchised which are to this day still being stereotyped and ridiculed by clever jackasses who think it's funny to blame people for being victims of cultural prejudices.

HA HA HA.....Oh, boy that was a good one!!! I always love a good joke that highlights somebodies profound ignorance, lack of empathy and prejudice toward others!!! Good Stuff!!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

All side effects of them shooting each other... more often.

HA HA HA.....

I get it....Black's are targeted because they're all dangerous....HA HA HA......

Not because they're living in a country of cultural oppression and ignorance towards minorities and the poor and disenfranchised which are to this day still being stereotyped and ridiculed by clever jackasses who think it's funny to blame people for being victims of cultural prejudices.

HA HA HA.....Oh, boy that was a good one!!! I always love a good joke that highlights somebodies profound ignorance, lack of empathy and prejudice toward others!!! Good Stuff!!!!

Forgive me for not understanding your argument. Are you denying that young black men shoot each other more often than anyone else?

Or are you saying that systemic racism is why young black men have a tendency to shoot each other?

edit on 17-4-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

They kill each other more by a large percentage. Like 80% plus of blacks killing blacks. But whites kill the largest percentage of whites too. Not by such a large percentage but still the dominate percentage.

Neither of which are why they are Profiled more, Frisked More or Arrested more. Well, maybe arrested more. They are targeted most because they are the most marginalized by populace and the easiest targets. If you're poor and white you don't fair much better nor does any other poor person. More and more we are all becoming easier to victimize by the system without the ability to fight against it.

What I'm saying is that quick little jabs like you just did without context and with obvious bias gets really f*cking old after a while. Especially when it's also being echoed how racism no longer exists and how many benefits the minorities get and how the white man is the most hated demographic now. BS. I'm a white middle aged straight man and I'm sick of hearing other middle aged white men bitch and moan about such sh*t. I've had nothing at all that could be considered a privileged life. I struggle as much as the next guy, but I'm not blind to what's going on around me either.

If white straight men are truly the most hated demographic it's because of all them who act like crybabies about being a white man. Those who whine about it are who is causing our loss of status. Nothing shows more weakness than the self pity of the group at the top of the mountain. It's not you or me at the top, I realize this, but we are part of that group here in America so like it or not that's who we're included with. The same way you include the blacks who kill other blacks along with every innocent targeted black wasting away in prison somewhere.

So why don't we stop taking cheap shots at such issues.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

What do you mean by "causing our loss of status"?

For a minute there, I was beginning to think that you really are a better person than me, but then you go and drop a little nugget like that and I'm reminded that most people are simply full of sh!t...
i.e. frontin'.

edit on 17-4-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

What do you mean??

I mean that is the way they perceive it. Which causes their self imposed fear of others.

What turned this into a contest of who's better than who??? Why are you comparing me and you.

If you mean why I said "our" it's because I am assuming you the demographic I'm talking about. But I could be mistaking you with a different member too. It happens.

edit on 17-4-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Much enjoyed reading your comments here.

Carry on.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

If they're profiled more, frisked more and arrested more often, then obviously it's not equal opportunity racist then is it??

Thats not what I meant. Racism inside prison amongst the prisoners is more prevalent than on the outside.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Thats not what I meant. Racism inside prison amongst the prisoners is more prevalent than on the outside.

Well sure. In prison you're forced into racism almost whether you like it or not. That's one of the main systems of control. A lot of that gets carried back out too.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

What turned this into a contest of who's better than who???

Gee I don't know, maybe it was somewhere around the point where you referred to me as an ignorant, prejudiced, jackass who lacks empathy for simply stating a fact.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Gee I don't know, maybe it was somewhere around the point where you referred to me as an ignorant, prejudiced, jackass who lacks empathy for simply stating a fact.

A fact that is incorrect in this context and not the first time you've done so if memory serves.

It's also a statistic that works the same way across other races too. So pointing out that Blacks kill more Blacks than other races just by itself may seem shocking. It loses it's shock value when you also point out that Whites kill more Whites than other races and other races kill more of their own race too. But when you just put that first one out there it seems more significant. Do you not see the difference??

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

The number one cause of death amongst African American males between the ages of 15 - 34 is homicide. Amongst white guys in the same age group, homicide doesn't even make the top 15.

Of all the black guys who die between 15 - 34, over 40% of them are due to homicide. FORTY FREAKING PERCENT!!! Compare that to the whopping 3% of white guys in the same age group and the picture becomes a lot clearer.

To say that those statistics have nothing to do with tighter policing in black neighborhoods is beyond ignorant and bordering on delusional.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I'm not saying it has nothing to do with it. But black on black homicide doesn't explain the massively disproportionate targeting of them and their communities. It provides for a nice excuse sure.

But it's also not just a black skin color thing. That's just a part of the pattern. It has to do with the fact that we have our own version of a class system. If you're poor and white and in the same neighborhood you'll be targeted as well.

But just listen to cops who talk about this kind of thing. They fully admit that they target those neighborhoods because they lack the ability to stop the police harassment in most cases. The people living there lack the influence or resources to put up an proper defense. They also lack the political power and social influence to cause changes legally or politically.

Some things have changed in some places. But I don't see how you can honestly not admit to the fact that there is still a very racist bias going today.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Of all the black guys who die between 15 - 34, over 40% of them are due to homicide. FORTY FREAKING PERCENT!!! Compare that to the whopping 3% of white guys in the same age group and the picture becomes a lot clearer.

To say that those statistics have nothing to do with tighter policing in black neighborhoods is beyond ignorant and bordering on delusional.

So are you saying that blacks shoot each other because there are more police in their neighborhood?
It's never asked why blacks shoot blacks because it's not PC.
Could it be that blacks can't control their emotions like whites ?

Look I'm almost 58 an I have experienced a lot of things and watched the news for decades.
The biggest thing that keeps blacks down is their language.
They don't speak the same as whites and therefore are unemployable.
Somehow they think their language makes the special.
That's their ignorance.
Just watch your local news and listen to the blacks they hire.
They sound white. Therefore they are accepted.

Would you buy a car from a dealership that spoke with hood language?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: samkent
So are you saying that blacks shoot each other because there are more police in their neighborhood?
It's never asked why blacks shoot blacks because it's not PC.
Could it be that blacks can't control their emotions like whites ?

Is that really your answer. Because they can't control their emotions as well as white people???

Because white people are now some standard and icons of emotional control???

You must be kidding.

Look I'm almost 58 an I have experienced a lot of things and watched the news for decades.
The biggest thing that keeps blacks down is their language.
They don't speak the same as whites and therefore are unemployable.

That is a good example of institutionalized racism right there. The fact that they must "talk the same as the whites" to be employable.

Does it bother you that in more recent times, especially with younger generations, that the whites have started using black language???

Somehow they think their language makes the special.
That's their ignorance.
Just watch your local news and listen to the blacks they hire.
They sound white. Therefore they are accepted.

Would you buy a car from a dealership that spoke with hood language?

That's funny because it would seem that the whites are the ones who think their language makes them special. Which is why they insist other use it like they do just to work.

It's interesting how the use of language carries so much influence on others. If you speak in a British accent you're considered intelligent and Americans just love that kind of language for educational talks.

Southern accents with a lot of drawl are often seen as unintelligent or slow.

Obviously in any type of job which requires communication with the public it's advantageous to speak the language of the public, they are your customers. As demographics and populations change you should realize that "Whites" are no longer the only people that must be catered to however.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I'm not saying it has nothing to do with it. But black on black homicide doesn't explain the massively disproportionate targeting of them and their communities. It provides for a nice excuse sure.

Black on black homicide (which by the way is also the second leading cause of death for black children between the ages of 1- 4, the first being accidents , both of which should piss you off just as much as me) is just as massively disproportionate as their incarceration rate.

If cops weren't cracking down on high crime neighborhoods those outrageous statistics would be even higher, and you all would still say the system was rigged against them and nobody cares about black people because we're just letting them kill each other in the streets.

But it's also not just a black skin color thing. That's just a part of the pattern. It has to do with the fact that we have our own version of a class system. If you're poor and white and in the same neighborhood you'll be targeted as well.

This I can agree with. I also condone the practice at the moment because drugs are still illegal and one the driving forces behind all of the killing. And yes if I were to roll up in the hood with one headlight and an expired tag, I would expect to get pulled over and searched.

But just listen to cops who talk about this kind of thing. They fully admit that they target those neighborhoods because they lack the ability to stop the police harassment in most cases.

I've only heard one cop make that claim... and I dare you to post the video.

Some things have changed in some places. But I don't see how you can honestly not admit to the fact that there is still a very racist bias going today.

If there is, its in favor of those who are slaughtering each other.

edit on 18-4-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Well sure. In prison you're forced into racism almost whether you like it or not. That's one of the main systems of control. A lot of that gets carried back out too.

Forced by who?

edit on 18-4-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I've only heard one cop make that claim... and I dare you to post the video.

That's interesting. Why do you dare me to post a video???

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Forced by who?

The inmates mostly. You can try to get by on your own but without others watching your back it can be difficult.

Even within the groups there are also gangs which subdivide them further.

This is also more for prison than just jail though.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I find it interesting how the Democrats have been able to trick so many people into thinking they are the party of the people when it's quite clearly the opposite. Also interesting how they are embracing BLM the same way democrats used to embrace the KKK. The democrats are dangerous, as they always have been.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join