It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Vote

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I don't expect much understanding from people who read this. Its not the most well written piece and certainly does not express my entire thoughts on the issue. Go ahead and fling poo, I can take it.

At the Democratic debate on Thursday night, both Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders spoke frankly about racism, with Clinton calling on white people to “recognize that there is systemic racism,” and Sanders again criticizing Clinton’s 1996 comments about “superpredators,” saying that “it was a racist term and everyone knew it was a racist term.”

Racial Justice Takes Center Stage

I will never understand why so much emphasis is placed upon the pigment of one’s skin. There are things in our control that may define who we are, but color is not one of them. Why would I identify as “white” when there are so many others who call themselves the same? Just like you, I am me in human form. The term “black vote” is one that I’ll never understand. What makes it black? Why do people who identify themselves as “black,” also identify their vote by anything more than what it is?

But while competition for the so-called black vote continues to heat up ahead of Tuesday’s primaries, and the generational gap that has defined the primary race persists, members of Black Lives Matter remain determined to keep all candidates in check on matters of race and racism.

Black Lives Matter, do everybody a favor and GO AWAY. Its moronic to think “black” people don’t matter and I bet almost every single person you ask would agree. Stop segregating yourselves, you are no different or more important than anybody else. Keeping us divided is what prevents the small percentage of elected officials from losing their grip on society. Drop the act, and learn who the real enemy is.

This week, at the 25th anniversary convention of the National Action Network (NAN), a civil rights organization led by the Reverend Al Sharpton, both candidates received their share of criticism. “Both said things that are harmful; our role is to hold them accountable,” the political strategist Angela Rye told The Intercept. In her speech before the convention, Rye continued to press the point. “The Democrats have to be accountable to us,” she told the audience, citing the over 90 percent of black voters who support the party and calling on them not to disengage after President Obama leaves office. “Our vote matters,” said Rye, who began her speech by calling herself “unapologetically black” and “super unapologetically black right now.”

I don’t care, that last display of ignorance by Angela Rye was painful. Yes, I get that you identify yourself as “black,” and that for some reason your vote is different than mine. “Super unapologetically black?” Get real...

Hillary was introduced last Wednesday at the New York convention by none other than the Rev. Al Sharpton. Though he hasn’t publicly endorsed Hillary, he doesn’t hide his close relationship to her. Just like Hillary, Al has probably been given the task as piper for his respective “demographic,” considering that Hillary has “no game” when it comes to a political slam dunk. What she is VERY capable of doing is making herself look like an idiot. And for the record, Hillary's "privilege" has hardly anything to do with her nasty, white reptilian skin.

“White Americans need to do a better job of listening when African-Americans talk, about the seen and unseen barriers that you face every day,” said Clinton, who has been sharply criticized for her tone-deaf response to a question about her own white privilege.

In her own words,

“We need to recognize our privilege and practice humility, rather than assume that our experiences are everyone’s experiences.”

I have an idea there Hillary, why don’t you take what you just said, shove it back into whatever dirty hole it came from. The same message can be said for every freedom loving American regardless of how they identify. When you’re at the top of the food chain, that puts ALL of us underneath you.

She also paid tribute, one by one, to the mothers of several black victims of police and racist violence, many in attendance, who have endorsed her call for gun control and campaigned for her both in person and in a “Mothers of the movement” video. (Sanders, for his part, has been endorsed by Eric Garner’s daughter, Erica, and released his own video featuring her and calling for police accountability.)

Hillary’s video,

Bernie’s video,

Continued…

edit on 16-4-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
If things weren’t bad enough, there is now a growing divide within the “black” community itself. Some younger activists have accused Sharpton and Jesse Jackson of opportunism, causing the BLM to adopt the “not your grandmother’s civil rights movement” slogan. From what I’ve seen, they’re more like wild animals demanding they be given a treat. I certainly think their energy could be better spent.

Asked where the youngsters were, Phyllis Thorpe, 69, said she had seen some “50-year-olds.” She said she attends NAN events every year, to “get knowledge” and then report it back to members of her Harlem church who couldn’t make it downtown. “Knowledge is power,” she said, reminiscing of her college years in North Carolina, where she participated in sit-ins and flirted with the idea of joining the Black Panthers. “My family would have killed me,” she laughed. Today, she is decidedly more moderate, and planning to vote for Clinton on Tuesday. “Don’t call me old school, but I’m dedicated to her,” she said. “But the young ones, they all like Bernie Sanders.”

Here is another ignorant example of the “black vote” being won. Somebody, PLEASE get this kid a better education!

Some of the black supporters in attendance said they were there because Clinton’s message didn’t resonate with them. “She doesn’t know how to speak to the youth, he knows how to speak to the youth,” Skylar Fray, a 22 year-old wearing a “Bernie F***ing Sanders” T-shirt, told The Intercept, praising his appearance on a popular hip hop radio station and his conversation with a famous rapper. “He spoke to Ebro on Hot 97, I listen to Hot 97. Killer Mike interviewed Bernie, I listen to Killer Mike.”

This type of thinking is sad and forces our candidates to lower themselves in order to "resonate" with people for all the wrong reasons. Its a game, and these dinosaur politicians no every trick in the book. Before Bernie’s rally began, Spike Lee got the crowd chanting the senator’s name while Bruce Sringsteen’s “We Take Care of Our Own” started blasting from the speakers. Nice play on words there.

Throughout the event, the many references to President Obama’s achievements drew more enthusiastic cheers than either presidential candidate, and Sharpton himself summed up the nostalgia lingering in the room when he joked: “We are in a place we’ve never been before in American history. We have never seen a white president succeed a black president.”

I’m trying to understand that last statement, but I just can’t. What the hell is that supposed to mean? Of course as the pandering continued into the night, it wouldn't be a true rally without mentioning Donald Trump. The candidates use him to unify the democratic minorities, giving them another shameless reason to vote anything but republican. Its working like a charm.

“Trump has directly offended several groups: Mexicans, undocumented immigrants, African-Americans, Muslim Americans, women, protesters; and he’s been extremely offensive,” Carmen Perez, an activist with Justice League NYC, told The Intercept ahead of the rally. “This only gives us in the movement the ability to see beyond our differences and come together, collectively, to take down a person who’s fueling so much hatred in this country.”

That’s precious, Trump is not only dividing the people, but in her own words causing his “opponents” to see beyond their differences in order to collectively take him down. Good show Mr. Trump, lol. There is unity as long as you are the enemy. Who says he doesn't bring people together?

“I try to vote for what a candidate stands for, but it doesn’t necessarily mean that they’re going to follow through, so I really try to focus more on the movement of the people, because really, it shouldn’t matter at the end of the day who we elect, if the power is still with us,” she said.

To wrap it up, I don’t understand why we can’t act as one movement in order to get the best results from those in Washington. There is strength in numbers and at this point, my privilege will have to be put on hold while I learn to humble myself. According to Hillary, I must try to understand what its like to grow up “black.” Sorry Hill, I only see people in shades of gray. Try getting to know what its like to be "me" for a change.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Thats one heck of an op, i dont like all of what you posted, but the jest i got is that they keep on dividing us, by religion, age, culture, color to keep on controling us.

If we all stood side by side we as human behings would be able to end all wars, poverty and we could all live hapilly.
edit on 16-4-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Yeah, not my best. Some will tolerate what I've said, some won't.

Its mainly about the lack of awareness from groups of people that are being manipulated.

Thanks for commenting.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I will never understand why so much emphasis is placed upon the pigment of one’s skin.

Then you say…

Black Lives Matter, do everybody a favor and GO AWAY.

Okay so they should stop expressing their feeling that institutionalized racism in America is endemic and directed at them.

Jail populations bear that out, most of the prison population is black.

Flame on…

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
So lets NOT talk about racism?
OK...if it upsets you.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I will never understand why so much emphasis is placed upon the pigment of one’s skin.

Then you say…

Black Lives Matter, do everybody a favor and GO AWAY.

Okay so they should stop expressing their feeling that institutionalized racism in America is endemic and directed at them.

Jail populations bear that out, most of the prison population is black.

Flame on…

Institutionalized racism is to blame for the number of black folks in prison??
You have no idea what you are even talking about. Why don't you ask your local sheriff for a nice tour of the local pokey
and see if you change your, tired tune.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnthePhilistine

Institutionalized racism is to blame for the number of black folks in prison??

Prison is equal opportunity racist.

The larger proportion of blacks in prison stems from they are profiled more, frisked more and arrested more, more often.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

In my opinion, they cause more harm than good. The squeakiest wheel of the bunch is getting all the greasy coverage, often displaying acts of aggression and violence. If they're trying to represent and express what is wrong in America, they ought to be more respectful and put Soros's money to better use.

The movement needs to disband and start over. Don't take my distaste for them as any indicator of my views on the issue of racism. It exists, I get it. The BLM doesn't need to shout it into my ear or hit me upside the head to make it any more apparent.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Take the tour. You cannot define a roast beef sandwich if you have never seen one.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

The movement needs to disband and start over. Don't take my distaste for them as any indicator of my views on the issue of racism. It exists, I get it. The BLM doesn't need to shout it into my ear or hit me upside the head to make it any more apparent

What they hit us with is black thug gangtsa rap crime, in the media, right? All the time.

The BLM movement began the day they let George Zimmerman walk for murdering Treyvon Martin.

I won't go into all the other since killings of black people, by the police under suspicious circumstances, for which there was also no conviction or no sentencing, other than termination from duty and or pension.
edit on 16-4-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnthePhilistine

Take the tour. You cannot define a roast beef sandwich if you have never seen one.

Tours are sanitized. I been in a murder one tank when I was young. I seen enough from both personal experience and various acquaintances over my lifetime to know whats what inside. You're talking in prison, I was talking racism by the police on the street.

I lived under enough bridges to see how skin color is vastly treated differently by the cops in outdoor environment. Just to be fair, I've also been unfairly treated by black police during my outdoor phase.

You go to that open air prison and tell me what you see.

Since I know where this thread is heading and how response will knee jerk against my opinion, I'm probably going to wave off from replying further.
edit on 16-4-2016 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

The movement needs to disband and start over. Don't take my distaste for them as any indicator of my views on the issue of racism. It exists, I get it. The BLM doesn't need to shout it into my ear or hit me upside the head to make it any more apparent

What they hit us with is black thug gangtsa rap crime, in the media, right? All the time.

The BLM movement began the day they let George Zimmerman walk for murdering Treyvon Martin.

I won't go into all the other since killings of black people, by the police under suspicious circumstances, for which there was also no conviction or no sentencing, other than termination from duty and or pension.

Notice how only the white on black violence is getting addressed? Otherwise, the agenda loses traction. You've also been on ATS long enough to know that lack of funds will severely hinder one's ability to make a point.

Black Lives Matter is a product of those who wish to keep us divided and polarized. I thought you knew that. Powerful people are making their investment and its BLM's job to give them something in return. From where I'm standing, it certainly lacks the respect needed to demand my attention let alone the rest of America.

From last November,

The Washington Times exposed last January that leftist billionaire George Soros gave more than $30 million in seed money to Black Lives Matter affiliated groups.

According to Essence magazine, Google is also helping to fund the Black Lives Matter movement, giving $2.35 million in grants to activist organizations addressing the “racial injustices that have swept the nation.”

Politico reports that “some of the biggest donors on the left plan to meet behind closed doors next week in Washington with leaders of the Black Lives Matter movement and their allies to discuss funding for the burgeoning protest movement.”

The major liberal donor group Democracy Alliance (DA) will be holding its annual meeting from Tuesday evening through Saturday morning in Washington, and meetings will be held to discuss funding the movement.

Wealthy donors including Tom Steyer and Paul Egerman are expected to attend the DA annual meeting.

The Los Angeles Times has reported that Steyer, a hedge fund billionaire, gave the most to political campaigns of any single person in the 2014 midterm elections, contributing a whopping $74 million–almost three times as much as the second biggest donor, Michael Bloomberg. Bloomberg gave $27.7 million.

The DA was started in 2005 by major liberal donors, including George Soros and Taco Bell heir Rob McKay, who hoped to build a permanent infrastructure to support leftist causes.

Link

Leftist causes eh?

How can you possibly put faith in the BLM knowing Soros and company has helped fund their existence?

I certainly can't.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
There is but one race - human. Those divisions are caused by various governmental agencies dividing people into mythical groups. Ever wondered why ? Ever got the question answered at all ? What difference does it make what color your skin is ? What church you attend , if any ? It is almost that they WANT to divide the people .If governments would actually leave folks alone and stop trying to separate them into small little groups , this country may be in better shape.

Remember what a great man once said? "A house divided against itself cannot stand"

edit on 4/16/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Notice how only the white on black violence is getting addressed?

You swept away my point. Its white cop on black citizens that BLM would like everyone to remember.

That racism is institutionalized where they live.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

"knee jerk" That's pretty rich, coming from you. You brought up racism regarding prison, not me.
Your mom must have let you back in the house before you had the opportunity to meet too many people, or you would know that what I say is true.
The op makes excellent points as well but one would have to be fully matured to grasp them.

edit on 16-4-2016 by JohnthePhilistine because: diction

edit on 16-4-2016 by JohnthePhilistine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Prison is equal opportunity racist.

The larger proportion of blacks in prison stems from they are profiled more, frisked more and arrested more, more often.

If they're profiled more, frisked more and arrested more often, then obviously it's not equal opportunity racist then is it??

Anyone getting more of something is by definition not equal opportunity.

I'm not sure how you could even write those two statements one after the other without clearly noticing the direct conflict in what was said.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
So lets NOT talk about racism?
OK...if it upsets you.

Well, I finally convinced myself to respond to you.

Only because it reminded me of this...

If you can't see the half-truth in your statement, then all you're doing is perpetuating the discussion of racism into an endless debate. When does it stop?

Regardless, I think you missed the point of the thread.

There is manipulation afoot.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnthePhilistine

"knee jerk" That's pretty rich, coming from you. You brought up racism regarding prison, not me.
Your mom must have let you back in the house before you had the opportunity to meet too many people, or you would know that what I say is true.
The op makes excellent points as well but one would have to be fully matured to grasp them.

Nice fail, insults just prove you wrong, i love it when people cant find a good argument so they use insults, thanks for coming out.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

a reply to: JohnthePhilistine

All side effects of them shooting each other... more often.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join