It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz sweeps Wyoming Republican Convention

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Casper, Wyoming (CNN)It's a Ted Cruz sweep in Wyoming. Cruz won 14 of 14 Republican National Convention delegates up for grabs at the Wyoming state convention here Saturday.

The crowd here was clearly in Cruz's corner, as the Texas senator was the only candidate to make the trip to Casper -- ahead of a major snowstorm -- and Sarah Palin, scheduled to speak for Trump, previously canceled.

The Cruz campaign's grassroots organization was front and center here, with printed slates of the 14 recommended Cruz delegates on each table, a hospitality room, a table full of literature staffed by local volunteers and yellow "TED CRUZ Cruzin Cowboys" balloons placed around the convention room. Attendees here said the campaign has been in touch with them early and often via phone, and they have noticed a big social media push.

By comparison, the Trump campaign distributed a printed slate with six recommended delegates. The Trump campaign had a table with some snacks and literature, staffed by two out-of-town Trump volunteers.

Good news for you Cruz supporters, he took home 14 more delegates. Not huge but he is taking away from Trump as many as he can to hold him back from reaching that magical number of 1000 something. Just another example that the Cruz campaign knows how to play the Republican primary game while Trump has little to no clue. I'm sure Trump will announce on Twitter soon it was all a shame and yada yada yada.

edit on 16-4-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Cruz is “the only principled and unwavering conservative” in the race, Dick Shanor said before being chosen to represent Laramie County at the national GOP convention

Their heads are up their butt in Wyoming.

link   
a reply to: Swills

Lol duh, fix is in

link   
Dbl
edit on 16-4-2016 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Greetings Swills- To honor the un-written contract of the quid pro quo of an intraweb chatroom please accept this:

www.youtube.com...

And with that... It is the ONLY thing We can do as a collective before it ALL turns to 'snip' . And isn't one of our rights to actually participate in the erection process? Or do We need to ¢ontribute in order to have a voice?

Did You have the chance to read the latest out of Colorado and the GOP's dealing with those delegate$?

How about the great d i v i d e of wealth? The dis-enfranchised get further and further down the rung..

How about We do this: 1 vote for each registered person and then when the vote is over all the votes are counted???

namaste

Enjoy Bob...

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Glen Beck, Dick Cheney loving Mormons.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
"grass roots".. Lol.. Only thing grass roots about Ted Cruz is his lawn.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

was there a vote in Wyoming? or was it another Colorado situation?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
. And isn't one of our rights to actually participate in the erection process? Or do We need to ¢ontribute in order to have a voice?

Kinky!

But in regards to your question, this is not the election process. It is the GOP Party Nomination process.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MsAphrodite
Glen Beck, Dick Cheney loving Mormons.

Dick Cheney is a Mormon? I thought he was a 4D lizard.
edit on 16-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Neocon Cheney country.

No surprise.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

How about we just think really hard about what the perfect president would be like, and then elect ours by lottery?

I mean, that's just as likely as your plan.

I'm not trying to rip you a new one here, but your idea (1 person, 1 vote) is basically fantasy role-playing for people who suck at fantasy and role-playing. There is next to zero chance the current parties will call for it, and even less chance the current congress will come up with new legislation demanding it on anyone's behalf.

Basically, it's all woo, plus turtles at this point.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

You know, I don't know for sure but I think it's similar to what we saw in Colorado. It's been a learning experience as we witness how each state does distributes delegates. The only ones to blame for this are the GOP and republican voters in those states who either accept this setup or failed to fight against it.

Either way, Cruz knows how to play this game and you can guaruntee the GOP is giving him all available resources to do it!

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Greetings Swills- To honor the un-written contract of the quid pro quo of an intraweb chatroom please accept this:

www.youtube.com...

And with that... It is the ONLY thing We can do as a collective before it ALL turns to 'snip' . And isn't one of our rights to actually participate in the erection process? Or do We need to ¢ontribute in order to have a voice?

Did You have the chance to read the latest out of Colorado and the GOP's dealing with those delegate$?

How about the great d i v i d e of wealth? The dis-enfranchised get further and further down the rung..

How about We do this: 1 vote for each registered person and then when the vote is over all the votes are counted???

namaste

Enjoy Bob...

Neither you nor the Government nor anybody else can tell political parties in the US how to choose a candidate. I find it odd that people want to give the Government power to control political parties and make them do things a certain way. I am independent so I do not even get to vote in the primaries at all, some states do it by party, some states late anybody, some states do caucuses etc. Even if the Government made rules for the parties how would that work? Just saying everybody votes and whomever gets the most wins means what? Independents and the other party can vote in each others primaries?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Dick Cheney is a Mormon? I thought he was a 4D lizard.

You are more astute than I. I just read through that and accidentally left out the second M in Mormon.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

And isn't one of our rights to actually participate in the erection process?

Erection process.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

What was the popular vote count? Or is Wyoming one of those delegate only states where any favors promised, short of cash transactions, can buy delegates?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I've looked and looked for caucus/vote results for Wyoming, no results. Only results coming up are Cruz won the delegates. The GOP is going to commit suicide in this election to keep Trump from becoming nominated. Even freaking Rush Limbaugh is denouncing them and saying this. While I hate Rush, I do have to respect the guy, he's always right, and he pays people to make sure of that. He is not incorrect when he says that a brokered convention will kill the RNC or shatter every remnant of conservative values it holds. They are now trying to lose this election, but they are pulling a typical US of A move and not thinking about the day after, there will be no more GOP if this election continues as it does. The Dem's love this, because it will give them control for several decades until a new rival party is formed. The US is destined to be a 2-party system, so that isn't changing. What IS changing is the fat-cats in the GOP realizing that since the world nowadays is a global market, owning the US presidency doesn't have as much value anymore.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The GOP clearly doesn't want Trump to win the nominee. I mean really, Trump didn't even receive one delegate? Sounds awfully familiar with what happened in Colorado. The GOP is cooking their own goose this election. It's all going to come back and bite them in the butt. This year's GOP convention will probably get their highest ratings ever. We might end up seeing an all out brawl on the convention floor!

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

www.youtube.com...

namaste

Enjoy Bob...

Neither you nor the Government nor anybody else can tell political parties in the US how to choose a candidate.

The Democrats had to go court to determine that very thing in 1972:

THEATRE OF THE POLITICALLY ABSURD The Relationship between State Law and Party Rules and the "Punishing" of the former where violative of the latter (PART TWO)

If your statement above were correct, why does the court case described above exist?

If you think things have changed since then, I offer the following evidence that they haven't.

Despite suspending his campaign, Sen. Marco Rubio is attempting to keep every delegate he won while running for president.

The unusual move reflects preparations for a contested convention this summer — and comes as Donald Trump backed away from an earlier pledge to support the Republican party's nominee if he is treated unfairly after winning more delegates than his rivals.
Rubio Makes Unprecedented Bid to Keep Delegates for Contested Convention

The Republican party via Rubio is attempting to petition US states and territories to change the way they allocate delegates. Isn't that proof that the states and territories are in control of the matter and not the Republicans?

The GOP's website explicitly says that delegates are allocated based on the laws of states and territories:

A candidate must win the votes of a majority of delegates to secure the nomination. In 2016, the magic number is 1,237 (50% + 1 of the 2,472 Convention delegates). Most delegates will go to Convention “bound” to vote for a particular candidate, based on how their state or territory voted.
gop.com...

edit on 16-4-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join