It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Has Collected $18,764,164,000,000 in Taxes--$124,003 Per U.S. Job

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
During Obama's stint as President, he has collected a whopping $18.8 Trillion in taxes.

That comes out to around $124,000 per U.S. job according to figures assembled by somebody.

This puts Obama on track to $20,000,000,000,000 for his entire Presidency.

Sounds enormous and it is.

So, what do taxpayers think and what did taxpayers "get" for all this cash flowing into the U.S. Treasury?

Does anybody feel "ripped-off" yet?

And remember, this is only what the Federal government has taken in.

Obama Has Collected $18,764,164,000,000 in Taxes--$124,003 Per U.S. Job

Over the course of the 86 full months that President Barack Obama has completed serving in the White House—from February 2009 through March 2016--the U.S. Treasury has collected approximately $18,764,164,000,000 in tax revenues (in non-inflation-adjusted dollars), according to the Monthly Treasury Statements issued during that period. (President Obama was inaugurated on Jan. 20, 2009.)

That equals approximately $124,003 for each of the 151,320,000 persons who, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, had either a full- or part-time job during March 2016.

Massive Tax Collections !!

Is it Worth it?

it's Bush's fault !!

edit on Apr-16-2016 by xuenchen because: warning: graphic picture

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Global military involvement is expensive.

www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Shouldn't this be more pointed towards congress and what they are doing?

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The 'Government' collected it.

Could you explain how Obama has much to do with "collecting taxes" ?
I'm not defending him I'm just confused about the correlation.

Wouldn't this be pretty much the same no matter who was President?
(Give or take)

Thanks for sharing the figure though, it puts things into an interesting perspective.
Minus the Obama part...

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

We need to give the government more.

/sarc

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

expensive yes.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Damn! Congress is spending and taxing us to death!

Congress is controlled by Republicans.

Just sayin'.
edit on 16-4-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I agree.

All (most) Federal level politicians are binge spending like crazy.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Just sayin'.

So what is being said here? Anything useful?

Or are we to surmise that we should all vote for democrats because "f it, they're screwing us anyway".

Oh the cognitive dissonance of two party politics.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Just sayin'.

So what is being said here? Anything useful?

Or are we to surmise that we should all vote for democrats because "f it, they're screwing us anyway".

Oh the cognitive dissonance of two party politics.

What I am saying is that it is disingenuous to blame Obama completely for taxes collected or spent. Congress has the reigns on that and congress is controlled by the Republicans. Isn't that true?

I did not say we need to vote for Democrats simply because we are being screwed anyway. You just made that up for whatever reason.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Congress has the reigns on that and congress is controlled by the Republicans. Isn't that true?

lol sure...Congress is controlled by republicans...lol

I did not say we need to vote for Democrats simply because we are being screwed anyway. You just made that up for whatever reason.

You're the one who brought up republicans. You're the one casting blame on 1 head of the hydra.

It is PERFECTLY reasonable to blame Obama for this mess. Congress may have approved it, but most of that happened when Obama had his super majority. That said, the IRS is an Executive branch agency. The executive is run by Obama, currently.

Don't worry. I'm sure Bernie will fix it.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Do you not find it odd how the tax rate rapidly rose from the Bush administration to the Obama? Unless those charts being shared on this thread are inaccurate? I get that Obama isn't knocking on each of our doors individually asking us for our tax money, but he is the leader in charge, which makes him public enemy one when things like this are out of control.... Either he's responsible for it (at least partially) or he should use his executive powers to go after Congress to stop this excessive taxing we've seen

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

lol sure...Congress is controlled by republicans...lol

They have the majority in both houses of congress. So, yes.

You're the one who brought up republicans. You're the one casting blame on 1 head of the hydra.

I was offering a bit of truth to counter a BS op.

It is PERFECTLY reasonable to blame Obama for this mess. Congress may have approved it, but most of that happened when Obama had his super majority. That said, the IRS is an Executive branch agency. The executive is run by Obama, currently.

Obama never had a filibuster-proof super majority. Obama got very little done when the Dems controlled the senate. Perhaps you should go back and read in to that history. What you are talking about was a well-known propaganda stunt to blame Obama for NOT getting much done during that time period.

Don't worry. I'm sure Bernie will fix it.

I doubt it.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I think the difference is "Bushie" said put it on my Tab, after exhausting a fairly robust surplus, and O'bummer is trying to pay off his Bill, isn't this how it usually goes presently with D's and R's?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The only real taxes are the reduction of everyone's spending power by the people with the supposed authority to pull money out of their proverbial asses.

Taxes and the IRS are a ruse kind of thing to cover up what a colossal scam the entire system actually is.

Really!.

Research it!.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Obama is the scapegoat while the ones giving him his orders get away scot-free. Obama controls nothing, he's only a puppet just like every other president. I would think this would be obvious on a site like ATS but people keep drinking the koolaid.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Just sayin'.

If the president was a Republican, you wouldn't be deflecting blame. And you know it.

If Congress was Democrat, you wouldn't be assigning it the blame. And you know it.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Just sayin'.

If the president was a Republican, you wouldn't be deflecting blame. And you know it.

If Congress was Democrat, you wouldn't be assigning it the blame. And you know it.

Yes I would, because there is no deflecting how our government works. Being consistent is much easier than trying to play partisan politics.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

it's Bush's fault !!

Umm, have you ever heard of the snowball effect? Dubya started the snowball that hit barrack in the face full steam ahead. Of course Dubya's numbers will look smaller, but when you look into percentages they are higher, just saying.

Anyone that thinks Dubya won't go down as the worst US president in history is just lying to themselves, just like America won WW2...

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

I've been really distracted lately so I apologize for that.

I also have never paid income tax, because I'm not applicable to owe any.
I am also not a burden on the government so cost nearly nothing.

Essentially I'm totally out of the loop on this, and haven't heard anyone really saying it was significantly higher though I've heard several people gripe about poor tax returns and things like this (just this year).

Does anyone have any charts showing the tax intake of the government since the 1970's till present or anything like this so we could gauge percentage rates, inflation, etc?

I'm curious and would like to see those figures but have other stuff to research and my time on the Internet is very limited currently.

Thanks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join