It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Says its Wage Hikes Are Improving Service

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Get your head out of the books and into reality where people live.

Get into a mindset where you actually give a # about other people and stop listening to the rules of the economy they are make believe we have total control of the economy and can change the rules whenever we decide it's time we treat our fellow humans better regardless of how the decide to live their lives.

Your not better than anyone and neither is Bedlam.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Bedlam

Even driving a forklift pays better than burger flipping.

More fun too. I bet.
Done the former, not the latter. Latter didn't pay enough.

My experience too, when I got tired of being broke, I started at Manpower, Inc (yay!) and did minimum wage for about two weeks, and then forklift driving for a few months. Forklift pays ok for a kid. Went to work for the USCEC until I got out of high school.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Get your head out of the books and into reality where people live.
Get your head out of butterflies and fairy tales and into reality.

Your not better than anyone and neither is Bedlam.
Better? No. More skilled and knowledgeable at some things? Indeed. Skill and knowledge are valuable. Worth cultivating. Both by employers and employees. But it takes more of an effort than just showing up.

edit on 4/16/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Anyone who works hard full time and does a good job deserves a standard of living that isn't poverty.

Not if that job isn't worth it.

eta: I know a lot of people that work with their hands, and it's an honorable job. I'm not talking about that. If you are so low that flipping burgers is your only out, you have made some very bad decisions.
edit on 16-4-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

My heads in reality where people matter more then the amount of zeros on your paycheck or the false reality that somehow what you do contributes more to a healthy society than what someone else is choosing to do.

Take yourself off a pedestal I'm tired of dealing with people like you your selfish and undesirable to a more progressive and caring world.

It's not a fairytale it's a very real potential that we could be experiencing but aren't due to a mindset like yours.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

My heads in reality where people matter more then the amount of zeros on your paycheck ...

You end up where you decide to be.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Anyone who works hard full time and does a good job deserves a standard of living that isn't poverty.

Not if that job isn't worth it.

eta: I know a lot of people that work with their hands, and it's an honorable job. I'm not talking about that. If you are so low that flipping burgers is your only out, you have made some very bad decisions.

If it's not worth it than why does it exist?

If the job isn't necessary why is it a job?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

My heads in reality where people matter more then the amount of zeros on your paycheck ...

You end up where you decide to be.

Yeah and what does that have to do with people making enough money so I don't have to subsidize their income while the company they work for posts billion dollar profits?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   

If it's not worth it than why does it exist?

If the job isn't necessary why is it a job?

Because it's for kids. Or those people who have no gumption.

Not all labor has the same worth.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Your making completely fact free assumption based on an ideology that has outgrown its useful for a world that no longer exist.

Your living in a paradigm far removed from the reality faced by tens of millions of Americans on a daily basis.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Yeah and what does that have to do with people making enough money so I don't have to subsidize their income while the company they work for posts billion dollar profits?

If all you can do is flip burgers, it doesn't really matter what your employer posts as a profit that year.

You are not your employer. If you're flipping burgers, your worth is minimal.

If that's all you can do, then you have made very very bad decisions.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Your making completely fact free assumption based on an ideology that has outgrown its useful for a world that no longer exist.

Your living in a paradigm far removed from the reality faced by tens of millions of Americans on a daily basis.

You think that stupid work is worth skilled pay. It isn't.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Once again your operating under the false assumption that somehow what you do has of more importance than what someone else chooses to do because you personally think a burger flipper is contributing less to our society than you simply because what you do is perceived as more skillful while totally ignoring other variables used in determining the value of a job besides a perceived skillset.

You act like your better than these people but I bet when your shoving that nasty greasy burger into your face your glad someone is doing that really #ty thankless job and your totally taking that human beings sacrifice for granted.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   

You think that stupid work is worth skilled pay. It isn't.

Your post is ripen with arrogance and ego i probably wouldn't be able to stand your presence for longer than two minutes with wanting to vomit due to lack of empathy for your fellow humans.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

My heads in reality where people matter more then the amount of zeros on your paycheck or the false reality that somehow what you do contributes more to a healthy society than what someone else is choosing to do.
I have no illusions about what I contribute to society. No illusions about what a burger flipper contributes to society either.

Take yourself off a pedestal I'm tired of dealing with people like you your selfish and undesirable to a more progressive and caring world.
You are making assumptions about me.

It's not a fairytale it's a very real potential that we could be experiencing but aren't due to a mindset like yours.
Right, it's not a fairy tale. Just give everyone what they need, no matter what it costs. "From each...to each." Sounds good, Mr. Marx.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Once again your operating under the false assumption that somehow what you do has of more importance ...

It's not what I do. It's the simple fact that some jobs have more worth than others. And it's true.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

That's right some jobs do have more value but that doesn't mean people are less than human for doing a job you don't like.

Your a spiritually starved disgraceful human being who represents everything that is wrong with America.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Your post is ripen with arrogance and ego i probably wouldn't be able to stand your presence for longer than two minutes with wanting to vomit due to lack of empathy for your fellow humans.

Fine by me - if you think all labor has the same worth, I wouldn't likely want to be around you either - I don't suffer fools gladly.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Like I said before wild goose chase that leads into a conversation that's totally irrelevant.

Anyone with eyes to see who reads this thread will agree.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Quote me saying all labor has the same worth.

You can't because I didn't say it.

Nice try Ted Cruz.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join