It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 1,000 Leaders Worldwide Call for End to “Disastrous” Drug War, Ahead of UN Special Session

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyosaurus
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Also. In the entire 'war on drugs' only the smallest entry level workers are kids. Do you think the kids make the required connections for cultivation, manufacturing, and distribution of these drugs? Most movers and shakers are young professional age and up. I would never trust a 14 year old with hundreds of thousands of dollars of product.

Yes the children in poor circumstances turn to criminal activity. But remove the criminal aspect and suddenly maybe the community is not depressed and oppressed.

Being a criminal is a result of the current laws. Make it legal and suddenly the businessman don't have to get violent, they can call the police. The big criminals won't be powerful either when economics pushed the price low.

Well I see your point and the posters above. Thanks for the replie(s).

iTruthSeeker
edit on 16-4-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Daaaaaaamn!

Whats the world coming to???

Logic?!!? I thought logic died long ago. Welcome back logic!

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
a reply to: Americanpatriot123

You post like Richard Nixon might, if he were here today.

He had vision on drugs. He knew they were bad.

It is shamefull though how he lost Vietnam for the USA.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The first step is a worldwide halt immediately on severe punishment for trafficking. I still feel nauseated each time I stop to think of the poor people around the world who cant simply use a mantra to change their attitude because its all that stands in the way between them and success. Some people truly are prisoners of their environment or they are lifelong victims of wars past and its a shame for ANYONE unlucky enough to be caught but especially those from poor nations who try to mule something on a single flightvjust to feed their children forva week or two and no real economic opportunity for them no matter what their attitude which many ignorant people assume is the case worldwide. So when they are discovered by eastern nations both orient east/far east and middle east and it means being walked to a wooden platform to lie their heads on to be hacked off with a sword or like the 9 Australians caught three months back 8 of whom received death for possession, it means being blindfolded and stood in a line where it is said every last one urinates and defecates on themselves as one by one they step in frontvof a firing squad and the psychological torture of being a non violent person having to listen to the screams and chokes of your mates dying one by one as you get closet knees shaking and sobbing my god it is an international crime imho and if I must be stuck with international governing bodies fir gods sake those in that body know the truth that the drug war is a money machine so go stop this cruel inhumane behavior then worry about legalization

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Let me spread some truth here.

The drug dealers don't want drugs legalized.

People enforcing the drug war don't want drugs legalized.

If they legalize drugs not only will they put 100's of thousands of people out of work they will bankrupt the entire millenial generation and put them out of their jobs and back home with their parents you know the 50% that have their own places.

Truth syrup.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Let me spread some truth here.

The drug dealers don't want drugs legalized.

People enforcing the drug war don't want drugs legalized.

If they legalize drugs not only will they put 100's of thousands of people out of work they will bankrupt the entire millenial generation and put them out of their jobs and back home with their parents you know the 50% that have their own places.

Truth syrup.

True on both of your first two points.

Your third point however. . . Look at your statement again, and be sure that is what you want to say about your own generation.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

They don't have s choice dude there is limited opportunities and in most parts of the country there are no opportunities I know I grew up in one of those areas.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

There is always a choice.
This is not a judgment, once upon a time I had opportunity to help friends out through my own connections. But I always made my living through legit means.

You speak of limited opportunities and no opportunities. I will argue there is no such things. I've made my own opportunities and I've helped so many others with their own opportunities.

Do not make excuses for those who want to live a lifestyle they haven't earned.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Sounds good but the numbers tell a different story.

Where I grew up here really isn't anything unless you become a truck driver or luck out knowing someone in one of the unions. There's many cities in this country that have been totally gut by NAFTA and you can't deny it.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Drivers and Union members make good livings at a livable wage.

Everyone has to start somewhere, and that's not at 30K a year or more.
I don't deny there are many trade agreements that have hurt the country.

But I will say you reap what you sow. I started at minimum wage and in three years I was making over 3 times what I made in my first job.
After that I was able to set my own hours while in college by being an independent contractor, and getting paid for working in college for the department I was majoring in.

I say this because I'm no one special, just someone who likes to work.

To bring this back to drugs, or more specifically your original claim:

"If they legalize drugs not only will they put 100's of thousands of people out of work they will bankrupt the entire millenial generation and put them out of their jobs and back home with their parents you know the 50% that have their own places."

They will not put anyone out of work they will just collect taxes on the money they make.
They will not bankrupt the millennials, unless the millennials have not started saving.
Most millennial's parents I know do have their own place, even if they are still paying a mortgage on it.

You and so many others of your age are buying into the sad narrative being spoon fed to you. Work hard and you will do alright, even more than alright.

Now, part of you is questioning who I am to disagree with you.
I am someone that is sometimes lumped into the millennial generation, being born in 1980.

Bottom line: Live your excuses, or find a way out.
Either way, let me know if I can help.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Look they shipped 12 million jobs overseas and 61 million foreign nationals in Americans are getting screwed.

Don't expect me to believe this 1990's paradigm conservative crap that everyone keeps pushing.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

You forgot to add with the internet people, are at least twice as productive as they were a decade ago. . .

Good to know that you have given up without trying.
I wish you the best of luck.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Americanpatriot123
We need to double down on the drug war!

Start carpet bombing there terrorist and commie nations that supply these evil dangrous drugs like Cocaine and weed!

All this legalisation of pot is just a commie plan to dumb our great nation down and pacify its population!

We need execution for ALL drug dealers and 25 years minimum sentences for ANY drug possesions charges!

@We need to crack down on states like califonia and colorada who sell this deadly drugs !

My sarcasm meter is broken today...please tell me that actually was sarcasm.....

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Ignore everyone else cause they can't be you right?

Ignore all the factually based economic indicators because of personal experience right?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
In order to stop ALL wars, there is only 1 war needed => War against corruption!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join