It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am the 1%........!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Just kidding, but seriously.....

Me and my brother were reminiscing last night after I drunk called him, and we came to the conclusion that we are gonna get a 1% Tattoo. We came to this conclusion due to the fact of are old experiences we had in our small mountainous town, and then we started comparing it to kids growing up these days and realized we had a pretty good childhood compared to alot of people from urban areas, and not only that, electronics and internet and cell phones were in there beginning phases, for instance no kid had a mobile phone, only a few big shot adults did, and internet was only had by the kids that had rich parents.

So a lot of are time was spent outside playing and exploring the surrounding mountains, also parents back then didn't live in fear of child abductors and rapists, we just had to let a parent know were we were going(even though we didnt go their sometimes) and the parents just kept in touch and had a standing rule be in when the street lights come on eat dinner and go from there, we were even allowed to go on camping trips at age 12 or so with no adult supervision as long as they knew our camp site.

It seems like the world has changed so drastically due to tech and media advancements not alot of people get to experience this kind of life, so we dubbed ourselfs the 1%

What say you ATS does anyone else notice these things? Or am I delusional,(probably the latter I drink alot)
edit on 15-4-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

Cool background story for a tattoo.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: aphon

well im not really a tat person, but it sounded good when i was wasted last night.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I tramped the hills of Eastern Ky and went for hours not checking in. Neighbors looked out for each other's kids and would not hesitate to call them on their behavior if it was needed. No cell phones, hell, they hadn't even been invented yet. No video games, we just played cops and robbers, explored the hills, went fishing and digging our own worms too. 3 TV channels and cartoons were only a few hours on Saturday morning and if the President was on, tough luck. 12 years old and we took our 22s with us when we went camping. Our parents knew where we were, but left us pretty much to ourselves, because they knew we'd be ok and yell for help if we needed it.
Out of my 3, my youngest son, who is 18, like video games, but mention fishing or shooting and he drops that controller and says, 'Let's go!". I've tried to pass along my love of the outdoors to all of them and it's looks like it's taken hold.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

i am trying to get kids into that stuff, but it sucks being surrounded by concrete, so are u gonna get a 1% tatto with me

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Agreed, I am the other 1%

What goes on today is basically legalese entrapment, you do nothing unless there is something written down to cover it...same goes for the outlaws!

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I am all for getting new ink for almost any reason at all, and you may already be aware of this...

en.wikipedia.org...

guestofaguest.com...

More Facts:They are a member of an Outlaw Motorcycle Club that has actually killed someone. (Translated: earning the "One Percenter" tattoo ain't easy.)

I thought I would post it just in case.
Some associate 1% with different things. It may help in explaining for future purposes if nothing else.

edit on 4/15/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Doc ... you better find out what wearing a 1% tattoo symbolizes. LOL

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I linked it right before your post... ^^^^^^^

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I drank a lot too, but I remember it the same way!!

All summer long we were just... Free!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

i know what it means, thats kind of the point, also the whole elite thing, so multiple ideas rolled into one

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I think many ATSers are actually 1%ers , they think differently from most folks, they don't follow the lemmings to the cliff.

They think their own way about a great many things, just like a certain percentage of the population.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Sure, I was lucky sort of like that, too.

Kids could play safely until dark, and even later, and we sure did.

I was lucky enough to grow up in a region of CA where there hadn't been any tract homes yet and the foothills and chaparral were wild, leading up to even wilder mountains. I learned quickly to count time while I explored so I gave myself enough time to "get out" before dark. All of this at 12 years of age. Not bad for a CA boy.

There were a lot of snakes back there, and waterfalls, and dryads (and maenads)...

bet no one knew you could be a sort of hillbilliy in CA.

Yep. I'm a DOCHOLIDAZE1-style 1%-er.

edit on 15-4-2016 by Bybyots because:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

some of most hillbilyish people I know come from my town in Norcal

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1
a reply to: Bybyots

Ahem... it's Appalachian American, not hillbilly

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Mm hm, few know. Folks think we are all city-slickers.

The geographical closeness of such pockets of wildness makes for some pretty resourceful Californians where folks might not think there are any; I mean, this is the place where you can surf and ski in the same day. Which is also to say that you can hunt and fish in the same day. Surf and Turf.

edit on 15-4-2016 by Bybyots because:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I had someone tell me that my kids were the first they had seen in a long time doing "normal kid things", because they play outside. But, we don't have any gaming systems in our house. My husband and I are just not into gaming, at all. However, I also live in a wonderfully rural area- where I can let my kids go out and not have to watch them like a hawk. Nearest neighbor is about 1/4 mile down the road and the dogs hear anyone driving up long before they make it here! If we were in a more populated place, they wouldn't go out so much. I'm a worrier!

I say go for the ink!!!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: elevatedone

it's Appalachian American, not hillbilly

Apologies, Sire. I'm not looking to appropriate anyone's culture.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: elevatedone

thats another thing there were no anti bullt pc movements. Some kids were aholes and you dealt with it, we didnt were ribbons or wrist bands to stop aholes

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

I linked it right before your post... ^^^^^^^

Well, you little winner, you!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join