It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Men Do Not Get It When It Comes To Being Pregnant

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: argentus
a reply to: forthelove

I recently passed a kidney stone. I was writhing in pain. I didn't scream, but I won't claim I was brave either.

The very skilled nurse said to me, "that's the closest you'll ever come to childbirth, and it isn't really very close at all." She was compassionate and I thanked her afterward and appreciated her care and skill. I believe her.

That's funny your nurse told you that, because mine told me something different. I had 3 kidney stones trying to go down the same tube at the same time, so, yeah, worst pain of my entire life. The nurse that was helping me before my surgery to have them removed told me she felt bad for me, because she's had 4 kids, and one kidney stone. According to her, passing the kidney stone was worse than childbirth. lol

As for the op, it feels like I'm watching that episode of South Park where Tiger Woods has "sex addiction", and all the men keep talking about how bad it is all while looking from the side of their eyes at the women around them, in hopes they believe them. I tried to find a video link, but youtube sucks when it comes to copyrighted stuff. lol

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Unless they get an epidural, then it's not nearly as bad.

All the mothers who gave birth before such technology existed: they're the real heroes lol

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
For whatever it is worth, I've had 3 kids and I've also passed a kidney stone. One of the births literally almost killed me due to sudden and massive bleeding (have a damaged pituitary gland now as a result - Sheehan's Syndrome).

The kidney stone pain was worse. Your results may vary.

The kidney stone was also psychologically worse. At the end of childbirth, you have a precious baby that you have been loving and anticipating for 9 months. There is no greater happiness in my experience than hearing that first cry and holding your newborn child for the first time. At the end of the kidney stone, however, you have a little rock. The pain is not productive or justified or dampened by any joy. It's just a painful nasty little stone that should not be there. It's pain without a purpose. Kidney stones, in my experience, are worse.

I honestly thought the OP was satire the first time I read it. As I said before, women are built for giving birth. Don't worry so much about it. We are literally designed for this. I would absolutely not want my husband doing anything the OP suggested. I'd be horrified if he did.

This is kind of "Life 101", but maybe the review would be beneficial: men and women are different.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead
. . . . men and women are different.

WHAT???

That explains sooooo much now!

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I think that the OP was pulling our leg, or as the English say. . . . "Taking the piss". Though he might do that sitting down.

Anyone who actually believes and endorses that stuff in the OP, clinically, probably has less testosterone than a box of tampons.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Aw, I think you guys are being too hard on the OP!
It was a nice thought, that men should try to empathize and comprehend the experiences his female mate goes through.
What is so wrong with that???
Some of us might not feel the need to go as far he suggests, but I have met some really dumbass self centered men seriously lacking in the skills of empathy when it comes to women, and can be seriously abusive as a result.

Let's not go overboard in criticizing the basic premise here. It is not bad.

Boys grow up being told they need to be considerate of others, and respectful of women, but if they are, then they get a barrage of wussy accusations. That's not very fair. Besides, we don't know each other in person- a lot of times people write out the kind of advice they hear in their head- which just might be right for them. What one person should work on another might not need to.

We don't know this persons history. For example, what if he saw his father be extremely cruel and abusive to his mom while she was pregnant, when he was a little boy? (not saying that is the case, just pointing out that it sometimes happens we are just having fun poking at someone, without knowing we're being the jerks....

Not wanting to be a total party pooper, just pleading for a little moderation.
edit on 16-4-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
First thing is nobody makes them get pregnant, and second thing is while she lays on here back eating bon bons for 5 years you will be working 10 hours a day to finance it all .....congratulations. ...you need to go on youtube and watch some" Tom Leykis "...to get your balls back brother , shes going to wipe the floor with you with this attitude ......im just trying to help

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I've always put women on a pedestal.

(it's easier to look up their dress that way)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

While you are doing all that lame ass stuff in your Original Post I may just stop by the house and get your wife preggers again.

Being that she will need a real man to accomplish this.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

It seems as though I hit a strategic nerve in the insensitivity world. Much of what I have read proves my point. My manhood is quite in tact which is more than I can say for the bulk of the respondents. I am not going to reply to each one of you, it is painfully clear to me that most men do not get it and the women that have responded with the exception of BLUE are equally ridiculous in their assessment of the OP.

What started this is the fact that I witnessed first hand the jerks that this OP was written about. I am not really even sure most of you actually paid attention to what it was about. Perhaps you should try reading it again, oh never mind, it doesn't really matter if you get it or not, jerks will be jerks.

I was in a store the other day before the conversation with my wife and I overheard a conversation a jerk was having about his pregnant wife being a pain to deal with, how she was always complaining and how she was always insisting he did things for her, he even said that he wished she understood what he was going through, really? Are you kidding me?

Of course enacting laws is extreme and would never be allowed, but this is 2016 and I just think that sensitivity to the plight of others has been thrown in the trash, not just pregnant women, the old saying about walking a mile in another person's shoes just doesn't make it's way to the brain when selfish jerks only worry about themselves.

Decorum has also seemed to disappear from this site, I thought this was supposed to be a reasonable dialogue about different topics. Cherry picking what you want to focus on when the obvious point has been ignored is not my responsibility, I stand by what I wrote.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Look man, the negative responses you have garnered are not because of insensitivity. YOU have called out every man on this board.

I was in a store the other day before the conversation with my wife and I overheard a conversation a jerk was having about his pregnant wife being a pain to deal with, how she was always complaining and how she was always insisting he did things for her, he even said that he wished she understood what he was going through, really? Are you kidding me?

Yes are you kidding me? You have no idea who this is man is or his backstory, yet you immediately refer to him as "jerk". uggg.....

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: forthelove
It seems as though I hit a strategic nerve in the insensitivity world. Much of what I have read proves my point. My manhood is quite in tact which is more than I can say for the bulk of the respondents. I am not going to reply to each one of you, it is painfully clear to me that most men do not get it and the women that have responded with the exception of BLUE are equally ridiculous in their assessment of the OP.

Well, I'm not a guy, but I tend to agree with the male respondents in the thread versus you. Just keep in mind us poor widdle wimminz don't actually need the white knighting on crosses, m'kay? Especially since your rant was mostly bogus anyway from a female perspective.

What started this is the fact that I witnessed first hand the jerks that this OP was written about. I am not really even sure most of you actually paid attention to what it was about. Perhaps you should try reading it again, oh never mind, it doesn't really matter if you get it or not, jerks will be jerks.

Oh my gawd, pull the stick out of your hind end already.

And you know the exact specifics of this relationship how? His complaints may have been valid, whether you like it or not. You are not him nor her, nor do you know either, so now you're making assumptions based on eavesdropping.

Of course enacting laws is extreme and would never be allowed, but this is 2016 and I just think that sensitivity to the plight of others has been thrown in the trash, not just pregnant women, the old saying about walking a mile in another person's shoes just doesn't make it's way to the brain when selfish jerks only worry about themselves.

Holy s#. Get over yourself. It's pregnancy, not a terminal disease.

Decorum has also seemed to disappear from this site, I thought this was supposed to be a reasonable dialogue about different topics. Cherry picking what you want to focus on when the obvious point has been ignored is not my responsibility, I stand by what I wrote.

Unfortunately for you, I'm of the gender you think you need to defend for some weird reason. I think I'm allowed to respond with a little :headdesk:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I thought it was amusing satire.

I even started lactating in solidarity.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Yep, this pretty much confirms it! A menopausal and scorned, divorced, 41 year old woman trapped inside the body of an adolescent 22 year old androgynous metro-sexual male body who grew up as the only child of a liberated single mother in the Napa Valley who's WIC card just expired.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join