It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Did You/Your Wife Crave During Pregnancy?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Congratulations!!!

I craved fish sandwiches with dill pickles. For breakfast.

The last month was somewhat uncomfortable for me, but not horrible. I delivered right on my calculated due date, and the 2 or 3 days before that I was really uncomfortable, as my joints started to loosen up and baby was getting oriented head-down. Not painful at all, just not 'the usual' if that makes any sense.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Commuted to work in the Bay Area so there was always some type of road work somewhere..lol. Congratulations by the way!!

Your doctor may ask you if you have any weird cravings, bleach, glue etc. I thought that was crazy when I had my first child, who would crave something like that? Then the second one came and I was the crazy one with the weird craving. A lot of women get pica when they are pregnant.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
My wife wanted peach pie a la mode. From Denny's. Thank God they're open 24/7.
edit on 16-4-2016 by Monsieur Neary because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
My wife : fried chicken , pickles , and Hershey Almond bars . That was my dinner 5 days a week....ugghh. I did lose weight though.

ANd if you have morning sickness , cross over your partner in bed. That gives the morning sickness to them. How do I know ? Between the dinner and the morning sickness never felt as bad in my life.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Congratulations.

With my first pregnancy, I craved lettuce (I would eat the whole head in one go) mostly and sweet fruit, and McDonald's Big Macs, and I had a great surge in energy on and off, so I would break out in a sprint when out and about. The sprinting counteracted the Big Macs.

My second pregnancy was uneventful with no cravings.
edit on 16-4-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Hi,no This is more or less South Africa's Vegemite:

I never liked it much.it has a Very very strong taste,a little goes a looong way with this spread
We use Bovril rather,for savory spread,and sometimes cheese spread.I've made my own home made cheese spread before,it's even better than the shop spreads,and one can add chopped beef jerky as to it as well.

Here's the fishpaste we use,Peck's Anchovette.

Forgot to say earlier,with my lastborn,my son,i craved ice cubes in the worst way,for some reason,oh wow i must have consumed a small lake in those 38 weeks.I recall once having to stay overnight in hospital,i always had problems with my pregnancies,and i was 41 when i had our son,had a Shirodkar stitch,and i had pains so they kept me overnight just to be sure. I explained my craving for ice cubes and the nurse brought me a wonderful treat-they had these ice cube "bars" like a slab of chocolate,but made of ice,and i so happily sat munching on this,i just could Not get enough of ice cubes

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Thanks for everyone's participation in this thread! It really helped ease my stress about keeping a secret and I loved hearing everyone's weird, and not so weird cravings.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Child number one, the wife couldn't eat enough of the Brach's Orange Slices.

Child number two, jalapeno peppers.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What is a Brachs Orange slice?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Candy orange slices.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Congratulations!!!!

I suddenly wanted ice cream, soft serve and banana splits, no nuts. Vanilla or chocolate ice cream only. I do not normally eat sweets.

I had an absolute aversion to chicken. I could not eat it nor could I stand to smell it cooking. Within days of delivery, I started eating chicken again.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Since it is your first. I have to give recommendations as well, I can't help myself.

1) get this. I felt so much less nervous knowing she was sleeping on her side.

2) Get a waterproof cover for your mattress. The one you sleep on. Unless you want to buy another after you wake up in a lake if your water breaks in the night.

3) Get a disc or download from Baby Go to Sleep

This doesn't have to be you!

4) Ask for diapers and wipes. Diapers in all sizes. More and more diapers. People will want to overload you with a thousand pieces of clothing the baby will grow out of in a week.

5) If you are nursing, get this right off the bat:

6) Medela Pump in Style Advance

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: chelsdh

My doctor put the fear into me about gaining the necessary 25-30 pounds, "Or else you will have a weak sickly baby."

Then I confided in my partner that I didn't want to gain 50 pounds+ and be so uncomfortable I could barely move, and he told me about his family member who dieted her entire pregnancy and her son only grew to 5'.

So I'm hoping for 25 lbs (I'm only 5'2), but do I really have a ton of control over it?

I lost those 10 lbs? Yeah, then I never really gained weight after that.

They told me during one of my last appointments that they thought he'd be maybe between 6 and 7 lbs.

He was a full 8.

Of course, I was pretty much at war with my OBs the entire time. It was not a good experience.

They never know. I had difficulty fuly quitting smoking when I was pregnant. I was down to 2 or 3 a day. A really bichy doctor told me at an ultrasound "Your baby will be small because you smoke!". She was 8 lb 9 oz.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Thanks for the recommendations! We plan on cloth diapering because I make them anyways. I'm really hoping people don't over load us with stuff, because we're not stuff people.

The thought of using a breast pump is one of the weirdest things to me! But I'll likely need to if we need a babysitter.

A mattress cover is a good idea!

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
They never know. I had difficulty fuly quitting smoking when I was pregnant. I was down to 2 or 3 a day. A really bichy doctor told me at an ultrasound "Your baby will be small because you smoke!". She was 8 lb 9 oz.

Lol, same weight our second was! Did you end up with the newborn chunk-a-munk that fit 3 month clothes, too? If she hadn't been all knees & elbows, she might have fit into smaller stuff. Or maybe not, she was still a chubby baby. Her big sister was 6.5 pounds, she swam in some brands' newborn sizes.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

My breast pump was invaluable because it seemed my first born was always hungry and expressing milk and storing it gave me back some of my freedom and hubby could feed him and bond.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I am not sure about where you are, but a lot of insurance providers are covering the cost of pumps these days.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

I'm in Canada, so health insurance here really only covers prescriptions and upgraded hospital rooms.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Peaches.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join