It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Did You/Your Wife Crave During Pregnancy?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I recently found out I'm expecting; which, after an emotional week, has become a happy surprise. I dont really want to tell anyone until the 12 week "safe" mark, but I know none of you, so it's okay here!

I don't have many symptoms of pregnancy yet. Some really weird dreams, mild morning queasiness, and INTENSE sugar cravings. The most intense I've ever experienced. I've never been a sugar lover, so it's strange. Usually I try to have an apple or mango instead of something processed, but today I couldn't stop myself and I ate an entire bag of my partners gummy candies. He LOVES sugar, so maybe it's an offshoot of that (a barely plausible hypothesis, I know.)

So what did you or your wife crave while pregnant? Anything super weird?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I honestly never had any cravings.

I did lose my sense of taste and couldn't taste anything for about two weeks. It was the worst time because for me and my appetite, taste is EVERYTHING. Can't taste it? Don't want it.

When I went in for my second appointment, my OB was extremely upset. In a time when I should have been gaining, I had lost over 10 lbs.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Meat. In particular, smoked pork chops. I'm a vegetarian, so I craved it but was grossed out at the same time. Peanut butter was another big one. And loads of cantaloupe. And ice cubes.

Also, congratulations on the wonderful surprise. Is this your first?
edit on KAmerica/Chicago4300000002016-04-15T14:49:11-05:00k16Aprpm by Kentuckymama because: Add thoughts

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

My supervisor is 5 months pregnant right now says she keeps craving Pickles and Tuna Fish (even though normally she doesn't care for either)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Who would want to eat when they can't taste anything! So bizarre.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
i craved bacon when my wives were pregnant.
But then again, I craved bacon when they weren't pregnant.

Ooops!
I forgot to congratulate you!!!!
Congratulations!!!!

edit on b000000302016-04-15T14:54:06-05:0002America/ChicagoFri, 15 Apr 2016 14:54:06 -0500200000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama

It's our first. Definitely a shock, but we're financially stable and happy so maybe it was the time.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

With my first daughter I craved my brother in law's spaghetti with meat sauce...all the time...

With my second daughter I craved turkey sub sandwiches from Publix (grocery store) with lots and lots of jalapenos...

More than the cravings, for me, were things that I suddenly couldn't stand to look at, eat, or smell.

Eggs, meat frying, milk, mayonnaise or mayo based anything, the smell of cigarettes or any tobacco, the smell of alcohol, too much to list...

I didn't show with my first until around the 8 month mark...although I was healthy I think it was because of being 'turned off' by so many different foods...

Oh...congratulations!

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

My doctor told me to avoid tuna because of mercury. Hopefully she doesn't give in too often!

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I love bacon all the time, too. And thanks.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Dry roasted macadamia nuts- but after gaining way too much with my first, I don't indulge that often. This time around I found I REALLY wanted wine, and I'm not a wine drinker. But, that one is off limits as well.

Congratulations on the news!

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

She did mention that she isn't eating much of it because of that very reason. Also only having 1 cup of coffee a day (and boy, is she struggling with that)

link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Who would want to eat when they can't taste anything! So bizarre.

Congrats on the news, btw.

You want the most bizarre part? Toward the end, I could eat a small bite of banana or something with banana in it and my taste would come back for a few bites. So I was cutting everything with banana. It likely had something to do with my potassium levels.

link   
Congratulations!

Regarding cravings, this is pretty gross, but there was a long tunnel from Kaneohe to Honolulu, and during this time, I craved the smell of the damn fumes! And the smell of Pine Sol made me so ill, that 48 years later, I still can't stand the smell of it.

Keep a diary. Start writing letters to your baby and tuck them away. Maybe give them to him/her/them(?) when they announce that they are expecting.

CF
edit on 15-4-2016 by ClownFish because: Thought I mis-spelled something, but it was correct! Damn it.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

The cravings have been different during each pregnancy.
With my oldest I craved cheese. Preferably melted on a grilled cheese.

My middle child I craved for all for all food to go away. It made me very sick just to smell it.

My youngest, and only girl, brought a craving for all things spicy (I couldn't even eat black pepper in large amounts before her) and Popsicles. Only the really cheap ones that are loaded with yummy artificial flavors. Chipotle was my jam with this kid. It was my after appointment treat every doctors appointment.

My husband craved spicy food too but I swear if I was eating for two he was eating for three or four. Jerk still didn't gain an weight though. I looked like the Goodyear blimp.

Congratulations on the baby! It is a wild ride that leaves you exhausted but it truly is a rewarding experience. My oldest was telling me the other day about his conspiracy theory of the super secret room hidden very deep underneath the Pentagon. Not sure where he heard this but he is very insistent that it exists and most people don't know. LoL you never know what they will say really.

edit on 15-4-2016 by YachiruKusajishi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Congrats!!!!

My wife craved sauerkraut. SO MUCH sauerkraut. That and the sauerkraut juice.

I couldn't stand it. I like Hitler more than I like sauerkraut and I HATE that guy.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Congratulations
!!!

With my firstborn i craved whitebread fishpaste sandwiches and ice cold milk.I normally loathe milk.With my second i craved red meat and with my 3rd, savory maize meal porridge and greenbeans.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I wish we had a Publix here. When I was in Georgia, we stopped for fruit and it was the absolute cleanest and well displayed grocery store I've ever been in.

I really hope I don't get any food aversions.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
Dry roasted macadamia nuts- but after gaining way too much with my first, I don't indulge that often. This time around I found I REALLY wanted wine, and I'm not a wine drinker. But, that one is off limits as well.

Congratulations on the news!

Unless you're in Europe!

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

What's the weirdest thing you paired with banana?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join