It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Jupiters? It the hologram broken?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Exactly!!!

It just blinked on here and I can see it is there and it is still very dim here. I am not sure "it" is a thing or reflection of some sort. Since it is all of them in the same amount of distance it would mean they all are reflecting off the same layer at the same distance from it and that can't be right.

Thank you for taking part!!! a reply to: 772STi

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
double
edit on 15-4-2016 by wastedown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

I know what your sayin bro. I've seen it a few times in the last few months, I assumed I was just seeing one of its moon's. Which I never knew was possible without a telescope.

Peace.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The effect is very pronounced when I look at Sirius right now. I know it is actually two stars, but not to the naked eye is that noticeable.

Another thing I noticed... Mods? I had an iPhone autocorrect issue with my thread title. If it can be edited it should read. "Two Jupiters? Is the hologram broken?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
So far that is Texas, Florida, and Minisoda ;P thanks guys! And one top secret facility I assume is on Earth.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Sorry guys over 100 pics and I cant pick it up. The best shot I could get of Jupiter is the cross and barley shows.

So much for the best camera ever put in a phone, Lumia, tried many different settings and shutter speeds cant get it

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I tried too again tonight. No luck at all. I have no reason to doubt your character so I will take you at your words. You describe the exact same effect so I believe it is occurring in multiple locations. Honestly it is kind of freaking me out. Seriously, it's all of them. I guess it is at least a consistent and persistent effect, therefore we should be able to find a way to measure it along with document it at minimum for posterities sake. At least there is a record of people witnessing an event even if we never know what caused it.

a reply to: 772STi

edit on 15-4-2016 by wastedown because: Grammar nazi evasion

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Thank you, it is so odd thought. But thank you for cheering me up on my Friday night, had a bad day and that's all forgotten now I live for the little moments like this and so much enjoy sharing them with others. yet another reason I love this site and its members

Goodnight my friends

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I'm gonna give it a whirl with my phone. Its a little hazy tonight but I can still see Jupiter good

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Weighing in from my top secret facility somewhere in the Appalachia of Pennsylvania. Moon is currently directly West of my position.

Jupiter exhibits anamolous behavior. I am observing a second light directly above the planet. It periodically appears to retreat back into one Jupiter, then a less bright light appears directly off to the right of the planet, recedes, then moves back to its position directly above.

Interesting.

-end transmission-

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine
Weighing in from my top secret facility somewhere in the Appalachia of Pennsylvania. Moon is currently directly West of my position.

Jupiter exhibits anamolous behavior. I am observing a second light directly above the planet. It periodically appears to retreat back into one Jupiter, then a less bright light appears directly off to the right of the planet, recedes, then moves back to its position directly above.

Interesting.

-end transmission-

Couldn't get any decent pics on my phone. I did see that last night when looked. That's the thing I've been seeing, sometimes it looks like a faint planet rising from behind Jupiter.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
First things first. Thank you to everyone who took the time to participate last night. Sadly it appears my sky will not likely be clear enough to see the stars for what looks like all next week. That being said I urge anyone and everyone to go outside and take at least 10 minutes to survey the sky. Stare at each point of light for at least 30 seconds to give your rods and cones enough time to adjust to its light and gain focus. Last night was just the start, by no means also the end. I plan to continue observations and attempting to gather data and find a conclusion, continuing to update findings here.

Last night it was clear from comments that this a widespread phenomenon, that is consistent across several nights so I have no reason to expect it to stop. Anyone who adds input or can capture images would be greatly appreciated and awarded with a shiny new ATS STAR! No the effect cannot be detected there, one Star is still just one star...

Last night the effect was very pronounced when viewing Sirius, but was also noticed across the entire sky from my point of view. I attempted to capture images of Jupiter and thought at first that it was not coming through but as I looked a little closer at the images some consistent anomolious features are present in the images. One shows the upside down "V" with a dark spot on the inside of the peak. Several other images have the circle of the planet with a black spot near the center. It is not in all of the images, but is in a lot of them.

I also clicked off several of the moon in attempt to capture the offset haze image of itself and the haze is more pronounced on the right side just as it looked to my eyes. The most anomolious thing about the moon images I took is the fact that they show a complete ball, which I assume is correct considering the moon is supposed to be a ball after all. Thing is, the moon was not full last night, it was almost perfectly a half moon last night. Why would my iPhone5 not capture the half moon? It is perfectly round on three consecutive images.

I come to ATS to upload the images to my profile and no matter how I try I get an error report saying something like ATS.img only image files are allowed, or close to that. Basically ATS will not allow me to load the images here. I have many images saved in my profile here that were taken and uploaded by the same exact device. I have not renamed the files or anything to that effect. Mods? Anybody have any ideas or come across the same alert and figured out how to get around it? I would really like to present them here.

Another thing of note was the fact that the sky was clear of clouds and contrails shortly after sunset. I noticed many planes in the first hour or so of watching. I updated this thread about seeing it happening again with the moon then to Jupiter and within 20 minutes maybe a bit more a plane makes a pretty low pass leaving a thick persistent contrail in its wake drawing a line Northwest to Southeast directly between the Moon and Jupiter. It moved out within 15 min and the effect was unchanged.

The search continues... Thanks again for helping out my friends, you are all appreciated! Take it easy! If it's easy, take it home! LuCky
edit on 16-4-2016 by wastedown because: Grammar nazi evasion

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

You got it bro looks like I'll be having clear skies the next few days. I'll keep my eyes to the sky and report here if i see anything else and I'll hunt around and see if I can borrow a good camera.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I was going to respond last night but obviously didn't.

I've been seeing the flare effect coming off of the bottom of Jupiter for maybe a week or so. I'm forever scanning the sky, day or night. No Lasik super-eyes or telescope was used but I do wear prescription glasses. I'm in MA. I looked at it with my Zeiss 7 x 42B (non-digital) binoculars last night and saw the same flare effect after I fooled around trying to find a way to steady the binoculars while looking almost straight up. I've not noticed it on the other celestial bodies but the moon is a story in itself and has been for years.

If you were only seeing this apparition in relation to Jupiter I would say you must already know Jupiter was smacked with something a short while ago which was posted on the Internet.

I often see the moon looking bizarre, sometimes with one or more "echos" for lack of a better word. This has been going on for years but I attributed it, after much thought, to the changes in the physical nature of the atmosphere through which I am viewing it. Also, the moon often seems out of phase as far as how much of it is lit up compared to how it's supposed to look in its waxing/waning cycle. (I think they need to adjust the program. Lol!)

In addition to that, there are those who say the moon is often covered over with a hologram to hide what's going on on the surface because too many amateur astronomers were reporting seeing activity over the years. I don't discount that possibility for a lot of reasons. I would not be surprised to find out for sure it's true. You can be darn sure any astronomer who values his or her job or reputation isn't going to be reporting anomalies without official approval or sanction.

I am always open to unusual things, I love exploring possibilities and explanations and know not to close the mind door because if I did I'd miss out on all sorts of interesting stuff.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
look with one eye at a time and the "v" changes places. It's your eyes distorting the light.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LordOrobos
I would agree, except everything changes position when you close one eye or the other. That does not mean it isn't there, that just means your eyes are at a slightly different angle to the point of origin. In fact that goes more to prove it is there. If you closed one eye I would expect something physical to move. If it didn't move or vanished I would think it is just an effect of light. I say it is a new effect but have noticed it for over a week now, and in that time I have looked at it every way I can, upside down with my tongue just right in my cheek, it was still at the bottom not the top, which one would expect if is just a flare or anything of the sort. It is not my eyes, it is there.

Thanks for the reply! It helps, unless you have some other proof to back up your claim for me to review, I will keep seeking answers. I have been watching the sky for near 40 years, and this is new. Light distortions are generally temporary or specific to one area due to atmospheric conditions etc. if you read both pages here you had to see that it is at minimum visible across much of the US. If it was a common thing I'm sure I would have noticed it before in my years of observing pretty much anytime there is a clear sky. I have a lot of free time and do not smoke in my house so I spend a lot of time on my back porch which has a beautiful view of my southern sky, so I watch on pretty much a nightly basis. I am a musician and spend time working on the same porch, this allows plenty of sky watching time.

edit on 17-4-2016 by wastedown because: Grammar nazi evasion

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

I did see that about Jupiter being hit by something in the last couple of weeks. I am also familiar with the "Lunar Wave", which I am not sure is an effect of the camera or a real thing, it does make me wonder.

My research over the last few days has taken me to some really out there places. The theory I am leaning the most toward as of right now is Black Goo, Smart Dust, Space Shield related which ties in with geo engineering, HAARP and the chemtrail/persistent contrail phenomenon. Thing is if it the stars and planets reflecting off particulates in the atmosphere, why are they all so close to their parent star? It seems that because the stars are all different distances from this layer in the sky, that the reflections would all be on the same layer and the parent stars would be in their original positions. Therefore we should see two seperate sets of stars one all on the same layer the other at various distances from the viewer.

Look at the work of Harald Kautz-Vella, for some good info on black goo, and the Space Shield. He has taken research in the chemtrail phenom and smart dust distribution to a whole other level. I am looking for a scientific way to explain what I see and some of what he has discovered has me scratching my head trying not to believe what he is saying is true. Everybody talks about "them" spraying stuff in the sky, he has actually taken rain samples in for testing and is finding levels of aluminum and other heavy metals that should not exist in the concentrations that they are finding. The only explanation is that humans are adding it to the atmosphere for whatever reason. It is real and is really there if people want to believe it or not. Weather modification has long been documented, cloud seeding requires an airplane to spray particulates into the air. I believe that is the same thing as a chemtrail, right? It is real, again,to believe it or not is up to the individual.

Thought I don't want to admit it, it almost seems as if the stars are all about the same distance from us reflecting off a layer or dare I say dome that is very close to them. Which the smart dust space shield could be in place of. I know it is crazy talk, hence the search for a real undebunkable answer.

I appreciate your efforts and reply! Thank you for taking part in my little experiment!

Anybody have an idea how I can post my pics? I'm using an iphone5 and when I click upload I get the " abovetopsecret.img.com only image files are acceptable" message. Does Apple not produce image files from its camera? Help?! I have pics! Why would the half moon show up full in an image? Weird stuff is going on in our sky's guys! Help me figure out what it is!

edit on 17-4-2016 by wastedown because: To add the Harald Vella bit

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
no luck last night clouds decided to roll in, so I'll be out looking again tonight.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Had the girl check it out last night without giving any hint as to what she might be looking for. Took a minute until her eyes focused, then she let out a "holy sassafras what am I looking at!?"

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Could this be some kind of optical effect, like lens flare only with your actual eye's lenses? You said that the anomaly is to the left of Jupiter, with the moon to it's right. And it's to the right of Sirius, with the moon to it's left. Could you draw a straight line from the moon, through Jupiter or Sirius, and line up with the anomaly? Just a thought. Maybe someone else will know it this is possible.
It's been too overcast here to look, and I always see stars and the moon doubled anyway. So I won't be much help.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join