It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take to the Skies on the New Device. Flyboard-Air!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Zapata is at it again...the Flyboard-Air.

I have to say, this is very amazing. The rapid pace we are seeing new advanced technology come out & possibly available to the public is exciting.

I can see a new form of racing and competitions that I would surely spend my weekends over. I would even like to see another creation of theirs, The ZR Hoverboard made into an exciting water race event.

What are your thought ATSers on the future & practicality of this invention?

Flyboard LINK

In the video above, Zapata soars up to 30 meters (100 feet) from the ground at speeds of up to 55 kilometers per hour (34 miles per hour). He claims that his hoverboard, codenamed Flyboard Air, can fly higher than 3 kilometers (roughly 10,000 feet), for 10 minutes, moving at speeds of 150 kilometers per hour (93 miles per hour). Details of how the hoverboard works are currently few and far between, but it appears to be powered by a single jet turbine engine and a backpack of fuel. This all seems somewhat unrealistic, and there's a chance that this could very well be the case. Until more concrete evidence surfaces, the device's capabilities should perhaps be taken with a pinch of salt. It's not actually clear how Zapata is even piloting the hoverboard apart from leaning in the desired direction of travel, somewhat like a futuristic Segway. If the claims are true, however, flying at that altitude and that speed is both impressive and the very epitome of insane. From the video, it’s very clearly that one small mistake, one wrong step, would cause the pilot to fall off, culminating in a rather unfortunate reunion with the ground. Engine failure might not be fatal to the passenger if a parachute is kept on board, but here’s the catch: They’d have to already be flying high enough, several hundred meters up, to allow the parachute to actually work. All in all, if the hoverboard is real, it's certainly incredibly dangerous.

Enjoy!

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

From the video, it’s very clearly that one small mistake, one wrong step, would cause the pilot to fall off, culminating in a rather unfortunate reunion with the ground.

So why don't they make jet boots like Spock had in Star Trek 5? Can't fall off your boots.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
There's a flyboard in my driveway right now. My roommates son is into that, I think its neat but not my thing.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!
I can see this turning in to a "gotta have" for the well to do younger crowd, but it's a step in the right direction. It would have to have a seriously good stabilization system for the Regular Joe or Jane, but damn!! that would be fun.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Oh, I love this comment from the YT channel:

DO YOU WANT GREEN GOBLINS??.. BECAUSE THIS IS HOW YOU GET GREEN GOBLINS!

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
looking forward to jet powered shoes in the 2020's

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Already posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Luckly a mod will close this unnecessary thread soon

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin
What are your thought ATSers on the future & practicality of this invention?

My first thought is that far too many people are far too gullible.

This product is not possible, it does not exist, what you are witnessing here is nothing more than a very elaborate hoax by some pretty clever people - although they still can't successfully make the dust and water supposedly resulting from the pretend downward "thrust" of this imaginary craft actually reflect the movement of it. They also accidentally filmed from the perspective of the craft without giving the pilot a camera, presumably by drone.

Let me make it absolutely clear, in order to gain 30 feet of hight, from thrust alone, you would need something akin to an actual rocket engine, something ten times the size of what he's supposedly riding.

Even if they had somehow managed to achieve something no government has been able to achieve with billions of $'s of investment and decades of work, the instability of such a craft would make it impossible to fly.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Please add further comment to the existing thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed

new topics

top topics

join